remaxagnt
    remaxagnt's Avatar Become A Pro!

pads vs rockies

what does everyone think? im taking the hot team at home!
    whats everyone elses thought? also do the cubs have a chance vs dbacks?

bigdog3580
    bigdog3580's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Me too. Rockies.
    I have seen SD play all year. When the Padres aren't at home and they don't get the extra 2 inches on either side of the plate, then they are less than stellar. Maddux, Peavy and Young are all overrated when they don't get the extra inches.
    This is true. Fact. Peavy maybe not so much, but Young and Maddux for sure.

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

i like the rockies too. but they got peavy pitching, so it is going to be plus money i bet

pico
    USC ml

951 San Diego Padres J Peavy -R -1½ +110 9 -145
    952 Colorado Rockies J Fogg -R -130 +125

pico
    USC ml

+125...i think i'll take it

Minura
    Minura's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 486

i have the rockies at +132, wonder if i should hold of till tomorrow or bet now. Seems like most people are on them and by tomorrow it might drop off.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog3580 View Post
    Me too. Rockies.
    I have seen SD play all year. When the Padres aren't at home and they don't get the extra 2 inches on either side of the plate, then they are less than stellar. Maddux, Peavy and Young are all overrated when they don't get the extra inches.
    This is true. Fact. Peavy maybe not so much, but Young and Maddux for sure.
    Peavy pitches alot better on the road for some odd reason.

TheAmazings
    TheAmazings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm thinking Rockies, don't think the Pads will be able to score with that offense.

BTW, is this game going to be on TV or will I have to watch this game on the shitty MLB.TV.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm definitely taking Rockies +130...Fogg has been pitching well lately...Pads gave up runs today from the 4th inning on, that can't help w/confidence in the pen and even if the Pads go up the Rockies are feeling and playing so confident that they couldn't care less if they are behind since they're at home...I don't think the Pads will feel the same if the Rockies get the lead first...Pads really blew it this weekend and they know it while the Rockies are just happy to be in this spot...and to have the game at home? Advantage Rockies...

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13658

Peavy has some absolutely stunning numbers on the road this season, ridiculous really. If the Padres can just hit even a little, I'm sure he'll be in good shape.

Looks like the the Rock are the consensus in this thread though, so good luck to you guys. Hopefully it works out for you.....

y2p731
    Go For Broke
    y2p731's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

19-6 with a 2.36 era going for win number 20 (this game counts as a regular season game) and a playoff spot on the line.

I'll take the Padres.

EJandV
    EJandV's Avatar Become A Pro!

This game is insane is my best early feedback .

EJandV
    EJandV's Avatar Become A Pro!

So far , this thread has it 6 for COL and 2 for SD .

It would be real nice to get some of the people all over this forum on this thread , the people in the players talk section .

Doubts >> I predicted the Padres to be toast when they lost Cameron and Bradley , sticking by that I would have to take the Rockies but I do not like to bet games in COL , the air is toooooooooooo thin and a great pitcher can be made to perform mediocre at best ...

Both starters on normal rest :
    Peavy pitched on wed night at the Giants and crushed the Giants 11 - 3 . (Peavy is the best road pitcher in all of baseball at 10 - 1 with a 2.16 in 14 outings)
    Fogg pitched wed at the Dodgers and edged the Dodgers 2 - 0 . Fogg is 3 -0 with a 2.94 era in his last 6 starts .
    Fogg is now called the dragonslayer ? what a bunch of bs !!!

Never get caught in the fogg .

I see this one going to SD bucking my pads toast prediction . final score 5 - 3 Padres win .

Note : The Padres making the postseason would be the 1 returning team in the NL from 06 .
    If The Rock get in it will be 4 brand new teams in the NL 07 postseason , none from last year .

Conclusion : if that happens that is straight bs !

add :No sense talking about the bullpens here because they can both give it up no matter what the #s ....Hoffman is a legend .
    Padres 5 Rockies 3
    Last edited by EJandV; 10-01-07 at 04:55 AM. Reason: add

denn333
    Update your status
    denn333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Peavy, enough said, stellar performance upcoming.

LGBoots
    LGBoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Rockies are the value here (IMO)

Padres are going to be down following that collapse against the Brewers last night.

Rockies must be on a high just to have got as far as this game + they play this shootout at home

Got them at +132

pico
    USC ml

peavy and chris young are the two pitchers that i always bet on. but this game is like post season (so you can pretty much throw all the regular season stats out of the window...pure instinct here...i say the rockies will win)...even more important than post season...more like the final game in a 163 games series

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

i'm going with the rocks and the over.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

i'm on the rockies bandwagon

MJFtheGenius

Padres should win this game, Jake peavy is a big time pitcher and this is a big time game while Joss Fogg struggles against the Padres lineup. Both the Giles brothers (especialy Marcus) and Adrian Gonzalez have great numbers vs Fogg. Meanwhile peavy has owned the Rockies batters. However Peavy has never pitched at Coors this season, take that for what you want but I say Peavy will be very Peavy like in this game. But I do like Fogg to pitch alright since bradley and cameron are out, I dont think giles and Gonzalez will continue to have success. This is a big game, I think the batters will be swingin the bats with alot of nerves in them today. I have a play in this one, but I dont want to post cause it's bad luck for me.

pico
    USC ml

but this is at denver. high attitude is a factor here

MJFtheGenius

Quote Originally Posted by picoman View Post
    Yes for Fogg it probably will be a factor, but peavy it will not. Peavy will pitch great. He has had lots of success at other hitters ballparks, he is a stikeout pitcher so the altitude does not matter.

pico
    USC ml

Quote Originally Posted by MJFtheGenius View Post
    Yes for Fogg it probably will be a factor, but peavy it will not. Peavy will pitch great. He has had lots of success at other hitters ballparks, he is a stikeout pitcher so the altitude does not matter.
    -135 for peavy is a bargan actually. whenever peavy pitches, it is always -200 or higher

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Peavy is going to dominate, I don't think it will be close. I can see 6-1.

WestsidePete

I heard the GM of Colorado on the radio this morning say he thought the Rockies were playing uptight for the first time yesterday and also doesn't expect many runs today and feels Fogg needs to come thru like he has in the past couple of weeks...yesterday t was 1-1 until the 8th vs an Arizona that wasn't playing for anything. I don't see a lot of runs being scored either ....I am actually taking the complete low risk play with COL +2.5 at -220 ....the under 5 -120 1st 5 inning line and under 9 even line.

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

anyone else playing the over/under?

Rockies +120 by the way

WestsidePete

Quote Originally Posted by bmac View Post
    anyone else playing the over/under?

Rockies +120 by the way

under 5 inning line and under game line

bmac

Quote Originally Posted by WestsidePete View Post
    I heard the GM of Colorado on the radio this morning say he thought the Rockies were playing uptight for the first time yesterday and also doesn't expect many runs today and feels Fogg needs to come thru like he has in the past couple of weeks...yesterday t was 1-1 until the 8th vs an Arizona that wasn't playing for anything. I don't see a lot of runs being scored either ....I am actually taking the complete low risk play with COL +2.5 at -220 ....the under 5 -120 1st 5 inning line and under 9 even line.

Maybe because it was their first sell out since opening day lol

bmac

Quote Originally Posted by MJFtheGenius View Post
    I guess maybe the altitude could be a factor, in that he may fatigue faster.... +Altitude = -Oxygen
    Last edited by bmac; 10-01-07 at 03:41 PM.

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by remaxagnt View Post
    what does everyone think? im taking the hot team at home!
    whats everyone elses thought? also do the cubs have a chance vs dbacks?
    I will be on the rockies also. The padres are screwed.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seems like the under is the way to go. I'd side with the plus money with COL if pushed to make a pick.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

Quote Originally Posted by picoman View Post
    homeruns have actually went down at coors field. 2 years ago they started putting the game balls in humidifiers to make the ball less lively.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by bmac View Post
    I guess maybe the altitude could be a factor, in that he may fatigue faster.... +Altitude = -Oxygen
    He is pitching a baseball that weighs a few onces not running a marathon guys.

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know this game will be shown on tv tonight, but I can't find a listing in the guide. Anyone know what network / channel will be broadcasting this one?

BigD
    BigD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1863

rocks

WestsidePete

Quote Originally Posted by betplom View Post
    I know this game will be shown on tv tonight, but I can't find a listing in the guide. Anyone know what network / channel will be broadcasting this one?

TBS I believe

12 Last