bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Clay Buchholz-OUT for the postseason

BOSTON -- Boston rookie Clay Buchholz won't pitch for the rest of the year and will miss the postseason because of shoulder fatigue.

This could be a very big blow to that Red Sox pen during there post season run this year. This kid has really shown some promise this year especially after that no-hitter he threw against Baltimore a few weeks back.

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

red sox is cursed. they're not even going to win the alcs

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by picoman View Post
    red sox is cursed. they're not even going to win the alcs
    That curse was broke after winning that 2004 world series Pico.

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    That curse was broke after winning that 2004 world series Pico.
    it is still there. boston will never win a world series for the next 50 years. you can quote me on that.

bigboydan

Then consider yourself quoted then Pico.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Quote Originally Posted by picoman View Post
    it is still there. boston will never win a world series for the next 50 years. you can quote me on that.
    By 50 years do you mean 3 weeks?

As for Buchholz, it was unlikely Francona would have put him in the game in a meaningful situation in the playoffs anyway, so as good as Buchholz is/will be, it will probably have little impact.

If Okajima doesn't regain his form from earlier in the season, the Sox have no shot of winning the pennant.

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13676

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post

As for Buchholz, it was unlikely Francona would have put him in the game in a meaningful situation in the playoffs anyway, so as good as Buchholz is/will be, it will probably have little impact.
    Completely agree. While he did throw the no-no, this was still a guy who pitched only 22 innings and appeared in 4 games...But hey, thanks to Pico, the "Curse of the Buchholz" watch can replace the now-defunct Curse of the Bambino.

EJandV
    EJandV's Avatar Become A Pro!

On paper and what I have seen , it seems the AL bullpens all are a liabiltiy . I dont like the Angels closer at all no matter what he has done .
    If I was manager I would have the take sign on and he would walk batter after batter . He is a master at making players swing at balls .........
    We have to remember that the Cards bullpen looked worse than all of these teams and they stepped up , rose to the occassion and won the World Series , the suspect joke bullpen stepped up ......