betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

FSN Prime Ticket - Dodgers Commentator

I've watched other Dodgers games before and had to listen to this guy babble on, listening to him is worse than Chinese water torture.

He does the whole game himself, no sidekick and he hardly pauses or stops talking. This guy (don't know his name) is as annoying as it gets. Please, STFU for a couple of minutes!!!

Am I the only one who finds him so unbearable????

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Are you talking about Vin Scully? If so, he is probably the most respected announcer ever.

betplom
    maniac

yep, good ol Vin, he must get paid per word.

I thought it sounded like him but thought he was dead.

I have to mute the sound in order to watch the Colo / LA game without going crazy.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

LOL man I know what you mean and agree. If he had a sidekick with him he would be fine.

EJandV
    EJandV's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you are winning your wager then Vin is the king , if you are losing its a throw the tv out the window , shut that mf up .

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Vin Scully.

I like listing to his commentary during the game myself. In fact if you don't like Vin, then odds are you don't like some of the others out there like John Miller who has the same style of broadcasting savvy.

MJFtheGenius

I dont have a problem with Vin, all I am saying is it would be nice to hear another voice.

betplom
    maniac

He knows the game no doubt. I do know who he is, its his cadence and manner of speaking that gets to me. I'd compare it to someone writing a paragraph with no punctuation.

I like the Boston & Detroit commentators, more my style.

I agree though, since I bet Colo and they're winning its not as bad as when it was 0-0.

Go rockies!! (I knew Loiaza would fall apart)

EJandV

BBD , If you are losing your money on the game and can sit there and listen to someone ramble on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on then you are gifted with immeasurable tolerance . and on and on and on and on and on , give it a rest would ya .
    If you are on the Rockies right now then everything Vin says is like music to your ears , and 80% of it is in one ear out the other , like listening to mozart , or listening to a waterfall . come on man you get it !!!!!!!!!

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Best announcer of all time.

Him and Chick Hearn.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EJandV View Post
    BBD , If you are losing your money on the game and can sit there and listen to someone ramble on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on then you are gifted with immeasurable tolerance . and on and on and on and on and on
    Nope, Thats what my mute button is for sir.

EJandV

Yeah , they need to team Vin Sculley up with the guy that used to do monday night football , the one that used all the big words , is a comedian .

I would pay big money to hear those 2 try and get a word in edgewise , one funny over everyones head while the other one just trying to be simple yet cute .
    They would make a great team , a match made in heaven .

MJFtheGenius

Quote Originally Posted by EJandV View Post
    Yeah , they need to team Vin Sculley up with the guy that used to do monday night football , the one that used all the big words , is a comedian .

I would pay big money to hear those 2 try and get a word in edgewise , one funny over everyones head while the other one just trying to be simple yet cute .
    They would make a great team , a match made in heaven .
    You talking about Dennis Miller, haha that would be something to see

EJandV

Yep , Dennis Miller thats him , man that would be the shi$nik !!! Every Dodger game would be something to tune into to trip out on ............. ))

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Vin Scully ranks #2 as a play-by-play man on my list right behind Ernie Harwell. And I'd much rather hear just a single voice in the booth than have two or three people talking over each other and getting so far off the subject of the game at hand that you might as well MUTE and just watch the game in silence.

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Love Vin Scully, makes the game extremely entertaining and I love his rambling. I don't have the baseball package this year on Directv and miss him greatly.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Charlie Steiner is great too. He does some Dodgers games here.