Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fantasy Baseball Help

Got an Auction Draft today. Who are some good sleepers, comeback players, break-out players, etc.? Who Should I avoid/Not pay too much for? Thank you in advance! Points to the poster with the best(sounding) advice.

Terrapin Station
    Terrapin Station's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Auction drafts tend to get crazy at the beginning, and the bidding for players like Pujols gets pretty high. I would recommend holding off when the prices start to drive up. I've also seen in the past few that I have done, that people will seriously overpay for guys on teams like the Red Sox, Yankees, Phillies. That being said, you have can help reduce other people's bank by picking guys from those teams when it comes to be your turn to choose.

"Overpaying" for a player in the first few rounds could cost you a premium, but doing the same in the later rounds might only mean a dollar or two above what the player should go for.

In terms of sleepers, I've been seeing Jake Peavy not going for nearly as high as he should. Good $1-$2 flyers might be players like Kyle Blanks from San Diego and Kurt Suzuki from Oakland. Adam Dunn has had the most consistent stats out of anyone for the past few seasons, he can put together some great power numbers, but for the most part people tend to shy away from him at first.

Good luck with your draft.
    Points Awarded:

Jonah gave Terrapin Station 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2081

Fausto Carmona

He was a 19 game winner with a 3.06 era in 2007. That year he walked 61 in 215 innings. The next two years he walked 70 each year in just 120 innings and 125 innings. Needless to say, walks have killed him since his huge year. This spring he has walked a total of 2 batters in 26 innings which has resulted in just 4 runs allowed. He's having as good of a spring as anyone out there and its because he hasn't been handing out those freebies like hie did in '08 and '09. This coming in the cactus league in arizona which is a very tough place to pitch.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin Station View Post
    Auction drafts tend to get crazy at the beginning, and the bidding for players like Pujols gets pretty high. I would recommend holding off when the prices start to drive up. I've also seen in the past few that I have done, that people will seriously overpay for guys on teams like the Red Sox, Yankees, Phillies. That being said, you have can help reduce other people's bank by picking guys from those teams when it comes to be your turn to choose.

"Overpaying" for a player in the first few rounds could cost you a premium, but doing the same in the later rounds might only mean a dollar or two above what the player should go for.

In terms of sleepers, I've been seeing Jake Peavy not going for nearly as high as he should. Good $1-$2 flyers might be players like Kyle Blanks from San Diego and Kurt Suzuki from Oakland. Adam Dunn has had the most consistent stats out of anyone for the past few seasons, he can put together some great power numbers, but for the most part people tend to shy away from him at first.

Good luck with your draft.
    I will take a look at Dunn. Thanks... Was hoping for more replies. Something for the effort for now.