Betpoints: 60

Is anyone surprised by the 7 or so sweeps

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!

guess not

EJandV
    EJandV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Was surprised tigers layed down like they did . Like I told you last month about how MLB works usually >>> the teams get swept in a 3 game series more than they avoid the sweep . By the numbers they do , one week all 10 or was it 11 , they all were swept , would have been an amazing parlay to hit there . Off the top of my head it is no contest they sweep .
    My common sense thinking has always made me lean towards a team not getting swept for obvious reasons like these mo fos just cant keep losing like this I know ....
    But really they get swept more than avoid .
    Even in the 4 game series , amazing as that sounds .

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!

that would make pitt and dodgers losers on thurs then or candidates to be losers on thurs.

EJandV

nah , is a game by game basis . Dodgers could win 4 in a row starting thurs doesn't mean anything , they still will not make the playoffs . Padres game no clue , I dont like Tomko as a rule . The sweeps usually are not crazy lopsided , they are like 5 - 3 teams get swept on average off the top of my head . The schedule has alot to do with that category , for a bunch of teams to even be in the 3rd game of a 3 game on the same day ....... is also balanced like 4 - 4 with the sweep thing .
    Really you cant use the bet teams get swept or dont unless it is a day like today with a bunch of teams , of course it can be very ez . If it is 4 teams trying to avoid the sweep you pick the 2 you like most to get swept and that leaves the other 2 so you can nail it looking for 2 - 2 finish .
    Being a tracker in categories liek this can pay off very easily , it of course can blow up in your face . duh right .
    You can play it by the rubber game thing just like the sweep .
    But , no you always pretty much have to know each game is handicapped by a game by game basis . Because the padres won first 3 doesnt mean they show up thurs and sweep 4 games from the sorry bucs , because dodgers lost 2 in a row does in no way point to them losing thurs . Both games are pretty tough .
    Both pads and dodgers could lose so very easily just like what almost happened tonight .
    Another words I dont know .
    Last edited by EJandV; 09-20-07 at 01:12 AM. Reason: correction

EJandV

The Dodgers hurt me the last 2 nights so my mind is no where close to a winning zone to try and figure game 3 out and I have a rule to stay away from Coors Field .
    I am not as good at some aspects of this business as I should be , like there are 2, 3 , 4 , or 5 depts for one business , being all 5 depts can be crushing and it crushes me often . I go perfect on paper all the time so I need to be able to just hand off the paper and let another dept click em in .
    Going against my rule in Coors that happened because I did not have a table of handicappers to throw around our thoughts and the wise man tells me , " hey , you dont do games at Coors remember" ..........etc , yeah that is so simple and all that was needed to have avoided that lemon loss , that loss of money that otherwise would have been a plus return. Dodgers were my only loss of all the selections I clicked . Keep it real >>> if they had won what would I say then , still the stay away from Coors Field rule ? thats funny huh . I would let it fly and feel like I was above my own rules .
    Not a smart way to be in the long run
    whatever you have strong feelings about get you a notebook and write these things down in the front of your notebook , you think these things for VALID REASONS .
    Most of the time your discipline will pay off .
    Last edited by EJandV; 09-20-07 at 04:02 AM.

EJandV

"speakingfrom experience only"can be a category for making your pick on who will win a game okay . Using that alone I would not chase a team that is losing and think oh yeah today will be different .
    That's why more teams get swept because that indeed is the higher % of what occurs in the MLB .
    I could take the Dodgers again , forget my rule on coors , okay , they could so easily lose again .
    What does this mean ? It means I am going against the # s and against my speaking from experience category of handicapping mlb games .
    A team that is on a losing streak should be left alone until they show they can win one . This of course is the overall best strategy , overall being the key word .
    This will help a person avoid riding with the team over and over on their 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 ,8 9 , 10 game losing streak.
    The opposite >>> if you areontheteam that is on winning streak starts a 1 , or 2 , they win 3, 4 ,5 , 6 ,7 , 8 ,9 , 10 in row then you are right there the whole time smiling waiting on your money .
    This is all freestyle from brain to computer , if thereholes in it whichof course someone can find holes in a frying pan , well , honestly it is just simple brainstorm magic .
    It always helps to start applying this from day 1 of the season . Us being in sept we can really look for some whacky things to occur most likely .
    The teams that are in the wildcard race , they can both lose on the same day for a simple example just liek they can both cash that same day . Sodrawn out it can complex to say the least .
    Perfecto ? just like hitting that curb in your car , one lil mishap and crash and burn , duck that wall and its a perfect day on your paper and is all smiles . We strive for the same perfection . Thewall is the lemon that always exists as thurs will not be 10 - 0 favs ruled . If I had to pick those 2 NL West games and if I was wrong I would die , I mightas well pull the trigger now . (category = strategy another words )
    Last edited by EJandV; 09-20-07 at 02:27 AM. Reason: add : ( category = strategy )

EJandV

3 And 4 Game Sweep ?

Quote Originally Posted by AC1318 View Post
    that would make pitt and dodgers losers on thurs then or candidates to be losers on thurs.
    going by the overall numbers yes , but singling out 2 series like this in 2 NL west division games with both having playoff implications late in sept , ahhh . If you wagered for ALL the teams to be swept when they fall into that cateogry on wed ,thurs , and sunday , just those 3 days , then you would be plus money this year big time , depending on much you wager and if you gave up the run and a half , haha . Is alot man , thats why I have to friggin type so much . Is hard to simplify .
    Just when you think you made the right move it will turn out to be a minus money wager because you didnt get the whole scoop / strategy / then it's too late , the game is over and it's another loss .
    Going with the strategy I talked about in the piece about not backing a team on losing streak would mean go Pad and Rocks.
    There are other strategies of course >>> if you went with the due to win / team due to lose then of course you would take the opposite of the above (which is a losing one overall) .
    You can find what strategy you like best and just stick with it always .
    Like I said the catch team in win streak and keep clciking em in speaks for itself .
    The due shit can have you taking team to break 4 game losing streak like LA and they dont break their losing streak until you hear the announcer saying " and the Dodgers break out of their 6 game losing streak ............. not saying this will happen but this is how it works in general , makes alot of sense to hear it echo in your ears , the announcer saying one of the bottom feeders finally snap 8 game losing streak , ring ring in your ears ................hopefully we ARE NOT riding these teams on the losing streak waiting for them to break it , ahhhhhhhhhhh ( any day now ) okay ? 2008 MLB you and me baby !!!! 2007 reg season is pretty much done .
    Last edited by EJandV; 09-20-07 at 03:39 AM.

EJandV

Important note to avoid confusion in post above : the thing I said about going with the team to sweep the other team , this is made complicated because the team going for the sweep is the better team alot with advantages , so the odds can be too high , so we want to give up the run and a half to even make it worth doing , right .
    This is just one of the bad things about betting baseball .
    How I would define this >>> is called putting shi# in the game, is no way around it really , it sucks for the odds to be so high in games we like , we all know our big odd fav can win by only a run . Any extra inning game we feel like the unluckiest person alive to have the -1.5 , well this is the man putting shit in the game and is a drawback to betting on baseball .
    Esp when I have the -1.5 on 15 parlays and it's the last one I need to cash to hit all my parlays , this has been a normal occurence in my world needing that last game .
    In Reality >>> when this is occuring I want so bad to be able to go back in time and just take em straight , why was I so greedy I ask myself , etc . yeah , they put shit in the game , is just one of them things with MLB betting .
    Last edited by EJandV; 09-20-07 at 03:54 AM.

EJandV

If you didnt know >>> Reason for not being able to always get all the matchups in the trying to avoid the sweep category is because some 3 game series start on mon while other matchups start series on tues . Some start series on thurs ........ 4 game series I never even count that 1 as a team trying to avoid in the 3rd game . I have sometimes but for some reason I dont see it as the same as a pure 3 game series if it's a 4 game series ................

EJandV

Any of this make sense to you ?

Quote Originally Posted by EJandV View Post
    going by the overall numbers yes ,
    Going with the strategy I talked about in the piece about not backing a team on losing streak would mean go Pad and Rocks.
    There are other strategies of course >>> if you went with the due to win / team due to lose then of course you would take the opposite of the above (which is a losing one overall) .
    You can find what strategy you like best and just stick with it always .
    Like I said the catch team in win streak and keep clciking em in speaks for itself .
    The due shit can have you taking team to break 4 game losing streak like LA and they dont break their losing streak until you hear the announcer saying " and the Dodgers break out of their 6 game losing streak ............. not saying this will happen but this is how it works in general , makes alot of sense to hear it echo in your ears , the announcer saying one of the bottom feeders finally snap 8 game losing streak , ring ring in your ears ................hopefully we ARE NOT riding these teams on the losing streak waiting for them to break it , ahhhhhhhhhhh ( any day now ) okay ? 2008 MLB you and me baby !!!! 2007 reg season is pretty much done .
    Does any of this make sense to you ?
    I know it takes alot to really read something but if you spent the time and truly thought about the real life results/ brainstorm to paper that I gave here (yes only in my style of writting) you might learn something Bate .
    Going against the teams that are on losing streak like dodgers and pirates ? WAS THAT GOOD FEEDBACK FROM ME TODAY or is it something I made up just for the hell of it ? lmao
    let me see here , the scores in those 2 games are 9 - 4 and 6 - 3 right now , welllllll ? do you like the strategy or not ? Anyone like it ? ANYONE ????????????