aajreyno
    aajreyno's Avatar Become A Pro!

How do you handicap a MLB game

Will someone tell me the steps of handicapping a MLB game? I would like to learn. If no one wants to post, does anybody know where I could access this information?

Dave Head
    Dave Head's Avatar Become A Pro!

1) justin7 is SBR's resident statistical modeling expert. Go to SBR.Tv and search users for justin7. On page 2 of the results, you'll see videos titled "Into to math based sports betting" and "Blackbox modeling in sports". There's more, but those will get you started. He's also writing a book that he plans to finish this summer.

2) While you're at SBR.Tv, check the newest videos. The ones with Peter Loshak are usually worth your time. He has interviews with handicappers, and discusses games far in advance, giving you plenty of time to make a play.

3) Since you're new, don't bet real money. Just go through the motions. SBR has a spreadsheet that will keep track of how many units you have won or lost.

4) Visit the SBR "Handicapper Think Tank" forum.

Good Luck

emoney
    emoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

It is no different than other sports.

You can waste a lot of time on stats, trends, etc. thinking that you are going to come up with something that Vegas didn't already factor in when they set the line to begin with.

Or, you can just flip a coin and have fun.

keel44
    Update your status
    keel44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12276

Pitching is overrated. Offense goes in streaks of production. Follow offensive trends. Don't be influenced by high juice. Underdogs are the way to go. Look to the offense for over/unders not pitching.

KC
    KC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Most make the mistake of just looking at pitcher vs pitcher. One has to consider pitcher+bullpen vs lineup.

SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2923

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Head View Post
    1) justin7 is SBR's resident statistical modeling expert. Go to SBR.Tv and search users for justin7. On page 2 of the results, you'll see videos titled "Into to math based sports betting" and "Blackbox modeling in sports". There's more, but those will get you started. He's also writing a book that he plans to finish this summer.

2) While you're at SBR.Tv, check the newest videos. The ones with Peter Loshak are usually worth your time. He has interviews with handicappers, and discusses games far in advance, giving you plenty of time to make a play.

3) Since you're new, don't bet real money. Just go through the motions. SBR has a spreadsheet that will keep track of how many units you have won or lost.

4) Visit the SBR "Handicapper Think Tank" forum.

Good Luck
    Excellent info!!!!

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

bet against the last world series winner every game, which is the yankees, and you'll likely make a small profit. this will give you action every night. during that time watch as many games as you can while drinking as many beers as you can. this only works til you pass out then you start over again; on the beers i mean.

chrislau86
    chrislau86's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some cappers follow line movement for the NBA. Is this useful in baseball as well? I guess it'd only be ML since the run line is always 1.5, correct?

aajreyno
    aajreyno's Avatar Become A Pro!

awesome info guys!