Fvked By Bookie!!

my bet on pirates is a loss
    but my bet on the over is no bet??

wtf-is this the norm?

anyone else?

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Did he miss understand you and think it was a two game parlay????

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Was this a rained out game?

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

shortened game after 8 innings
    they count the bet on pittsburgh as a loss
    but the over is a no bet
    seperate straight bets

they told me game must go 8-1/2 on total bets

still sucks though

trifectabx
    trifectabx's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is this a straight bookie that you call everyday.. Or can you place through a website???

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

offshore-bookmaker

Aces
    Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

This came off the site.

Official Game Time Winners and Losers are official after 5 innings of play unless the home team is leading after 4˝ innings. If a game is called or suspended, the score after the last full inning determines the winner. If the home team scores to tie - or takes the lead in the bottom half of the inning— the score at the time the game is called determines the winner. Monies will be refunded if the home team ties the game and it is then suspended. Events will not carry over to the following day (unless otherwise specified). BookMaker does not recognize suspended games, protests, overturned decisions, etc. for betting purposes.
    When betting on the total runs (over/under) the game must go 9 innings (8˝ if the home team is ahead) to have action. Wagers on total runs will be refunded if a pitcher change occurs prior to both listed pitchers throwing at least one pitch. Rules for the run line wagers are the same as those for baseball totals.
    Game must be played on scheduled date and site.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

i've been in that same boat with the over already in but didn't go 8 1/2 innings.
    bad beat there.

i'm wondering if wisconsin/unlv will have a similar "power outage" tomorrow if wisconsin is covering big time. a lot of tourists from wisconsin all put square money on the badgers.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo.../vegas_outage/

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Yep, book is correct Crayzee. Moneyline are official after 5 innings, so Pittsburgh is a loss. Totals must go 9 innings, so all totals are refunds. That is the standard industry rule, so you did not get fvcked from a rules standpoint. It was just bad luck for Over bettors and an Act of God (literally!) for Under backers.

PatrickSports
    PatrickSports's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    i've been in that same boat with the over already in but didn't go 8 1/2 innings.
    bad beat there.

i'm wondering if wisconsin/unlv will have a similar "power outage" tomorrow if wisconsin is covering big time. a lot of tourists from wisconsin all put square money on the badgers.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo.../vegas_outage/
    Oh does that take me back to a very bad place. Barry Alvarez used to be in Vegas every fricking bye week when he was HC. He's really tight with Jimmy Vaccaro, that MF-er.