The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

August 25 Ganchalysis: Leans I'm Liking

Just bare-bones writeups, but these are my plays:

WSox ML (+110), Over 9 (-105): Buehrle should keep the Sox in the game, Wakefield should return to his mediocre ways and the total is low considering the pitching involved, even though the Sox are weakish offensively.

Philly ML (-125): Philly is primed for a win, and Hensley is having real problems that don't appear to be solved at all yet, and that will be real trouble against Philly in this park. Even though Lohse is iffy himself, he's better than Hensley at this point, and at this line is worth going with.

Tampa Bay ML (-120), Over 8.5 (+105): Blanton should be vulnerable here, he's been having trouble when not getting a break from facing weak lineups or going in pitchers' parks. Kazmir should be ok, Oakland will test him a little but not too much, TB should be able to pull this one out and get over the low total.

Atlanta ML (-140): Stl is struggling offensively, Pujols may be slightly injured, and Tim Hudson is rolling, pitching solidly and consistently with low pitch counts. Atlanta's lineup against Pineiro should be able to score enough to get a solid lead.

Washington ML (+130), Over 10 (+100): Jimenez is good and Redding will be vulnerable, but Wash has a decent lineup and could easily score a lot in this one, this game could turn into a pinball game, going easily over, and giving Wash as good a chance to win as Colorado.

Texas ML (+115): Seattle has been a great bet this year, and they have a strong lineup and quality bullpen, but Ramirez has been awful his entire career in hitters' parks, so much so that that factor alone gives Texas value as a dog here IMO.

Angels ML (-130): Toronto is really just not getting done offensively at all of late, and they are ill-suited to win on the road at Angel stadium. Marcum is likely to keep them in the game, but even if he does, the Angels should be able to pull it out. This is a low line for the Angels considering they have a decent starter going and Toronto's problems.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Good luck HG.

I am with you on the Nationals +130.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm also taking the over 9 -105 on the WSOX game

Wakefield has struggled against the White Sox, going 6-10 with a 5.43 ERA in 26 career appearances, including 17 starts. He has won his last two starts against Chicago, including an 8-5 home win on July 22, after dropping his previous six.

Buehrle is 4-3 with a 4.31 ERA in 10 career appearances -- nine starts -- against the Red Sox, but has not defeated them since Aug. 15, 2004 at Fenway Park.He is 0-3 with a 7.46 ERA in four starts against Boston since then, and the White Sox have lost each of those outings. Ortiz is 15-for-40 (.375) with two homers against him, while left fielder Manny Ramirez is 8-for-21 (.381) with three homers.

WestsidePete

Quote Originally Posted by Ganchrow HG View Post

WSox ML (+110), Over 9 (-105): Buehrle should keep the Sox in the game, Wakefield should return to his mediocre ways and the total is low considering the pitching involved, even though the Sox are weakish offensively.

Philly ML (-125): Philly is primed for a win, and Hensley is having real problems that don't appear to be solved at all yet, and that will be real trouble against Philly in this park. Even though Lohse is iffy himself, he's better than Hensley at this point, and at this line is worth going with.

Tampa Bay ML (-120), Over 8.5 (+105): Blanton should be vulnerable here, he's been having trouble when not getting a break from facing weak lineups or going in pitchers' parks. Kazmir should be ok, Oakland will test him a little but not too much, TB should be able to pull this one out and get over the low total.

Atlanta ML (-140): Stl is struggling offensively, Pujols may be slightly injured, and Tim Hudson is rolling, pitching solidly and consistently with low pitch counts. Atlanta's lineup against Pineiro should be able to score enough to get a solid lead.

Washington ML (+130), Over 10 (+100): Jimenez is good and Redding will be vulnerable, but Wash has a decent lineup and could easily score a lot in this one, this game could turn into a pinball game, going easily over, and giving Wash as good a chance to win as Colorado.

Texas ML (+115): Seattle has been a great bet this year, and they have a strong lineup and quality bullpen, but Ramirez has been awful his entire career in hitters' parks, so much so that that factor alone gives Texas value as a dog here IMO.

Angels ML (-130): Toronto is really just not getting done offensively at all of late, and they are ill-suited to win on the road at Angel stadium. Marcum is likely to keep them in the game, but even if he does, the Angels should be able to pull it out. This is a low line for the Angels considering they have a decent starter going and Toronto's problems.
    I like most of these...my plays today

WSOX OVER 9
    PHI ML -135
    ATL ML -140
    TEX ML +110
    NYY/DET 1ST 5 INNINGS UNDER 5 1/2 TOT RUNS. After finishing Friday's game at 3:30 in the morning, that has to throw off your timing at the start of the next game for the batters.

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Nice picks Ganch. Good luck sir.

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by WestsidePete View Post
    I like most of these...my plays today

WSOX OVER 9
    PHI ML -135
    ATL ML -140
    TEX ML +110
    NYY/DET 1ST 5 INNINGS UNDER 5 1/2 TOT RUNS. After finishing Friday's game at 3:30 in the morning, that has to throw off your timing at the start of the next game for the batters.
    Staying out at the nudie bars till 3:30 in the morning then stumbling back drunk to their room with a ho' on each arm doesn't throw off their timing, so why would a late game?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the ChiSox pick. I actually think the under is a better play there.

WestsidePete

they were ready to play the entire time during the delay...so basically in game mode for 8 hours straight including the delay and the game went extra innings...and todays starters didn't have to deal with any of that. Wang also is starting on 5 days rest...this year is 6-0 in 7 starts with ERA 3.13 on 5 days rest. Am I'm writing this sounds like NYY is a good play as well.

WestsidePete

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I like the ChiSox pick. I actually think the under is a better play there.
    WSOX bullpen is crap and Wakefield gives up runs to the WSOX... last time he started against them was an 8-5 win...
    I just don't see the game contained to 8 runs or less

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm with ya on the Nats and the Halo's, but I'm against you on the Braves and Tampa Bay.

BOL to you Mr.HG

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ganchrow HG View Post

always taking my picks, now who is jealous LOL