curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lots of smaller bets? Or, 1-2 big bets?

Hi Friends...

I subscribe to 2 pick services, one of them is LT's, LT and the other pick service make very different kinds of picks, so they aren't usually duplicates....

I also look for good picks in this forum, usually you can count on 3-4 solid picks a day here...

I also do my own handicapping. I like OVER/UNDER best, I also look for lopsided games or games where I look at the odds and say "WTF?".

I have been doing really well lately, but now it is becoming a burden dealing with all these picks. It isn't a burden getting the payouts from my book!!

So, my question to the experienced gamblers here is, is it better to make one or two large bets that you are absolutely sure about, or make a lot of smaller bets that you are pretty sure about? Or, does it matter really?

The problem I am having is information overload, and second guessing myself.

I hate not to make these plays though because the people I get picks from are so dead on usually, and my OVER/UNDER picks are usually dead on.

Anyway, I would appreciate feedback.

My opinion has always been, Value is Value, the number of bets do not matter as long as they are all value bets.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

If you have a bundle of dead on picks then play them all for the same straight bet amount that is comfortable with you all while limiting the fav plays as they eat too much profit.

STK likes to play very few games from what I know, along the lines of one.

trifectabx
    trifectabx's Avatar Become A Pro!

I always wager the same amount for each bets. My parlay is always 1.5 more than my straight bets. Most of all I try to limit my wager to a max of 5 to 6 at most.

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Personally, I like to take my chances and bet big on few games.

It has cost me alot since Sunday (on tilt) but for the week prior to that I was on the most profitable run in my gambling career, for every loser I bet I would hit three winners. Turned a modest bankroll into a big bankroll at Matchbook then returned more than half in a couple of days - I did withdraw a substantial amount as well.

Live by the sword!

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think I am going to start focusing on what I think are sure bets, and bet them big. This dying the death of the thousand cuts is too nerve racking.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    Hi Friends...

I subscribe to 2 pick services.
    Stop right there...

JAHgger4noz
    JAHgger4noz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by trifectabx View Post
    I always wager the same amount for each bets. My parlay is always 1.5 more than my straight bets. Most of all I try to limit my wager to a max of 5 to 6 at most.
    Agree with everything except the parlay, I usually wager slightly less on the parlay. 5-6 games per day is the most i definitely agree. Stay away from parlays. Only play them once in a while. Sure bets in baseball??? When there is over 150 games played in a year, thre's no such thing as sure...at least not consistently in the baseball calender year. You dont need to play everyday, by doing so, u'll have a roller coaster year.
    Information overload is a real problem in handicapping. Go with the few posters here that you "respect" and ignore the other ****ers. If your "respected" poster hasnt posted anything, then go solo with your handicapping. Keep it simple. Too many peoples opinion clouds your judgement, especially if u dont know how to put them aside.

The number of bets IS imporatnt. U can have runs where you're doing good but u cant sustain that long term. playing less causes less heartache. You're always going to like alot of games but like one poster here said, condense those games so that it goes from a huge bunch to the best 5 or 6 of the bunch! Value is over-rated. Spend less time here reading and posting senseless threads and spend more time capping. Dont get distracted, these type of forums can do that to u. Remember, it's a business. Would u chat more if u ran a business of your own. Good Luck

Robert Schroeder
    PARTY TIME
    Robert Schroeder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 224

Pick a dog and favorite and always stick with your gut. Second guessing makes you feel like you have three bets out there. Your sressing out to much get back in the dugout and compose yourself. I like to play my solids big/ and parlay my over unders. your always in the game with over unders anything can happen. although the Diamondbacks screwed me today with those bottom ninth meaningless runs. Still a winner with a Bedard huge bet.