mastercapper
    mastercapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

2 Plays for Monday

DevilRays + 105 Diamondbacks -130 Any thoughts or opinions????????

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I played MIL personally......Doug Davis is a soft tossing lefty who can be hit easily. Moreover, MIL hits lefties well and is desperate. Davis throws a ton of pitches as well. He could be done by the 6th inning. I know MIL sucks on the road but I got to give them a shot today.

I like the DRays as well...haven't decided yet on them.

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Too AZ; I wouldn't back the Brew Crew with JJGOLD's money.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

tampa yes...I took them as well...not playing MIL/AZ game

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

took tampa as well

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

the tampa over/under is 8 1/2 at my book...would you play the under on this?? At 9 I would say yes...not sure at 8 1/2 though...

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

DRays is a tossup IMO, there is a big thread on why already here. I took the under 9 in that one.

Disagree with Ari pretty significantly though, Gallardo has gotten hit but he is pretty good in general, could well bounce back here, and Milwaukee still has a good lineup even though they've been losing, I think they have value as a dog.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Played TB as well as houston tonight.

I watched Doug Davis here for quite some time in MIL. He's a decent pitcher, servicable, but is a very average pitcher at best. Doesn't throw hard, lot of off-speed stuff, mixes it up from time to time but the Brewers have a lineup that can and should hit him. The Brewers are facing quite a bit of adversity, this road trip will tell us a lot about them. In my opinion, getting + odds with the better pitcher is worth a shot.

Good luck to all....

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have Tampa Bay... I like Kazmir.

I have Tampa Bay / Boston UNDER 9. Tampa Bay is not scoring and Boston won't score very high against Kazmir.

I have Arizona ML. I was going to take Arizona team OVER but I don't want it at 6.

Milwaukee has the worst pitching staff in baseball the last 7 games and they are scoring 4 runs per game in the last 7 games.

Arizona is scoring runs in bushel baskets last 7 games.

Davis ERA last 3 games is 2.66

Gallardo's ERA last 3 games is over 11.00

Let's see. Arizona's 4th in major leagues in runs scored per game last 7 games hitters vs Milwaukee's 2nd to worst in pitching in the major leagues last 7 games pitching staff.

A 2.66 ERA pitcher last 3 games vs Milwaukee's 4 runs per game scored last 7 games.

My money is on Arizona and Davis.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

true....but Davis is not the better pitcher of the two. At best Doug Davis is a 4th or 5th starter who has recently pitched well. He does not have as good a stuff as Gallerdo. True, Gallerdo has struggled and the Brewers in general have struggled the past month or so but getting + odds with the better pitcher is too much to pass up for me. He got shelled the past few times out which has inflated his ERA tremendously. True, the numbers don't lie but the context in which one interprets them can. Gallardo has amazing stuff when he is on.......Keep in mind that Y. Gallardo has a WHIP of 1.365 while Davis has a WHIP of 1.569. Despite how great Davis has pitched and how poorly Gallardo has pitched, Gallardo has the better WHIP. Davis is a very average pitcher at best....

To me, it's worth a shot to take MIL tonight win or lose tonight.

Good luck....