Betpoints: 60

ant stats on meyer

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Quote Originally Posted by AC1318 View Post
    ant stats on meyer
    I will post a thread on his Minor league info.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

here are stats on meyer
    08/16/2007 3:30 PM ET
    Notes: Meyer to make A's debut
    Lefty acquired in 2004 trade that sent Hudson to the Braves
    By Matt Smith / MLB.com

Dan Meyer went 6-2 in the Minor Leagues this season with a 3.52 ERA in 20 starts. (Christian Petersen/Getty)
    Related Links

OAKLAND -- Though it was apparent when he said on Wednesday that Esteban Loaiza wouldn't be the A's starter on Friday in the opener of the Kansas City series, manager Bob Geren wasn't ready to officially name Dan Meyer the starter just yet.
    All signs pointed to the lefty -- he was said to be "considered for the spot," coupled with the fact that he threw a bullpen session prior to Wednesday's game.

Geren ended the speculation and made it official on Thursday, which means Meyer will be making his first career Major League start.

The former first-round pick of the Atlanta Braves pitched in two games, totaling two innings in 2004 with Atlanta.

He was the biggest name in the trade that sent former A's ace Tim Hudson to the Braves, but injuries slowed his ascent to the Major League level.

"My name's probably going to be attached to that for a long time," Meyer said of the trade. "To me, it's not that big of a deal."

He was 6-2 with a 3.40 ERA at Triple-A Sacramento this year with 93 strikeouts in 103 1/3 innings.

"He's shown continued improvement," Geren said. "We're happy he got here. I'm looking forward to it myself."

Meyer's last Minor League start came on Aug. 7 against Oklahoma, meaning he will have gone 10 days between starts, but he doesn't feel like that will affect him.

"I don't want to make any excuse," Meyer said. "I want to compete and not make any more of it than it is."

He has bounced back nicely from a shoulder injury that limited him to just a 3-3 mark and a 5.07 ERA last year with the Rivercats.

"He's gone through a lot," Geren said. "He's worked real hard and stayed real positive."

Meyer had surgery in July to remove a bone chip in his shoulder as he battled through various shoulder injuries throughout 2005 and 2006.

"It's been a long road for me after going through a lot," Meyer said. "I have been getting a lot of support from the guys, management and all the way up."