NCAA Men's Baseball 64 Team Tourney Is Set

Don't sleep on the Beasts of the East.
    UCONN Huskies.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/a...cket-announced

veriableodds
    validation not required
    veriableodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1933

I don't know about this one NASH . It's not even technically summer yet but way to keep top of things
    I get it its BASEBALL.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 338

Just watched the show. West coast not that involved

Campbell Camels got screwed.

Hey nash can you answer my question the mlb chatter thread?

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

^
    @Veriable

Wake is stacked.
    Vandy always has pitching, LSU is solid.

And yep, it's baseball, the only sport that really matters (to me anyway)

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Just watched the show. West coast not that involved

Hey nash can you answer my question the mlb chatter thread?
    Sure, let me locate it, be happy to.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

We watched the women's softball the last two weeks. Next week is world series.

Bama-Tennessee
    Oklahoma-Stanford
    Oklahoma St-Florida St
    Utah-Washington

I think it's going to be Oklahoma - Florida St in the final as they are the two more complete teams.

But I can't find any books that have odds to bet.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 180

Give us some plays nash

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Give us some plays nash
    Starts Friday, check back Thursday.

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7241

Indiana over West Virginia.

stevenash

^
    Hoosiers got game.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24843

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Starts Friday, check back Thursday.
    Who is the top prospect in this field?

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Who is the top prospect in this field?
    Lowder - Wake
    Dude has a filthy arsenal.

Dylan Crews, he's LSU's center fielder, amazing stick, flat out rakes.
    He was over .400 for the season when I watched him in the SEC tournament.
    Scouts say he'll be hitting .300 by his second year in the show.
    (But then again they said that about Billy Beane when the Mets drafted him, so you never know).
    But Crews has that hand to eye batting coordination that you're born with and just can't teach.

If you like baseball this tournament on paper anyway should be great, you got pitching and hitting on a college level that I've never seen before.

ChuckyTheGoat

Nashy, that's good info. If you're in action, Good Luck.

stevenash

^
    Thanks.
    You can get value in the earlier rounds, but as the NCAA tourney's play out, the chalkier the games get, generally speaking.

Wichita State, before everybody caught on to them years ago was one of those undervalued teams.
    That secret didn't keep long though.

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post

Connecticut got screwed too.
    14th ranked in the final coached poll, but not a top 16 seed?

Campbell is -135 Friday against NC State, that's a fair line IMO

stevenash

Three games I'm looking at for Friday

Campbell -155
    UCONN +120
    Indiana +120

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24890

Holy fukk... Wake has a 7.5 point run line. Are they playing tee ball in that regional?

stevenash

^
    WF is ridiculously stacked this year.
    I wouldn't fade that, but they're going to be juiced to the bejesus all tourney.

Eddy Munny

^
    WF is ridiculously stacked this year.
    I wouldn't fade that, but they're going to be juiced to the bejesus all tourney.
    And they're batting bottom, so they have to build an 8 point lead or better in just 8 innings of work.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

UCONN Huskies.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/a...cket-announced
    Nasher - SEC or ACC is winning this year. Small chance a B12 team. That is it.

stevenash

WF I have in a futures to win it all.

stevenash

Went 1-2 yesterday on my posted plays (2-2 for the day) as my beloved UConn Huskies dropped a heartbreaker to Texas Tech 3-2.

*Aside to Eddy*
    You think Wake had trouble covering that 7.5 run line as a home fave yesterday?

https://www.espn.com/college-basebal...meId/401551019

Eddy Munny

Went 1-2 yesterday on my posted plays (2-2 for the day) as my beloved UConn Huskies dropped a heartbreaker to Texas Tech 3-2.

*Aside to Eddy*
    You think Wake had trouble covering that 7.5 run line as a home fave yesterday?

https://www.espn.com/college-basebal...meId/401551019
    I never said they wouldn't cover it, I was only pointing out that it was an insanely high RL even for college baseball. It actually did come down a couple of runs to -5.5, I'm not exactly sure where it closed. FWIW I also have a little scratch on WF to win the chip. I don't know a ton about college bases, but their ERA is the best by a good margin and they're formidable enough on offense, even if others are more potent on paper.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    I never said they wouldn't cover it, I was only pointing out that it was an insanely high RL even for college baseball. It actually did come down a couple of runs to -5.5, I'm not exactly sure where it closed. FWIW I also have a little scratch on WF to win the chip. I don't know a ton about college bases, but their ERA is the best by a good margin and they're formidable enough on offense, even if others are more potent on paper.
    I knew what you were saying, don't get me wrong, I wasn't criticizing at all.

I love my baseball.
    I've been involved in baseball in just about every aspect since eight years old.
    Where I live, Fairfield Connecticut Little League teams have made several very deep runs in the LLWS.
    UConn is notorious for basketball, and rightfully so, but their baseball teams are also notorious 'Beasts of the East', and there are a lot of Connecticut HS grads that went to college elsewhere are in the show.

Charlie Morton pitched for Redding Ct. HS.
    George Springer is from here, All American OF for UConn.
    Matt Barnes won a ring for the Red Sox coming out of the bullpen, he was instrumental in that WS, he pitched for UConn as well.

Charles Nagy, the now retired Cleveland starter is from here, catcher Brad Ausmus...
    You get the gist.

Connecticut's baseball history would no be complete without a shoutout to Stamford's very own, the infamous Bobby Valentine.

Matt Harvey was a Connecticut phenom, a million dollar arm, talent on loan from God, with a two cent brain.
    He's born and raised in New London Ct. literally right next door to the Coast Guard Academy, I think his Harvey's old man worked on the submarines here, but I digress.

As a junior in HS Harvey's fastball was hitting the mid 90's on the 'slow gun'
    He was must see live even as a HS junior, so a group of us baseball junkies would head up I-95 to watch him pitch.
    Unbelievable, scouts from all over, it was an event.

He was leaning UConn all along, last second Harvey decided to go to North Carolina on a full ride.
    Some of us still haven't forgiven him for that.

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 362

How many innings do pitchers pitch avg

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 338

Quote Originally Posted by stackz125 View Post
    How many innings do pitchers pitch avg
    They will pull these guys fast especially today and tomorrow

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

UCONN Huskies.
    Florida Gators send UConn fishing.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Florida Gators send UConn fishing.
    Here's the problem with Northeast regional baseball.
    a) Of the six New England states, Ct. RI, Mass. NH, Vt, and Maine, Maine is the largest.
    The states are just too small to compete with the Fla's, the Texas's, the ASU's and AZ's, UCLA, and USC's...

b) Which brings me to my other point, New England gets snow, lots of it, from October through March.
    We don't have the outdoor resources to ply year round. We're lucky to get seven months a year.
    Florida gets ten months a year, Arizona gets twelve months, and the southern California schools too.

So there's a double whammy going on here for baseball in the Northeast region.
    We're small in terms of population, and we have too much inclimate weather,so we can't workout like the big boys do.

My home town, Fairfield Ct. our LL kids were always in the semi finals or finals of the regionals.
    We would beat the Mass kids, then we usually handled the NY and NJ twelve year olds too.

We would always ultimately lose to kids from Texas, Florida, Arizona, or California in the nationals.

That's why we lost Matt Harvey, NC's program is huge, and better facilities because better climate.

Hey, considering the size of UConn compared to Florida etc. it's amazing how the Huskies are usually top ranked in the region, and top 20 ranked nationally.

No shame in UConn, 13th ranked in the nation, losing and getting bounced by the #2 seed Florida Gators.

Girls all want to play for Geno, and the boys all wanted to play for Mr. Calhoun back in the day in hoops, but if you have baseball talent, and aren't local to get the scholarship benefits of playing in state, you're not staying win a cold weather, tiny region.
    See for yourself, go back 55 years and look at the NCAA national baseball champions '
    Since 1967, 55 years, 53 champions were from large schools, that enjoy season long warm weather climates.
    53 of the 55 are from the deep south, the south west, Texas/Rice, the desert states, Arizona, and the the large So Cal warm regions, USC, UCLA, Cal St. Fullerton, Pepperdine.

The two in 55 years that won from the cold climate were Oregon State, and Wichita State.

The corn belt states like Kansas, and Nebraska that have talent are attracted to Wichita State, that's due to their superior coaching staffs, well up until Gene Stephenson got fired, railroaded is the better word on ticky tack NCAA rules violations .
    Stephenson coached 36 years for Wichita State, made the NCAA tournament 28 season out of his 36 years.
    Baseball kids wanted to play for Stephenson, especially if you are from the midwest, just like women HS basketball talent want to play for Geno.

Nobody is beating Wake this year anyway.
    WF is the new NCAA baseball boss,just like South Carolina is the women's basketball boss.

The good northeast teams aren't beating WF, the good Big Ten schools too, the schools that can beat WF, if there is one is coming out of Fla, the southwest, or Cali.

ChuckyTheGoat

Good writeup, Nash.

The line in the GeoMas/Wake game today was laughable. You really don't see -2000 Favs. Tells me Wake must be loaded?

Wake onto Super-Regionals. How many PROS does Wake have on their roster?

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Good writeup, Nash.

Wake onto Super-Regionals. How many PROS does Wake have on their roster?
    Thank you for those words.

I take great pride in my super geekness and over the top nerdiness and custom created via excel Wake Forest's pitching staff this season.

These pitching metrics are eyepopping.

The four regular rotation starters have a combined won/loss record of 36-5.
    The Deacons overall were 50 and 10, Wake's front for starters have accounted for 72 percent of the teams victories.
    This pitching staff is the scariest D1 baseball staff I've seen, and I thought that Vandy staff from four/five years ago led by Rocker was the scariest staff I've ever seen, until now.

Lowder, the ace, is a perfect 14-0. 1.77 ERA, a WHIP ratip of 0.94, strikes out ratio of over 11 K's per nine innings pitcjed, a k/BB ratio of an ungodly 6.25:1 ...
    Lowder iw to NCAA baseball as Jokic is to NBa basketball.

Now the bad news, he'll be the overall first pitcher selected in the first round of the draft, and will be wasting away hurling for the Las Vegas Athletics .

WF's number two starter, Josh Hartle, will more than likely be a first round draft selection as well, probably going between 8th and 14th overall.

The #3 man in the rotation, Sean Sullivan should go between the third and fourth round, and the lights out closer Cam Minacci probably will got fourth round.

The team won 50 games, Cam 'only recorded twelve saves.
    You can't earn a save when you team is leading by eight runs in the ninth inning.

Take a close look at these pitching metrics, especially the WHIP ratios and the mind boggling K rates.

I'll say this for the 1000th time, pitching wins, always has, and always will, with a few exceptions to that rule along the way,.

Mother f**ker!
    I spent a good part of an hour crafting an excel spread sheet focusing on Wake's pitching.
    I go to poart ir, the data is too large, won't post properly.

Here the next best thing, click on this link,.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...gi?id=4c06ab13

ChuckyTheGoat

Thank you, Nashy. I love looking at Pitcher stats. Wow, they are going to be tough to beat.

That line against Geo Mason has to be the biggest Baseball line I've ever seen. You just don't see -2000 in baseball. Even MLB vs AAA, that's not -2000.

stevenash

I've been involved with baseball my entire life, I think I'm qualified to say this Wake Forest team is the best NCAA team I've ever seen, and I've seen thousands of games.

I'm watching this 'Bama / WF Super Regional right now.
    Holy mother of God.

Though 2 1/2 inning so far...
    WF has hit SIX taters, all six of the HR's were launched.
    The kid Wilken hit a titanic shot in the first, then in the third hit a ball so hard I think it's still orbiting Neptune.

Ten runs in their first three innings, six taters.
    Get this, of the six HR's, four of them came off of two strike pitch counts.
    That's mind boggling.

When you consider WF pitching staff is the best NCAAA staff ever assembled it's almost criminal how scary great this team is.

If one is a baseball fan and not paying attention to what WF is doing this year, i say this.
    "What's wrong with you"?

This is not hyperbole.
    WF is not just a generational great team, they are the greatest NCAA baseball team, ever.

https://www.espn.com/college-basebal...meId/401552635

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

Ok thanks for the info I’ll watch this Wake Forest team

stevenash

Two team chalk money line parlay today.

Wake Forest & LSU

100>78

Keep an eye on Oral Roberts tomorrow.
    ORU are a very legit Cinderella story.

ChuckyTheGoat

Two team chalk money line parlay today.

Wake Forest & LSU

100>78

Keep an eye on Oral Roberts tomorrow.
    ORU are a very legit Cinderella story.
    I'm assuming that Wake/LSU throw their Aces today. From what I've seen, they'll be tough to beat.

My instinct is that the Oral Roberts run is coming to an end. They've beaten some good teams, but I think their pitching might run out.

stevenash

^
    Holy shit!

WF went from -320 to -400 in twenty minutes.

12 Last