JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

Daily baseball bettors-do you keep records?

At the start of the bases season I began tracking all my action on Wagerline.com, to try to gain some insight at where I'm weakest.

I currently use four different books and this just seemed the easiest way to keep track of my daily play vs. entering #'s into a Excell spread sheet.. I place my wagers for the day, then log in to wagerline and put in what I took. It takes less than a minute.

It tracks my O/U's, ATS and overall plays. Also breaks them down into %'s for me. I can see how I've done month by month.....with just a couple mouse clicks. The only drawback is they don't let me enter the amount of money I'm actually betting.

Do any other posters use Wagerline or any tracking service. Has anyone designed an Excell sheet?

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Quote Originally Posted by JBC77 View Post
    At the start of the bases season I began tracking all my action on Wagerline.com, to try to gain some insight at where I'm weakest.

I currently use four different books and this just seemed the easiest way to keep track of my daily play vs. entering #'s into a Excell spread sheet.. I place my wagers for the day, then log in to wagerline and put in what I took. It takes less than a minute.

It tracks my O/U's, ATS and overall plays. Also breaks them down into %'s for me. I can see how I've done month by month.....with just a couple mouse clicks. The only drawback is they don't let me enter the amount of money I'm actually betting.

Do any other posters use Wagerline or any tracking service. Has anyone designed an Excell sheet?
    Not me my friend. As you know, I am not that good and most of my picks lose anyway. Ganch may have something that tracks picks.

rolemand
    rolemand's Avatar Become A Pro!

I use a spreadsheet. Doesn't take much long using a spreadsheet and you can have columns for any # of things you'd like to track.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes of course, record keeping is essential. I have a whole array of spreadsheets I have made.

It is true that making them can be an annoying process. Making changes, figuring out what to put where. And if they are all connected, inevitably a mistake will pop up, in which case it can be a huge pain in the ass to go back and see where you missed something in designing the whole shebang. So there's no doubt that in the beginning it's a pain in the ass.

But in the end, it's great, and of course essential. Now, I have huge spreadsheets I can use over and over again by copying them, and they're there all the time, I don't even have to think about it. Of course, anything I want to add is another small pain, but without question it's worth it. I just enter my picks, socres, odds, etc etc, and the spreadsheet updates a whole mass on info. It's essential, and ultimately not too hard to do and pretty fun to make.

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Quote Originally Posted by Ganchrow HG View Post
    Yes of course, record keeping is essential. I have a whole array of spreadsheets I have made.

It is true that making them can be an annoying process. Making changes, figuring out what to put where. And if they are all connected, inevitably a mistake will pop up, in which case it can be a huge pain in the ass to go back and see where you missed something in designing the whole shebang. So there's no doubt that in the beginning it's a pain in the ass.

But in the end, it's great, and of course essential. Now, I have huge spreadsheets I can use over and over again by copying them, and they're there all the time, I don't even have to think about it. Of course, anything I want to add is another small pain, but without question it's worth it. I just enter my picks, socres, odds, etc etc, and the spreadsheet updates a whole mass on info. It's essential, and ultimately not too hard to do and pretty fun to make.
    Ganch - Are you going to throw some scraps to us dogs today?

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

get a life bateman

bradleysnyder
    bradleysnyder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

Ha.

Hard To Keep Track

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MJFtheGenius View Post
    get a life bateman
    Gimme a break MJF, you are just J-E-A-L-O-U-S.

I have a bunch of mild leans, nothing I like too solidly as yet except one, and I shall present it to you right now:

Colorado

I'm mostly on the ML, the RL is a debatable issue. High volatility adds value to the RL, but the Cubs' pen and Coors take away value from the RL. I'll be mostly on the ML, and then probably a little on the RL, and then a little on a parlay with the over.

MJF, this is for you, too, feel free to play it. Good to see you back.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

I like the rockies too but the Cubs are due to win, so I am staying away

AJ
    AJ's Avatar Become A Pro!

i use a spreadsheet that i made... didn't take too long... here are my colums... date, play, risk amount, possible win amount, win or loss, then the amount i won/lost... it totals everything for me and then i have a total for the book, so i know what i owe or am owed... i can emial it anyone who wants a copy. just let me know...

AJ
    Last edited by AJ; 08-10-07 at 08:46 PM.