tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

BONDSWATCH - 8th August 2007

I was going to stop the ever-popular Bondswatch feature but after getting PMs from BGD every couple of hours begging me to bring it back, I decided it was better for me to keep it running. So here goes, the Home Run King sets yet another home run record. Is there no end to this man's talents?

In his first at-bat since setting Major League Baseball's all-time homer mark Tuesday night, Giants slugger Barry Bonds one-upped himself Wednesday and began to create some distance from Hank Aaron.

Bonds hit his 757th homer, a two-run shot and 23rd of the season, into McCovey Cove. The 438-foot "Splash Hit" over the right-field fence wall off Nationals right-hander Tim Redding was his 35th to reach the cove since AT&T Park opened in 2000 and second of the season. The Giants have hit 45 to the water as a team.

Redding was the 447th pitcher to allow at least one homer to Bonds in his 22-year career, the last 15 with the Giants.

It was the first time Bonds has hit homers in successive at-bats since April 13 at Pittsburgh, during his first of two two-homer games this season. He now has three homers in his last four starts, dating back to Saturday night's record-tying shot in San Diego. Through the first inning Wednesday, he had pounded out four consecutive hits -- a double, single and the two homers -- over the course of the last two games.

Bonds eclipsed Aaron's 33-year record of 755 in the fifth inning Tuesday night with his 435-foot homer into the bleachers just right of dead center off Washington left-hander Mike Bacsik.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yep, As per my request Taco I thank you from the bottom of my heart.