rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

4 Wednesday plays

1-0, +2.00 Tuesday.

1* Blue Jays +107: Halladay dogged at home? I can't remember the last time that happened. The Yankees' offense has been on fire for the better part of the last month, but Halladay's one of the few pitcher's to shut them down of late, throwing a 7 IP, 5 H, 1 R gem against New York back on July 17. Halladay's had success against NYY in his career (9-4, 3.01, 1.20), and despite how good Wang's been this season, I can't pass up Toronto at home with Halladay at + money. The Jays are very tough at Rogers Centre, and I think they avoid the sweep and cool off the Yanks tomorrow night.

1* Brewers +107: Gallardo's been even better than expected thus far in his brief career, while Francis hasn't been as effective at Coors as in previous year's. Gallardo dominated the Rocks pitching out of the pen last month, while Francis has been hit hard in his career against the Brew Crew, who destroy LHP.

1* Red Sox -116: Jon Lester hasn't been anything special in his three starts thus far, but he's slowly building up his arm strength. In his last outing against the M's, Lester was consistently throwing 94 for the first time since before he was diagnosed with cancer. Dustin Moseley has a 5.81 ERA in 6 career starts, and being that he's been a reliever most of this season and isn't fully stretched out, he's unlikely to pitch deep in the game even if he's effective. The BoSox have yet to use Paps, Okajima and Gagne this series, and with an off-day Thursday and the Yanks quickly gaining ground in the division, all will be available for an extended period as the Sox look to avoid the sweep.

1* Phillies Team Total OVER 5.5 -105: The Phils are averaging 7.6 runs/game in their last 10 home games. Dontrelle Willis has pitched better in his last three starts, but that was against three of the worst offenses in the NL - HOU, SF, ARZ. His strikeouts are way down this year, and he's given up way too many fly balls, a recipe for disaster pitching in Citizens Bank, even against a Philly lineup that will be without Utley.

JAHgger4noz
    JAHgger4noz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dam, I like those first 2. Took them at the earliest possible last night, thinking the Toronto line MAY come down...instead i see it going up.
    Not a good start for the Brew being down 1-0 in the 2nd...

GL rjt, hope u go 2-0 for the first 2...
    aaaaah mine as well go 2-0 for the last 2 as well, why not!

For a split second i really thought that last one was Game Total Over 5.5 -105. I was ready to pull out a major bank loan...but then I came to my senses and re-read it.....multiple times
    Last edited by JAHgger4noz; 08-08-07 at 02:41 PM.

Sundram
    Sundram's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Thanks for these calls, RJT. Your picks beat all these guys, in my view.
    Sundram

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Quote Originally Posted by Sundram View Post
    Thanks for these calls, RJT. Your picks beat all these guys, in my view.
    Sundram
    One of the best here at SBR. Always seems to pick winners.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Weak card Thursday. Only have one play today:

2* Orioles Team Total OVER 5 -105: Horacio Ramirez has been atrocious away from Safeco. He's 0-3 with a 13.72 ERA, 2.70 WHIP and .439 BAA on the road this season, and he's given up fewer than 6 runs once in his 5 road starts - a 2 IP, 3 R performance against Tampa on May 24 in which he departed early due to injury. He was also hammered in his last outing against Boston, lasting only 4 innings, while allowing 10 H and 4 R. I don't envision Ramirez's struggles coming to an end tomorrow pitching at hitter-friendly Camden Yards against a Baltimore offense that, naturally, hits better at home.

Good luck everyone.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    Thanks for the kind words guys.

Weak card Thursday. Only have one play today:

2* Orioles Team Total OVER 5 -105: Horacio Ramirez has been atrocious away from Safeco. He's 0-3 with a 13.72 ERA, 2.70 WHIP and .439 BAA on the road this season, and he's given up fewer than 6 runs once in his 5 road starts - a 2 IP, 3 R performance against Tampa on May 24 in which he departed early due to injury. He was also hammered in his last outing against Boston, lasting only 4 innings, while allowing 10 H and 4 R. I don't envision Ramirez's struggles coming to an end tomorrow pitching at hitter-friendly Camden Yards against a Baltimore offense that, naturally, hits better at home.

Good luck everyone.
    rjt,

I'm tailing you on the O's team over.

To trot out the old Raiders mantra...Let's just win, baby!