BigPapi
    BigPapi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Texas Rangers are just brutally bad

I live in Dallas and I've only watched some and not enough to be "long term" and not just a trend. That said, Texas Rangers are a bad team. That shocks no one.

What I have noticed is they are HORRIFIC defensively. They made 3 horrendous defensive plays that cost them the game tonight. I was watching cause I bet on them. The official scorer is such a homer he did not rule 2 of these errors which is beyond laughable.

1) Rangers shortstop made the worst defensive play I have ever seen in the majors. A soft liner not hit that hard and right at hit and he got out of the way of it and tried to OLE it from the side and it went past him. Bottom 6. ESPN has it Abreu singled to shallow left center. Ball was not hit hard and Rangers shortstop made a play little league shortstops wouldnt do, he was afraid of the ball. It was beyond pathetic.

2) Moncada reached on infield single to third bottom 8. Didnt effect the game but it was a terrible error by 3rd baseman. Embarrasing and yet scored a hit.

3) bottom 9 on the game ending play Rangers RF was inexplicably shallow ( there were 2 out) and a ball that should have been caught got over his head to end the game.

Noticed some horrific defense earlier with this team I think it was 2nd game of season. I dont watch them that much.

I have never seen a play like 1) with the SS being afraid of the ball in my life watching MLB. A little league shortstop wouldnt do that. There are some little league players afraid of the ball, but they dont play SS

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153480

they've been in Texas since '72 and have only won the pennant twice, they're right up there with the other worst franchises in professional sports

Jowframs
    Jowframs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6645

The owner needs to go

beantown34
    beantown34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3348

i had them +2.5 -198

figured it was good value with gibson on the mound. wont do it too often however they do suck

BigPapi
    BigPapi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

The game ending play was idiotic defense, way too shallow in RF but it was clearly a hit. He just couldnt get to it. The error by the 3rd baseman was appalling and terrible didn't effect the game, but this is a brutally bad defensive team.

Ive heard official scorers have become "very lenient" with scoring for the home town team, so that error by Texas 3b scored a hit the 3B is glad because he isnt shown up and the batter is glad because it helps his batting average but that was 100/100 an obvious error.

The play by the Texas SS where he got out of the way of a soft liner hit at him and tried to sideswipe it with his glove ( it short hopped) completely missed and it went by him is the worst defensive play I have ever seen in MLB.

Bets lose we move on, just noticable this Rangers team defense is genuinely a liability

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post
    they've been in Texas since '72 and have only won the pennant twice, they're right up there with the other worst franchises in professional sports
    This is a great and hilarious read about them in the 73-75 seasons

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...easons_in_Hell
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Orbison