Had a 2-1 night on Friday but was -2.64 units, I think. Went with a big banger on the Phillies and lost it. Oh well.

Today, I got nothing. Nothing made it through my filters today but I do have some thoughts.

AL Central (specifically CLV-MINN): It is starting to look like no one wants this division. If I had a dark horse right now to win the AL Central, it would be the Twins. Indians can't hit anymore; Detroit is tailspinning fast. The Twins have the pitching staff to be a decent playoff adversary but can they hit? I'd be leery of the Indians today even though Carmona seems to be their best arm right now.

LAA-OAK: I had a lean on Oakland with Haren today. I would still play Oakland if I had to. However, Lackey is really intriguing to me. He's had some real decent starts on the road and, if I'm Scoscia and I want to break a 2 game losing streak to split a series against a division rival, I hand the ball to Lackey. I think this game will be real intense with both sides wanting to take this one. I think both sides will pull out all the stops to win today.

BALT-TB: I don't see how you can play against Bedard right now. The only way to play this game is the O's.

HOU-FLA: The Fish seem the way to play this game. Recent extra inning games seem to have depleted an already less than stellar Houston bullpen. If Albers gets hit today, Scrap Iron may leave him in there for awhile to take his lumps. The Marlins aren't scoring of late like they did earlier this season but I'd be willing to say the Marlins have a chance at double digit runs today. Olsen just scares the living crap out of me.

Just some thoughts. No plays today. Good luck to everyone.

E