imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

C.C Sabathia +130 (FRIDAY)

Any thoughts on this one?

Have a feeling I'll be alone on this one..

Santana is not automatic and it wouldn't be a shock if him and Sabathia pitched comparably would it?

+130 seems fair..

Any thoughtS?

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I don't know, it doesn't really have anything to do w/ baseball, but the bridge incident worries me in this game. I think the Twins, especially with their ace on the hill, will come out even more motivated to win the game, and I think the crowd will also be more energetic than usual. Sabathia hasn't been particularly sharp of late, and Cleveland's not playng great ball at the moment. I won't be playing this one, but I think the Twins are the right side.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think this is one where the disruptions and alterations to routine will have an adverse effect on the performance of Minnesota. I think neither pitcher is really on top of their games at the this point in the season and I look for an easy mark with the OVER which also has me leaning Cleveland with the better price.

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

I had my eye on this last night but decided not to play. It seems like a coin flip to me. Game like this could come down to a fielding error or a single mistake by either pitcher.

If you crunch the #'s from the past 3 starts C.C has actually been the better of the 2 starters.

If it gets pushed up to +140 I will pick it up. Hopefully the public jumps on Santana....maybe a few minutes before game time is the way to play this one.

JBC77

Past 3 starts data:

Sabathia (L): 1-2, 20 2/3 IP's, 2.18 ERA

Santana (L): 0-2, 20 IP's, 4.95 ERA

imgv94

Quote Originally Posted by JBC77 View Post
    I had my eye on this last night but decided not to play. It seems like a coin flip to me. Game like this could come down to a fielding error or a single mistake by either pitcher.

If you crunch the #'s from the past 3 starts C.C has actually been the better of the 2 starters.

If it gets pushed up to +140 I will pick it up. Hopefully the public jumps on Santana....maybe a few minutes before game time is the way to play this one.
    If it's a coin flip then why not take +130.. Down to +120 down actually but still..

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

You are NOT alone img, although I only got +124.

mastercapper
    mastercapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

IF anyone bets against Santana at home , then they are a fool. On this play its either take the chalk and the risk or completely stay out of it. And yes, the bridge will have an impact this evening.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great price for Sabathia. I saw this too last night and am still wavering on whether or not to take it. It's either Tribe or nothing in this one for me.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by mastercapper View Post
    IF anyone bets against Santana at home , then they are a fool.
    HUH?

Santana has been one of the biggest money-burning home pitchers in baseball this season. He is just 4-5 at home, and the five losses have been at -215, -224, -184, -415 and -183!

He is also 1-3 in his last four starts vs. Cleveland, including that loss at -224 here earlier this year.

mastercapper

Well then i guess you will just have to watch Santana shut the Tribe down tonight and probably throw 7 or 8 innings scattering 4 or 5 hits. The bridge will affect the spirit of the Twins also. You wait and see!!!!!!!!!!

LT Profits

Capper,

It's fine if you believe that, but to say that anyone that bets the Tribe tonight is a fool is, well, foolish.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm taking the over in CLE/MINN game...it's only 7.

EaglesPhan36

I like that over and the comments about the bridge affecting how the Twins play is stupid in my opinion. If it takes people dying for you to play well, you suck.

mastercapper

It doesnt "take" people dying for them to play good. But after something like that happens, it does affect the players immensely. Thats a no-brainer!!!

EaglesPhan36

Again ... what's the thinking ... my God, that could have been me in the river, so I think I'll go hit 5 HRs or I'm gonna throw a no-no? Not to be too crass, but 9-11 didn't help the Yankees win the World Series and regardless of what happens tonight, this bridge collapse has nothing to do with a win or a loss.

mastercapper

Well then u watch the game and we'll discuss it later. I think you're gonna see my logic after u watch the game.Then we'll see if you think the bridge affected the Twins at home tonight with Santana on the hill. Later

EaglesPhan36

As if Santana isn't capable of a gem without this theory?

imgv94

Indians backers let's get this one home..

JBC77

Man I should have f!@#ing played it. Congrats gentlemen. I took chalky a$$ Toronto.

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Well then u watch the game and we'll discuss it later. I think you're gonna see my logic after u watch the game.Then we'll see if you think the bridge affected the Twins at home tonight with Santana on the hill. Later
    I feel like a real fool betting Cleveland tonight. What was I thinking

EaglesPhan36

I'm still trying to cash the over. Gotta push at 7. Would be a nice cap to the evening to get it here on a meaningless run!

imgv94

Sure hope we do..

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Good hit guys.

imgv94

Not trying to toot my own horn here, but some people have asked for a record from me.

I searched through all the lean posts I have posted and my record is 15-6 +8.89 Units (1 unit per wager)..

So a bad streak is definitely coming for me..

PatrickSports
    PatrickSports's Avatar Become A Pro!

As I read this thread and watched this game trying to learn something, I couldnt help but feel like it either had a neutral or a negative effect on Minny and a neutral or a positive effect on Cleveland. Think about the Minny players, every guy knew somebody that was adversely affected by the bridge thing. Their only hope was for Santana to "stand on his head" and be nearly perfect for the people. The rest of the team had to be shaken up, at least disorganize. If Minny were to rise to the occasion after such an event and to make it a cause to rally around then that would have to be after a few days, after the death count was in, the memorial services were done with, and this thing was put to bed. But in hindsight, Cleveland was a lock with all this chaos so soon after the event.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have a feeling someone won't be around later to discuss this with the rest of us "fools". Santana simply does not have a lot of confidence in his changeup right now and that must be a result of something being physically wrong with his body. He'd probably be better off skipping a start but Minnesota can't really afford to fall into a funk at this point. The OVER didn't come in for us, but the Cleveland selection was really the only choice given the price. Call us fools!

LT Profits

You guys are all fools!

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    You guys are all fools!
    Plus I am a Benny so I have two strikes working against me.

imgv94

Well then i guess you will just have to watch Santana shut the Tribe down tonight and probably throw 7 or 8 innings scattering 4 or 5 hits. The bridge will affect the spirit of the Twins also. You wait and see!!!!!!!!!!

mastercapper

It was a fluke game!!!!!! Come on now

mastercapper

I still went 2-1 last night. I didnt even play on the Twins game, i just expressed my opinion. Nobodys perfect!!!!!

imgv94

mastercapper

6 replies and you haven't even made one correct comment in this entire thread.

To top it off, you then claim you didn't even bet the Twins.

mastercapper

Well then i guess you and a few others should have bet everything including the shirt off your back on the Indians last night. Nobody knows for sure, they are all professionals. And just for the record i had my 3 picks posted and the Twins were not in them. Have a nice day .

LT Profits

Capper,

The only reason you are being taken to task so much is because of your "only a fool bets against Santana at home" comment. No one, especially a rookie like you, can say something stupid like that and not expect to be called out by the many great cappers in this forum.

I hope you learned your lesson.

12 Last