Jake paul 1
    Jake paul 1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1698

The Chicago White Sox will dominate the American League the next 5-7 years...

Robert living up the hype, he just might be the leagues next superstar. Moncada, Eloy & Tim Anderson under contract for at least the next 4 years. They will have money to spend in the offseason. Giolito, cease, & Kopech will be back next season. This team is impressive boys and I would not be shocked if they made a very deep run this season.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

def an up and coming team. good nucleus.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

we shall see

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Said no one ever

Jake paul 1

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Said no one ever

They were the most bet team to win it all in Vegas when the 60 game season was announced. Lol.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Quote Originally Posted by Jake paul 1 View Post
    They were the most bet team to win it all in Vegas when the 60 game season was announced. Lol.
    I have them to win the world series

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Lots of talent

They called the midget madrigal to too.

We will see who pans out

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Thanks bad guy

Jake paul 1

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Lots of talent

They called the midget madrigal to too.

We will see who pans out

Madrigal reminds me of Pedroia.
    They also still have Andrew Vaughn waiting in the wings. Team is going to special.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

I wouldn't trust Kenny Williams or Rick Hahn to run a coat check, let alone bet on these clowns for a pennant.

They've got a nice group of youngsters, but they'll screw it up.

Reminds me of those KC teams a decade ago. We all thought a 5 year run was coming, but it was a 2 year run. They got a WS thou... don't see ChiSox grinding thru the Twins (young) and Cleveland (always hovering) in their own division the next 2-3 years, let alone the big spenders on the coasts.

ChiSox will get stuck having to choose who gets the massive deals by 2023 and that's when these types of teams always seem to break up via trades, bad deals, regressions, etc.

They're just a 80-85 win team with a lot of potential for the next couple years.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 992

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    I wouldn't trust Kenny Williams or Rick Hahn to run a coat check, let alone bet on these clowns for a pennant.

Reminds me of those KC teams a decade ago. We all thought a 5 year run was coming, but it was a 2 year run. They got a WS thou... don't see ChiSox grinding thru the Twins (young) and Cleveland (always hovering) in their own division the next 2-3 years, let alone the big spenders on the coasts.

ChiSox will get stuck having to choose who gets the massive deals by 2023 and that's when these types of teams always seem to break up via trades, bad deals, regressions, etc.

They're just a 80-85 win team with a lot of potential for the next couple years.
    Can’t believe those KC teams were almost a decade ago. Wow.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Royals are pretty bad. No pitching at all

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47642

Quote Originally Posted by Jake paul 1 View Post
    So were the Bears last year and Trubisky to win MVP

GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15169

You realize the Yankees play in the AL too right?

stake1

Yankees are the best team in the American league. Not even close

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Sox signed a lot of their young guys to extensions already. The additionally the thinking is Reinsdorf at 84 will open up the wallet to get another ring before he dies

BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Wishful thinking, think U R wrong. Cubs on a huge decline, and when out of town fans stop showing up, Wrigley & Ricketts Will Be Crying. You're a fukin clown.
    Last edited by BOA12; 08-03-20 at 09:34 AM.

BOA12

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    So were the Bears last year and Trubisky to win MVP
    Even I knew they would suck in 2019. Many say the wrong team left Chicago, I may agree, finally. Go Cards.

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25474

As a Whitesox fan, it pains to me to say that Minny nailed it here.

stake1

Also, they are not dominating anything with Rick Renteria. He sucks as a manager

stake1

Let's get everything in the "right light". Whitesox lost 2 of 3 at home against the "cream of the central" Minnesota. Minnesota outscored them 27-17 in winning that series. Then they lose 2 of 3 at Cleveland, where their pitching shutdown their lineup. They pound Kc, and now they are better than the Bombers?

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    Yankees are the best team in the American league. Not even close
    Jesus Christ , they should , with a Quarter Billion dollar payroll.
    They are nearly twice the White Sox payroll , Championship is nice , so is ROI .

BOA12

Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    As a Whitesox fan, it pains to me to say that Minny nailed it here.
    Williams & Hahn on a tight leash. Glad U R A Sox Fan. Converted from Cubs 2 Sox 1970. Greatest move I ever made.

stake1

Quote Originally Posted by Slipknot26 View Post
    They are nearly twice the White Sox payroll , Championship is nice , so is ROI .
    Judge is home grown. He single handedly beat Boston last night. They have other young players that are key pieces. Sure they overpaid for Cole, overpaid Paxton (free agent next year though), and took the Stanton monster contract, but guys like Voit and Urshela are solid and do not make much comparatively

BOA12

Also, they are not dominating anything with Rick Renteria. He sucks as a manager
    Got 2 have the horses 2 win the race. Any Manager worth +/- 5 games? at most.

BOA12

Winning at any cost, costly.

stake1

Quote Originally Posted by BOA12 View Post
    When those 5 games happen in October? Not good. Plenty of managers can have their team's talent get them to October. The list is long of adequate managers for 162, that were terrible in October

BOA12

When those 5 games happen in October? Not good. Plenty of managers can have their team's talent get them to October. The list is long of adequate managers for 162, that were terrible in October
    I agree. Manager not hitting, pitching or fielding. If any team makes it 2 October, think the manager will foul up then? I think not. Many claim Leo thru the '69 season, into bookies way deep. Sounds right to me, witnessed the huge meltdown. Went to 30 games that year, Cubs didn't draw at all in'69. Lived so close to Wrigley, walked there.

Nitrogen
    Chasing
    Nitrogen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 401

ROI? LOL.

The Marlins duped the league into propping them up and were the most successful team (ROI) for many years consecutive. I await the parade.

MinnesotaFats

Wishful thinking, think U R wrong. Cubs on a huge decline, and when out of town fans stop showing up, Wrigley & Ricketts Will Be Crying. You're a fukin clown.
    The Cubs are in a decline?

They're winning their division this year and probably top 3 seed.

They missed last years playoffs by losing something like 50 games by 1 run...a record.

I'm not sure what baseball you're watching but Cubs aren't going to be sub .500 for a long time, that's all you need in NL Central.

MinnesotaFats

I thought about this a lot. I think, back in the conventional baseball days, a MGR who was more than -1.5 from the pathygreon standard deviation would be canned for sure. But today the front office dictates the managers choices, from shifts, to defensive players/ offensive subs/ starting pitching/ long relief.

Really, and perhaps unfairly, a manager is probably worth 3-5 games in today's baseball.

Hell, Ross pulled Lester in the 5th the other day w a no hitter lol. Go figure....pen gave up 5 runs

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

The Cubs are in a decline?

They're winning their division this year and probably top 3 seed.

They missed last years playoffs by losing something like 50 games by 1 run...a record.

I'm not sure what baseball you're watching but Cubs aren't going to be sub .500 for a long time, that's all you need in NL Central.

Yes Cubs went from top 3 team in baseball to maybe top 10. That's not an incline. Barely 500 team last year.

The 2016 version most likely will end up being the new 85 Bears in town

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Yes Cubs went from top 3 team in baseball to maybe top 10. That's not an incline. Barely 500 team last year.

The 2016 version most likely will end up being the new 85 Bears in town
    OK let's be real here

No team stays top 3 forever

But Chi has been a top 6 MLB team for nearly half a decade straight and they're top 5 this year.

If the bar is set at top 3 then wholly hell, no team is gonna keep that pace lol

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

They will not be top 5 this year, they maybe barely were top 15 last year

They are in decline

They are out of $ the owners are willing to spend

Their window with Baez, Bryant, Rizzo closes in a year or two

They have very little help on horizon in the minor leagues

Decline

12 Last