KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Did you guys see some of the rules they are implementing? DHs in every game (national and american league) and extra inning games will begin with a runner already on 2nd base. No fans at any of the ballparks.

Stupid.

I ain't going to watch or bet on any of this garbage
    Clusterfuk.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32267

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Did you guys see some of the rules they are implementing? DHs in every game (national and american league) and extra inning games will begin with a runner already on 2nd base. No fans at any of the ballparks.

Stupid.

I ain't going to watch or bet on any of this garbage
    In an extra inning game with an auto runner on second base your closer better be a flamethrower strike out artist like Chapman, or you can close with a sinker ball pitcher that induces ground balls.
    Heres the strategy I was thinking, follow along here, you got an automatic runner on second, you intentionally walk the first batter making it first and second, then you have your sinkerballer try to induce the next batter into a DP. A 6-4-3 DP cleans up the bases, now you got two out and a man on third.

Just a thought.

HomeRun35
    HomeRun35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 846

Can't stand the universal DH. Most fans don't want it. The owners get all the "being too greedy" headlines but the players don't really care much about the game either if they can get something to pad their Union's account. Even more so when they offered uniform ads in their 70 game proposal

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

I dont see the point of the dude on 2nd rule here since there are no fans.

This completely changes the game and the way its managed....this is a poor idea...using the season here as testing grounds for rule changes adds an asterisk imho

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    I dont see the point of the dude on 2nd rule here since there are no fans.

This completely changes the game and the way its managed....this is a poor idea...using the season here as testing grounds for rule changes adds an asterisk imho
    No, that is not what's happening....lol...wink, wink...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Word is owners are indeed ready to allow the universal DH this season for preserving player health but not in 2021. That assumes the sides sign off on all health/safety protocols.</p>&mdash; Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) <a href="https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1275444995604934657?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" >June 23, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

I think we all know who is getting put on 2nd base.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

No DDD, there's a rule based on batting order. I think it's the guy that made the last out in the previous inning.

If he scores, it's an unearned run.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post

No DDD, there's a rule based on batting order. I think it's the guy that made the last out in the previous inning.

If he scores, it's an unearned run.
    KVB, maybe.

Or maybe a lil muscle can change that.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    No, that is not what's happening....lol...wink, wink...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Word is owners are indeed ready to allow the universal DH this season for preserving player health but not in 2021. That assumes the sides sign off on all health/safety protocols.</p>&mdash; Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) <a rel="nofollow" href="https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1275444995604934657?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" >June 23, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    How does a universal DH preserve player health? Are pitchers getting injured often trying to hit? If anything, for the NL anyway you’ll have pitchers racking up more pitches on their arm facing 9 batters instead of 8 batters + 1 auto out.

First 123