Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

MLB-Turner deal:
    * Worth $470 million per year through 2028 — a 40% increase.
    * In the playoffs, Turner keeps rights to one LCS, two DS and one WC game.
    * TBS will move its weekly Sunday afternoon game to a weeknight, most likely on Tuesday.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

Did you care about covid-19 during the protesting and rioting?

goduke just got buried

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Do you guys realize will be saving money with no baseball

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

MLB owners are holding conference cal today. Will let commissioner Manfred know whether to implement short season (as allowed by March 26 agreement) or make a 2nd straight proposal. Early word: not much appetite for making another proposal.

- Jon Heyman

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

It doesn't make sense. In baseball, there's a distance between players. They should play. Soccer is on worldwide, why baseball would stop? I can't image a summer without bases.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6111

Guys lack the desire
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave slayer14 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Players union is the toughest in sports. They never really had their clock cleaned until Washington got involved in the steroids issue. They're used to the owners bowing in some form or fashion to their demands. The new CBA negotiation after the 2021 season should be interesting.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Yup the union literally will never bend to owners since the 1986/87 collision scandal

jjgold

Any answers yet?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Any answers yet?
    At its core, what we have is the following set up: The presumptive default position, if no agreement is reached, is that commissioner Rob Manfred will order a roughly 50-game season with full prorated salaries. If the sides do reach an agreement, they may play as many as 80 games, and be able to split the associated revenue. They also may be able to add revenue through other avenues like expanded playoffs, and they could split that revenue too. Those are the gains from a negotiated agreement. They can be split in a way to make both parties better off.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    It doesn't make sense. In baseball, there's a distance between players. They should play. Soccer is on worldwide, why baseball would stop? I can't image a summer without bases.
    The one that confuses me most is tennis. I get the travel part, but just hold the Tournaments weekly in one location in one country. They’re doing exhibitions like that now. I don’t get it. Just seems to me they’re doing it because everyone else is doing it.

Oh, and there will be baseball. Manfred can’t make a statement like that and then not back it up. They have to play.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    The one that confuses me most is tennis. I get the travel part, but just hold the Tournaments weekly in one location in one country. They’re doing exhibitions like that now. I don’t get it. Just seems to me they’re doing it because everyone else is doing it.

Oh, and there will be baseball. Manfred can’t make a statement like that and then not back it up. They have to play.
    The issue is money.

As it stands, with 100% pro rated salaries and 0 ticket sales, owners will lose roughly $550,000 PER GAME.

Are they willing to do that for 48 games (that's the CBA 'season' clause the players cannot fight.

IDK how bad owners want to lose $25mm each....players don't seem willing to bend, and they won't because new CBA coming up next year, must show strength.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Source: MLB just informed clubs that they can begin scouting amateur events again, max of 3 scouts per club per event. Perfect Game National begins the summer showcase circuit for 2021 draft prospects on Wednesday in Birmingham, AL. Great news for scouts getting back to work.

jjgold

Why is this so complicated

SBR Tony
    SBR Tony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2969

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16073

Fukk baseball....dead sport

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6111

Fans need to boycott next season and dont go to the games

THE HITMAN
    THE HITMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16230

I hope they dont play.................so much for the old adage of playing for the love of the game, huh?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

I believe there will be no more major sports period this year. Just not worth it and profitable enough with empty stadiums..

Owners can't make money with empty arenas and still honor player salaries one would think...

Mr. Teaser
    Go Terps/Nats/Skins
    Mr. Teaser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6101

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Baseball had a chance. They blew it. Rip

jjgold

Lol
    Everyone celebrating

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1425

if they dont play .frankly my dear i dont give a dam

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

The owners are out to break the union. The biggest obstacle to breaking the union is the time it takes to starve the players. The owners now have several months of not paying the players. If they don't pay them another dime this year, and they start delaying next season -- the CBA will be up. In the meantime, the players will have gone from millions to nothing and will start to splinter. Then when the new CBA starts getting negotiated, the REAL hammer will be dropped. Imagine a 32 year old pitcher who is suddenly 34, and has lost tens of millions of prime playing career and contract money. That money is LOST. it is never gonna be recovered. The players have overplayed their hand.

The owners are billionaires..... losing money is just a tax write-off.

jjgold

I would cripple the players and Not play for two years

THE HITMAN
    THE HITMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16230

Frig em all, players, owners, TV. Everyone more interested in other unnamed movements anyway, so let them fly with that, see how much it helps everyone's pocketbooks. Me, an avid viewer and gambler.............much to my surprise, I don't miss it at all. Soooooooooooo, like I said here and other threads.Seriously, Fuk em all. And then if they are still breathing or itching for more, Fuk em again, but harder this time.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

I would cripple the players and Not play for two years

Damn JJ

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7150

These sports- NBA, NHL, MLB that think going head to head against the NFL and College Football is a smart plan need to get a reality check.
    They all should have started already with no fans if they wanted a season.
    Now the NBA players are worried about the protests of social injustice. Good for them. Dont play.
    Come September no one will care if they are playing their so called season of pickup games in Orlando.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Fixed it
    Quote Originally Posted by RM Logic View Post
    These sports- NBA, NHL, MLB that think going head to head against the NFL and College Football is a smart plan need to get a reality check.
    Now the NBA players are "acting" worried about the protests of social injustice. Good for them. Dont play.
    Come September no one will care if they are playing their so called season of pickup games in Orlando.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by RM Logic View Post
    Now the NBA players are worried about the protests of social injustice. Good for them. Dont play.
    This is called hitting the nail on the head. Screw the players. I do not think that the NHL is that involved because there seems to be no labor dispute there, but the Way Overpaid players of the NBA and MLB deserve to get their worthless tails kicked.

cybersharp
    Update your status
    cybersharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1155

Well, it's 11 days after my last post on this subject, and this idiot Manfred just
    announced that we might not have a baseball season.

...Almost immediately AFTER announcing that he had power to unilaterally announce
    a limited schedule, regardless of the negotiations, and THAT THERE WOULD INDEED
    BE AN MLB SEASON!

So, I have to wonder: Does this stiff have ANY IDEA what contractual powers he actually
    has, or is he sitting in his office smoking crack? Does this asshole have even an INKLING
    of what a fool he's made of himself?

Please resign, Mr. "Commissioner". You're not up to the challenges of the job.

And I'm revising my previous comment from above, in another thread, where
    I stated that "I hope everyone associated with MLB dies a slow, painful death".

I now hope that fiendish, protracted and diabolically sadistic torture tecniques
    (from the middle ages) are used to bring about those slow deaths. Something
    right out of those "Hostel" movies from 2006 thru 2009.

For my first bid, I'd like to offer $500,000 for Robert Manfred....
    Last edited by cybersharp; 06-16-20 at 12:31 PM.

jjgold

This is crazy

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

i grew up with big red machine. i was personally friends with youngest and third youngest players to play mlb. Miss hearing stories of baseball in the 50's and 60's.

Black Coffee
    Black Coffee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2360

Baseball players just fukked themselves..

First 12345 Last