BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Every single athlete in every single sport is way over-paid. None of them deserve half of the money they get and many do not deserve 1/10th of the money they get. I hope all professional sports die this season.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

When you have people like Homer Bailey getting paid 2,000,000 a month there is a problem to begin with IMO......how entitled have these people become lol.......I remember when his arm hurt and he said....im not worried about my arm...management should be....WOW.....penetrate these guys....
    Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Every single athlete in every single sport is way over-paid. None of them deserve half of the money they get and many do not deserve 1/10th of the money they get. I hope all professional sports die this season.

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

WHEN most all player are over paid, they have no need to be playing now.this is what is wrong imo with all american pro sports and the main reason i hate pro sports in the states...the fans and media have create a snowball that is rolling down the mt out of control.where will it stop, american sports due to this are not fun any longer, the players play for the stupid money contracts and not for the love of the game
    Last edited by carolinakid; 06-08-20 at 12:08 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Looks
    Like no bases

Glad it’s sucks anyway

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5033

Players need to jump on the 76 game season with 75% of salary guaranteed.

Owners are bending over backwards.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    WHEN most all player are over paid, they have no need to be playing now.this is what is wrong imo with all american pro sports and the main reason i have pro sports in the states...the fans and media have create a snowball that is rolling down the mt out of control.where will it stop, american sports due to this are not fun any longer, the players play for the stupid money contracts and not for the love of the game
    This is why I like College Football much better than the Pro game. The college kids are trying to get to that mountain of money. The financial difference between being selected #1 or in the first round of the draft, or being selected in the 3rd round can be astronomical. Millions are at stake here. The College kids give it their all to get to the top of the class. Pros could care less.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave BigdaddyQH 11 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07

all these NL holdouts and shit......maybe this shakeup is needed....slightly out of control IMO as well....
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    WHEN most all player are over paid, they have no need to be playing now.this is what is wrong imo with all american pro sports and the main reason i hate pro sports in the states...the fans and media have create a snowball that is rolling down the mt out of control.where will it stop, american sports due to this are not fun any longer, the players play for the stupid money contracts and not for the love of the game

PaperTrail07

same and ive said it for years.......HEART
    Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    This is why I like College Football much better than the Pro game. The college kids are trying to get to that mountain of money. The financial difference between being selected #1 or in the first round of the draft, or being selected in the 3rd round can be astronomical. Millions are at stake here. The College kids give it their all to get to the top of the class. Pros could care less.

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

but on the other side of the coin too, the 1 and done college kids in basketball have kill a great sport, ,if they are so good let them go straight to the nba out of high school, they make me sick today, the college game will survive without these babies........

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

This is killing me, ya’ll can hate on baseball all you want, admittedly I don’t watch a ton of games other than cards being on tv most nights as backround noise but I love capping and betting bases and it tragic these idiots gonna kill the sport.

Ya’ll blaming only the players crazy. The owners are every bit as much at fault if not more. So what if they lose some money playing this year? Their equity in the team will continue to rise like clockwork! Part of ownership is the risk involved, you reap the rewards so all a sudden you faced with a down year and now you want players to share in the hardships? I don’t see them offering players more when value of teams skyrockets! Both sides retarded and if they screw this up and don’t play not only will there be no more monster contracts for players but those owners are gonna find the value of theirs teams for the 1st time I can recall taking a dive! Fuckem all, I just want baseball back cause capping it one my favorite hobbies!!!

PaperTrail07

These owners started rich......these players come from nothing playing a SPORT and are paid millions.....IMO they should show their employer a little respect....a skilled athlete without a job is just a hamburger flipper.......
    Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    This is killing me, ya’ll can hate on baseball all you want, admittedly I don’t watch a ton of games other than cards being on tv most nights as backround noise but I love capping and betting bases and it tragic these idiots gonna kill the sport.

Ya’ll blaming only the players crazy. The owners are every bit as much at fault if not more. So what if they lose some money playing this year? Their equity in the team will continue to rise like clockwork! Part of ownership is the risk involved, you reap the rewards so all a sudden you faced with a down year and now you want players to share in the hardships? I don’t see them offering players more when value of teams skyrockets! Both sides retarded and if they screw this up and don’t play not only will there be no more monster contracts for players but those owners are gonna find the value of theirs teams for the 1st time I can recall taking a dive! Fuckem all, I just want baseball back cause capping it one my favorite hobbies!!!

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57541

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post

Would like to see it back as well Banker but highly doubtful at this point. Some upper level Execs for the Brewers got furloughed last week. Interesting timing since they worked solidly up to that point. The fact that they are furloughed now - Not a good sign...

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6213

Can't these players just play for the fans for a shortened season they will still get paid there millions

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Baseball players are delusional. Owners should just cancel it on them. See who can weather the storm longer.
    First time ever I've actually sided with the owners.

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

They already have agreed to pro rated salaries. Everything right now is just posturing by both sides trying get the most each can. At worst we will get a 45 game season. The agreement wth the pro rated salaries will get used. Owners will only wanna play 45 games and playoffs. Only reason it has been said already is because owners holding out hope players will take another pay cut. Owners would also like 8 teams each division in the playoffs but I doubt the players give them that if the owners don't give something to them.
    Looks like 45 games or so with same amount of teams in playoffs. Once the new collective bargaining agreement is up next year expect a long streak..at least a season

Mr. Teaser
    Go Terps/Nats/Skins
    Mr. Teaser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6161

Quote Originally Posted by Heltah Skeltah View Post
    They already have agreed to pro rated salaries. Everything right now is just posturing by both sides trying get the most each can. At worst we will get a 45 game season. The agreement wth the pro rated salaries will get used. Owners will only wanna play 45 games and playoffs. Only reason it has been said already is because owners holding out hope players will take another pay cut. Owners would also like 8 teams each division in the playoffs but I doubt the players give them that if the owners don't give something to them.

Looks like 45 games or so with same amount of teams in playoffs. Once the new collective bargaining agreement is up next year expect a long streak..at least a season
    I keep reading this but then I also keep reading the season is in jeopardy. How can it be with this in place? Why wouldn't the odds to have a season be at -100000 and not -300. Also, they've already worked out all the safety stuff for the virus so it's no that.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Put me in the no baseball camp. How long can they possibly wait, they are completely weather dependent

Heltah Skeltah

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Teaser View Post
    I keep reading this but then I also keep reading the season is in jeopardy. How can it be with this in place? Why wouldn't the odds to have a season be at -100000 and not -300. Also, they've already worked out all the safety stuff for the virus so it's no that.
    Not sure? Maybe the players can say they don't feel safe at the end of the day? Or maybe the owners really don't want a season? I tonight at least 45 games though by what I've heard for the mlb reporters

garyking
    garyking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7066

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    Put me in the no baseball camp. How long can they possibly wait, they are completely weather dependent
    If they do play I expect it would be in a couple of good weather locations without fans such as Arizona or Florida, therefore weather into the fall wouldn't be much of a problem.

Heltah Skeltah

Quote Originally Posted by garyking View Post
    If they do play I expect it would be in a couple of good weather locations without fans such as Arizona or Florida, therefore weather into the fall wouldn't be much of a problem.
    They have already said they will play at home ballparks. The players wanted nothing to do with a bubble type location. Games will be played at mlb parks in each team stadiums. If only 45 or so games it will be againt division only. No interleague or stuff like that. Gonna be a sprint to the playoffs

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Players have gotten far to greedy.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

I don’t think there will be any sports. They might get close to starting up or start up but the way the virus is so easily spread they’ll end up cancelling.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    I don’t think there will be any sports. They might get close to starting up or start up but the way the virus is so easily spread they’ll end up cancelling.
    Golf already started. Mls will play. Nfl will play. NHL will play. NBA might not.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Golf already started. Mls will play. Nfl will play. NHL will play. NBA might not.
    I haven’t looked overseas at how it’s working over there. Yes you’re right about golf they should be fine. I was mainly talking about big 4. I just don’t see it getting to completion. Unless they just simply keep going and corona virus players get shut down but then in that case the product could suffer if another good players get it or it could be very tough to bet

Heltah Skeltah

I haven’t looked overseas at how it’s working over there. Yes you’re right about golf they should be fine. I was mainly talking about big 4. I just don’t see it getting to completion. Unless they just simply keep going and corona virus players get shut down but then in that case the product could suffer if another good players get it or it could be very tough to bet
    The leagues could give it shit if it is tough to bet or product looks different. Only thing that matters is the tv money they get for completing the playoffs and crowning a champion. They will do what they have to get that money

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    Can't these players just play for the fans for a shortened season they will still get paid there millions
    Oh my God, that's the funniest thing I've read in awhile. For the fans, bwahaha!

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by Heltah Skeltah View Post
    The leagues could give it shit if it is tough to bet or product looks different. Only thing that matters is the tv money they get for completing the playoffs and crowning a champion. They will do what they have to get that money
    I was saying the betting for people not the leagues. I understand the money for the league but how many covid cases will they be ok with getting before they stop?

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

I hope baseball is cancelled. Owners need to break the union, get a salary cap/floor and come back fresh next season or 2022.

Nobody wants to watch 50 games or baseball played into December in front of 0 fans

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

I was saying the betting for people not the leagues. I understand the money for the league but how many covid cases will they be ok with getting before they stop?
    Did you care about covid-19 during the protesting and rioting?

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    I hope baseball is cancelled. Owners need to break the union, get a salary cap/floor and come back fresh next season or 2022.

Nobody wants to watch 50 games or baseball played into December in front of 0 fans
    Id watch drunk intramural ping pong at this point

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Laughs in billion dollar owners money

OTWinner
    OTWinner's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5401

Use scrubs
    Have tryouts
    Pay everyone who makes the team one hundred thousand and a thousand a win
    Post lines that’s a no brainer
    Will be popular
    Beats watching Korean baseball

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Did you care about covid-19 during the protesting and rioting?
    No because playing a game with an orange ball going through a basket is different than fighting inequality. Wars were fought to protect freedom so should people who were drafted not fight because they could die?

First 12345 Last