SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Derek Jeter/Alex Rodriguez

Who you got...

Derek Jeter is one of the most successful baseball players on and off the field. He won five World Series titles and was captain of the New York Yankees, making him one of the most recognizable faces in all sports. He was one of the most marketable athletes, scoring endorsement deals with Ford, ********** and several other big brand-name companies, as well as earning an estimated total of $266 million in salary throughout his 20-year career. He invested $25 million to buy the Miami Marlins, where he currently serves as the team's CEO and co-owner.

No player embodies wealth in the sport of baseball more than Alex Rodriguez. The slugger signed two of the largest deals in MLB history at the time, and earned an estimated $450 million in salary alone throughout the course of his career. A-Rod has had multiple endorsement deals in his career, and continues to prosper since his retirement in 2016 with his company, A-Rod Corp., and broadcasting career with Fox Sports and ESPN. Rodriguez was recently reported as having interest in buying the New York Mets.

Pinoy-T-X
    Pinoy-T-X's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21609

Derek Jeter net worth $185 -200 million

A-Rod net worth $500 million + wife J-lo’s net worth $400 million.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

This is a great question Drew.
    Put aside the steroid equation I want A-Rod, but you can make a case for either player.
    A-Rod was putting up *monster* numbers in Seattle before the allegations.
    Like Bonds they both didn't need the 'juice', Bonds did it for personal reasons, I don't know why A-Rod did it except to gain an advantage.

OK, back to the original question if you leadership and other intangibles I'll take Jeter.
    If you want defense at SS give me A-Rod eight days a week.
    What gets overlooked is A-Rod was one of the greatest defensive shortstops I've (and others have) ever seen.
    Jeter was a shitty defensive SS in his early years with a shitty range factor and made way to many errors.
    Jeter made himself a very good defensive shortstop with limited range by making every play that was hit to him, he was very heady on the field as to where to position himself. That's why in his later years he won those Gold Gloves but know this Jeter could not carry A-Rod's glove defensively.
    If you want batting average Jeter hit 15 points higher .310 vs. 295
    If you want power it's A-Rod hands down.

So, like I said earlier it comes down to what you want?
    Leadership, longevity, average you want Jeter.
    If you want power and defense you want A-Rod.

I was at Yankee Stadium two levels up behind home plate when A-Rod hit 3 HR's vs. Bartolo Colon.
    The only out he made was a deep fly ball to center which could have been a fourth home run.
    Let me tell you something, the Stadium was actually rocking when he hit that ball to center.
    It was the greatest display of power I've ever seen.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/b...00504260.shtml