curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Power line edge picks go to 5-1

Arizona couldn't hold on, so we lost that one, but Batlimore and Boston came through. After two days of tracking the power line edge picks we are 5-1.

7/26/07 3-0
    7/27/07 2-1

total 5-1

I will post today's power line edge picks shortly.

zootiehead
    zootiehead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Looks like Washington and Boston.

Savant
    Savant's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    Arizona couldn't hold on, so we lost that one, but Batlimore and Boston came through.
    but curious Arizona did win as you can see the score was
    Atlanta 7
    Arizona 8

So thats a clean sweep

curious

Correction Arizona did win

Thanks to Savant for pointing that out. Arizona 8-Atlanta 7

so, power line picks are 6-0.

Savant

your welcome ladies.
    So how much are you betting on the Nats and Boston game?
    If the powerplay is that 1 system you guys have cracked to make $$, seems like rollin good times ahead.lol

curious

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    your welcome ladies.
    So how much are you betting on the Nats and Boston game?
    If the powerplay is that 1 system you guys have cracked to make $$, seems like rollin good times ahead.lol
    RIght now I am keeping the bets fairly small. $100 on each, $25 on a 2 pick parlay.

6 games is too few games to mean anything. After a week or more of additional games I will adjust the bet sizes to what the edge is as a %, and try to equate the % to my star system. I may increase bet size gradually between now and then if this keeps working.

Savant

i never had luck with parlays, i guess i'll throw in a lil n try my luck today with these 2 picks. All the best today.

curious

I clean up with parlays

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    i never had luck with parlays, i guess i'll throw in a lil n try my luck today with these 2 picks. All the best today.
    day before yesterday i won 20 2 pick parlays

i win lots of 3 pick parlays. You have to use a hedging system. Here is what I do with 3 pick parlays. I take 3 games, one early PM, one mid PM and one late PM. That way I know the outcome of the first game before the second game starts, and i know the outcome of the first two before the 3rd game starts.

Whatever I bet on the parlay, let's say $50, I bet the opposing team in game 1 so that if game 1 loses I get a push. I usually use favorites in game 1 so that I am betting a dog to win $50 instead of laying wood to win $50.

If game 1 wins, I then bet the opposing team in game 2 to win $100. Again, I try to pick a favorite for the parlay bet in game 2 so that the opposing team I am using for the hedge is a dog. I do not like to lay wood to hedge the $100.

If the first two games win, I then have to make a choice, hedge the $200, hedge the parlay payout, or don't hedge and hope for a full payout. (The hedge is $200 because you had your original bet of $50, a hedge bet of $50 for game 1, and a hedge bet of $100 for game 2. Just using $200 as the figure will give you a small profit if game 1 and game 2 opposing teams were dogs).

Here are the possible outcomes:
    Game 1 - My pick loses, hedge bet wins $50 Push Or,
    My pick wins, fall down to game 2

Game 2 - My pick loses, hedge bet wins $100 Push Or,
    My pick wins, fall down to game 3

Game 3 - My pick loses, hedge bet wins $200 Push Or,
    My pick wins win payout - $200 / odds on game 3 dog

I do variations of this. Sometimes I don't bother hedging the first game. Sometimes I don't bother hedging the 3rd game. Depends on how much I like the team.

The beauty of this approach is that I can bet LOTS of 3 pick parlays without suffering the kind of drawdown that you would normally.

I will make the caveat that unless you pick winners consistently, this won't work. LOL.

I am writing a computer program that will calculate every possible 3 team parlay over all games where the possible outcomes are PUSH or parlay payout - hedges where the net result is > 0. Remember the 3 games have to be separated by enough time that game 1 is over before game 2 starts and game 2 is over before game 3 starts.

Now I am not recommending this. But, imagine if someone opened accounts at online books that had generous bonus plans and used this computer program to place large numbers of no lose bets, and before long met the roll over requirements of that initial deposit. Hmmmmmm. LOL

pt wagerer
    pt wagerer's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you check again the power plays added Mil in the second 2nd gm.... I also subscribed to a service that plays only one game a day. I have been with them for a month.. They started off on fire 11-2 before the allstar brake running 6 in a row. After the allstar break not so good 2-5. The service doesnt play every day. For the month 13-7. Any way there play for today is MIL in the Second game. This is a total match. I will lay lumber on this one....