navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

MLB Beat the Streak

Not sure if anyone here plays it. If you beat DiMaggio's 56-hit streak, you win $5.6 million dollars. You can pick up to two different players a day to get a hit and build a streak.

They've been doing it for like 5 years now and one guy got up to 51 games, but that's the closest. There's a guy right now at 50 games and another 46. However, the guy at 50 picked Soto today and Soto looks like he's going to go hitless. 8th inning and no hits so far. Man, I would be at church on my hands and knees crying and praying right now. So close to $5.6 million.

You get a big cash prize for biggest streak for the season, but with a guy at 46, not sure he will hold them off.

WalkingLuckCharm
    WalkingLuckCharm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2947

damn bye bye streak

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I play sometimes but always end up forgetting about it. When it 1st started years back I was interested the 1st year, then I realized I had no mfin chance! Lol.

Can’t believe someone got to 51! That crazy impressive. What a bummer tho to get so close!!! Think best I ever did was 17 I think (give or take) lol.,

navyblue81

Surprised he put it on Juan Soto? Dude’s not even hitting .300. If you’re going to pick a National, pick Rendon. That’s who I took. He got two hits. Just need a hit from Andrus and I’ll be up to 4 haha

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    Surprised he put it on Juan Soto? Dude’s not even hitting .300. If you’re going to pick a National, pick Rendon. That’s who I took. He got two hits. Just need a hit from Andrus and I’ll be up to 4 haha
    He’s been hot as fukk FWIW

2daBank

Tough to argue w someone who got to 50 tho. Clearly he better at it than us! Lol

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

guy takes the worst players its just unreal

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

I picked rendon n josh bell today

Had 18 earlier in the uear

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Tough to argue w someone who got to 50 tho. Clearly he better at it than us! Lol
    Agree. He’s not as dumb as the ESPN streak guy on Sunday. That guy risked it on the Cubs at the Reds when he had theee days of much better options and didn’t pick them. Ended up losing $35k. Could have taken Astros vs Mariners but ignored it and took Cubs instead on road.

Maizey
    Maizey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9898

Man, I would be at church on my hands and knees crying and praying right now. So close to $5.6 million.
    That's the reason I quit playing, I'd be suicidal if I got that close only to be turned away. I think you get like 10K for being the best of the year so I guess that would be a decent consolation prize.

I got to 17 the first time I played it and never got that high again. Thought it was easy, found out otherwise. The math going against you is daunting.

2daBank

Agree. He’s not as dumb as the ESPN streak guy on Sunday. That guy risked it on the Cubs at the Reds when he had theee days of much better options and didn’t pick them. Ended up losing $35k. Could have taken Astros vs Mariners but ignored it and took Cubs instead on road.
    Ouch. Lol, never take cubs on the road. Either fade or pass, they been awful away from wrigley this year!

2daBank

4 huh? Only 52 to go!!! Lol

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by Maizey View Post
    That's the reason I quit playing, I'd be suicidal if I got that close only to be turned away. I think you get like 10K for being the best of the year so I guess that would be a decent consolation prize.

I got to 17 the first time I played it and never got that high again. Thought it was easy, found out otherwise. The math going against you is daunting.
    Yeah, I think ESPN one is a little easier...not to say it's easy. But the MLB one just feels impossible. I've gotten up to 13 and 14 on ESPN before and sometimes 20 is enough to win for the month. Plus they have a $5k prize for most wins per month which is doable and I've gotten close to. So while it's really hard, it's not as impossible to win as the MLB streak. I don't know how the heck some of these guys have built streaks like that. The most I've gotten is 16 and I was on my hands and knees praying then.

Maizey
    Maizey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9898

Yeah, I think ESPN one is a little easier...not to say it's easy. But the MLB one just feels impossible. I've gotten up to 13 and 14 on ESPN before and sometimes 20 is enough to win for the month. Plus they have a $5k prize for most wins per month which is doable and I've gotten close to. So while it's really hard, it's not as impossible to win as the MLB streak. I don't know how the heck some of these guys have built streaks like that. The most I've gotten is 16 and I was on my hands and knees praying then.
    Good to know, thanks, I'll look into playing in that. 5K or nothing is easier to handle than 5.6 million or nothing (or 10K).

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

They told Soto to go hitless obviously.

2daBank

Damn, didn’t realize there was that kind of monthly prize on ESPN.

I never remember beat the streak, during March madness when I’m logged on to ESPN for bracket contest is only time I seem to do it, and there so many crazy oddball options like who makes 1st 3, who scores 1st after 3 min mark, etc etc. I never get it going very far, then I forget all about it again. Lol.

Guess I should play it.

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Damn, didn’t realize there was that kind of monthly prize on ESPN.

I never remember beat the streak, during March madness when I’m logged on to ESPN for bracket contest is only time I seem to do it, and there so many crazy oddball options like who makes 1st 3, who scores 1st after 3 min mark, etc etc. I never get it going very far, then I forget all about it again. Lol.

Guess I should play it.
    Yeah, I like it. it's fun and makes you follow sports more. They give you fun props and also the chance to pick winners who are -200 or -300. For example, they'll put Astros-Blue Jays on there and you pick a winner. Hard part is there's always an upset. So you'll be at 11 wins in a row, closing in on the lead, take the Astros over the Jays, and the Jays will win and your streak is back down to 0. Use that example because it happened to me last month when Astros were -330 to win.

2daBank

Yeah, I like it. it's fun and makes you follow sports more. They give you fun props and also the chance to pick winners who are -200 or -300. For example, they'll put Astros-Blue Jays on there and you pick a winner. Hard part is there's always an upset. So you'll be at 11 wins in a row, closing in on the lead, take the Astros over the Jays, and the Jays will win and your streak is back down to 0.
    I’m far more likely to take the dog. Lol.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia

wow that guy lost today, i swear yahoo said soto got a hit lol. another guy at 48 then the leaderboard crashes down to 33. im at a lousy 6

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

so its a win win for who ?

Getch13
    Getch13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 66404

Has anyone won MLB beat the streak?

With no baseball for the KC Royals Monday night, the streak took center stage. Robert Mosley, better known as kamea in MLB's Beat the Streak game, lucked out Saturday with Bryce Harper's walk-off home run. ... String together a 57-game hit streak to beat Joe DiMaggio's record of 56 games and you win $5.6 million dollars.May 16, 2017

https://kingsofkauffman.com/2017/05/...d-eric-hosmer/
    Last edited by Getch13; 07-04-19 at 10:10 PM.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Getch13 View Post
    Has anyone won MLB beat the streak?

With no baseball for the KC Royals Monday night, the streak took center stage. Robert Mosley, better known as kamea in MLB's Beat the Streak game, lucked out Saturday with Bryce Harper's walk-off home run. ... String together a 57-game hit streak to beat Joe DiMaggio's record of 56 games and you win $5.6 million dollars.May 16, 2017

https://kingsofkauffman.com/2017/05/...d-eric-hosmer/
    lol no ones ever won that, says that harper hr was to get to 51. they just came up with pickin two players last year. highest was 53 with picking only one player a day

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia

what would u guys do with the 3.6 mil lump sum? retire?

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    what would u guys do with the 3.6 mil lump sum? retire?
    Buy a place in Vegas and gamble until it’s gone. Then sell the place, gamble that up and end up homeless on the streets. That’s just how it would go.

navyblue81

One guy has the streak up to 50 now. He’s closing in.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia

One guy has the streak up to 50 now. He’s closing in.
    he got up to 51, i cant believe he kept picking someone everyday. like lol u have all season to get 6 in a row to change your life