rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

4 Wednesday plays

2* Tigers -122: Contreras has been hammered lately, giving up at least 5 R in six of list seven starts. He's allowed more hits than IP in ten of his last eleven outings, and things don't figure to get much better tomorrow against the premier offense in the AL, if not all of baseball. Contreras' career numbers against Detroit are pretty good (8-4, 3.64), but he's shown no indication of late that he's anywhere near the same pitcher as he was as recently as two years ago, when for the better part of the '05 season he was one of the better pitcher's in the AL. The ChiSox are auditioning Contreras for other teams with the hope of getting something of value in return, so even if he's not effective early, he'll likely be allowed to pitch deep in the game, just as he pitched into the 8th in his last outing against Boston despite allowing 10 runs. Rogers certainly isn't overpowering, but he throws strikes and still knows how to pitch. Konerko, Dye and Thome are a combined 28/120 (.233) against Rogers.

1* Pirates +145: Glavine's coming off his worst outing of the year, and although he's generally bounced back well after a poor start, he's extremely hittable at this point in his career. Gorzelanny is simply one of the best young pitchers in baseball, and his numbers are better than Glavine's across the board (ERA - Gorzo: 3.20, Glav: 4.51, WHIP - Gorzo: 1.23, Glav: 1.37, K's - Gorzo: 86, Glav: 58, BB - Gorzo: 38, Glav: 41). Generous price for the Pirates given the significant pitching advantage in Pitt's favor.

1* Royals +130: Sure, the Yankees' offense is on fire, but their recent offensive explosion has come against the likes of Scott Elarton, Odalis Perez and J.P. Howell. Gil Meche has been solid much of the season, and he's had decent success against NYY (3-2, 3.88). Mussina, while still capable of throwing a good game, has really struggled on the road (.321 BAA in 40.1 IP). I think this is yet another case of the Yankees being overvalued, particularly with the offensive outburst in recent games that included a 17-run performance and a 21-run performance on consecutive days.

1* Braves/Giants U 8.5 -105: SF's offense continues to struggle, and with many in the lineup facing tough lefty Chuck James for the first time, I don't anticipate tomorrow night being much different. Noah Lowry's nothing special and he walks too many hitter's, always a concern when playing the under, but he's been much more effective pitching at AT&T (7-2, 2.82 at home/3-5, 4.32 on the road).

Also leaning towards the Cards, and will add them if I can get plus money at some point tomorrow. Good luck everyone.
    Last edited by rjt721; 07-25-07 at 01:46 AM.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I like detroit and also st louis

good luck rjt

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

That Yanks line stinks to the high heavens.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

I am with you on the Pirates and Royals on Wednesday. Good luck RJT.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED View Post
    That Yanks line stinks to the high heavens.
    Exactly. On one hand, I feel like I'm getting pushed in the direction of laying the not-as-heavy-as-expected wood on the Yanks. On the other hand, I was looking forward to playing KC in this game since Sunday night. I thought Meche would be +160 or so (as he was against the Tigers a week ago when he destroyed Robertson).

I'm truly torn between playing the Yankee RL and Over (then hedging with the KC ML and Under) because I think this is either a Yankee route or a 5-3 type KC win...

Even the adjusted RL on KC sucks at +230.

babaoriley

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    2* Tigers -122: Contreras has been hammered lately, giving up at least 5 R in six of list seven starts. He's allowed more hits than IP in ten of his last eleven outings, and things don't figure to get much better tomorrow against the premier offense in the AL, if not all of baseball. Contreras' career numbers against Detroit are pretty good (8-4, 3.64), but he's shown no indication of late that he's anywhere near the same pitcher as he was as recently as two years ago, when for the better part of the '05 season he was one of the better pitcher's in the AL. The ChiSox are auditioning Contreras for other teams with the hope of getting something of value in return, so even if he's not effective early, he'll likely be allowed to pitch deep in the game, just as he pitched into the 8th in his last outing against Boston despite allowing 10 runs. Rogers certainly isn't overpowering, but he throws strikes and still knows how to pitch. Konerko, Dye and Thome are a combined 28/120 (.233) against Rogers.

1* Pirates +145: Glavine's coming off his worst outing of the year, and although he's generally bounced back well after a poor start, he's extremely hittable at this point in his career. Gorzelanny is simply one of the best young pitchers in baseball, and his numbers are better than Glavine's across the board (ERA - Gorzo: 3.20, Glav: 4.51, WHIP - Gorzo: 1.23, Glav: 1.37, K's - Gorzo: 86, Glav: 58, BB - Gorzo: 38, Glav: 41). Generous price for the Pirates given the significant pitching advantage in Pitt's favor.

1* Royals +130: Sure, the Yankees' offense is on fire, but their recent offensive explosion has come against the likes of Scott Elarton, Odalis Perez and J.P. Howell. Gil Meche has been solid much of the season, and he's had decent success against NYY (3-2, 3.88). Mussina, while still capable of throwing a good game, has really struggled on the road (.321 BAA in 40.1 IP). I think this is yet another case of the Yankees being overvalued, particularly with the offensive outburst in recent games that included a 17-run performance and a 21-run performance on consecutive days.

1* Braves/Giants U 8.5 -105: SF's offense continues to struggle, and with many in the lineup facing tough lefty Chuck James for the first time, I don't anticipate tomorrow night being much different. Noah Lowry's nothing special and he walks too many hitter's, always a concern when playing the under, but he's been much more effective pitching at AT&T (7-2, 2.82 at home/3-5, 4.32 on the road).

Also leaning towards the Cards, and will add them if I can get plus money at some point tomorrow. Good luck everyone.
    This line is way too sharp for my liking aat this point. I actually think this is undervaluing the Yankees (never get a chance to say that). Meche is crafty, but he isn't going to shut the Yanks down. this line is way off-base. And while I was waiting to bet against every Yankee pitcher who didn't face Scott Elarton, I can;t bring myself to go with KC at +125. Value completely sucked out at that price. Unless that thing reaches +145, I'm off it.

babaoriley

P.S. Love the Pirates tomorrow. Big play of mine tomorrow.

Terpman92
    Terpman92's Avatar Become A Pro!

RJT- Nice card today! Cash it.

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Quote Originally Posted by babaoriley View Post
    P.S. Love the Pirates tomorrow. Big play of mine tomorrow.
    May look at the Pirates also!

LUNT101
    LUNT101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    Leaning towards the Mets myself. GL tonight.