MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

MLB.tv subscription

I'm considering getting an MLB.tv subscription. Anyone here currently a subscriber? Is it worth it? Also, if a game is televised locally on FSN, is that subject to blackout? It seems like a pretty good deal at first glance...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have not purchased this service before, but I do believe that blackout restrictions do apply.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes they do and they suck. I live in Northwest Texas and wanted to get this to watch Astros games (not so much this season) and they are blacked out here which is almost 350 miles away. I'm pretty sure you can type your zip code and they tell you what gets blacked out if you're looking for specific teams local to you.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The only way I know of getting around the zip code problem is if you don't live anywhere remotely close to an MLB team. Basically meaning you have to live outside the U.S.

remmy358
    remmy358's Avatar Become A Pro!

i had it...it's alright. i had the premium edition and quality isn't always the best. i just bought the mlb package for my tv. similiar price.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

i have had it all season. I live near Philly so i dont have a problem with the black out issues since I can watch the Phills on Comcast (local sports channel) if I need to, so I get evrybodys game. I think its worth it , I mean u have to either buy this or the cable package cause u gotta be able to watch the game in my opinion. O yea get the premium the quality is way better. I connect to my my 32 inch LCD tv and the quality is pretty good , most of the time. Its not HD but its pretty much the same as standard tv

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

Hmm yeah I would like something mobile where I can watch every game through my laptop (which has a tv out). But I would like to find something for home too. Would prefer an HD solution for that if anyone knows of anything.....
    Last edited by MonkeyF0cker; 07-24-07 at 08:43 PM.

LUNT101
    LUNT101's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've had mlb.tv all season as well. The only thing that sucks is that FOX has the rights to all Saturday afternoon games so you can't watch any of those, but other than that it is a solid purchase.