Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

My Tuesday Plays

Solid day Monday, easily winning the big play and going 4-2 overall. Smaller card Tuesday, probably going to add Vazquez against Bonderman if the price is right.

Medium:

Twins +115 (Baker/McGowan)
    I’m a huge fan of Dustin McGowan. He’s going to be a top of the line starter very shortly. But he’s struggled to put back to back quality starts together. He’s coming off a win at Yankee Stadium, which may be a particularly big letdown situation. And I’m starting to really like Baker as well. He’s had very good success in his last six starts, his road numbers are good (4.78 ERA but a 1.19 WHIP signifies that ERA will improve) and he doesn’t walk anybody.
    And as well as the Blue Jays hit lefties - and why it wasn’t surprising that they had success even against Santana - they haven’t been able to hit righties. The Twins do not have that problem, and not only do they have the better bullpen, they didn‘t have to use Neshek or Nathan today while the Jays used the heart of their bullpen. This should be a good opportunity for Minnesota to even the series.

Indians -125 (Sabathia/Matsuzaka)
    Most of Matsuzaka’s troubles this year have come against elite offenses. Against the top ten offenses he has faced (Tigers, Yankees, Indians, and Rangers) he has a 6.69 ERA and a 1.51 WHIP. Against everyone else he has a 2.07 ERA and a 1.18 WHIP. Most importantly, the Indians weren’t impressed by him when they rocked him to the tune of 12 hits and 6 ER in 5.2 IP.
    The Indians crush righties at home (25-10, 6.14 rpg) while the Red Sox have really struggled against lefties on the road (4-10, 3.78 rpg). Ramirez has awesome career numbers against Sabathia, but with Ortiz still injured CC will be more able to pitch around him, and none of the other Sox hitters have shown the ability to hit CC.

Light:

Nationals +150 (Bergmann/Kendrick)
    Jason Bergmann’s ERA ballooned when he gave up 8 ER in 4.1 IP a couple starts ago, but at 4.46 it is almost identical to Kyle Kendrick’s 4.40. The difference is that Bergmann’s WHIP (1.20 to 1.33), BAA (.219 to .275), and K/BB ratio (54-28 to 17-11) are all much better. With the Nationals having the better bullpen and the Phillies coming off a long road trip, the price is right for Washington here.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Not sure how my day will end, since my only game is still going for Monday. Athletics exploded today, and just need to hold on in the bottom of the 9th when it comes up.

Well for Tuesday, it is just one game again if I can get plus money tomorrow. That team is the Marlins. Currently sitting around -105, and the lowest I see out here is -103.

So as of now, the Marlins are just a lean.

Razz, good luck on Tuesday.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice pics RAZZ...should go at least 2-1 ....that WAS/PHI is a tough one since PHI hits righties well but are coming off of a long road trip and WAS could steal game one.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Good luck Razz. I'm leaning towards the over in the Rays/O's game, but I might just pass altogether on tomorrow's card.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    but I might just pass altogether on tomorrow's card.
    I might be doing the same RJT. All depends on the Marlins line.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

GL Razz. I think I'm taking the day off. Looks like a chalky day...

Sundram
    Sundram's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Razz, any views on the under 8.5 in the Angels game tonight?
    After what amounted to offensive explosions for both teams last night, I have the feeling that this one might "revert to the mean," and be low-scoring game. Having Dinardo & Escobar on the mound might produce a very different game from last night, in my view. I can also buy the 1/2 run at FDimes, making it under 9. Feedback?
    Sundram
    Last edited by Sundram; 07-24-07 at 09:15 AM.

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by Sundram View Post
    Razz, any views on the under 8.5 in the Angels game tonight?
    After what amounted to offensive explosions for both teams last night, I have the feeling that this one might "revert to the mean," and be low-scoring game. Having Dinardo & Escobar on the mound might produce a very different game from last night, in my view. I can also buy the 1/2 run at FDimes, making it under 9. Feedback?
    Sundram
    I think Escobar will certainly do his part. But Dinardo isn't as good as he's been pitching, I expect his numbers to start regressing very soon. It also would worry me a little that both bullpens had to pitch so much last night. But overall, I certainly think the under is the best play in that game.

Razz

Light:

White Sox +107 (Vazquez/Bonderman)
    Interesting that the Tigers would be around even money of the first game of this series with a slight pitching disadvantage and then in the -116 range in the second game with no pitching advantage. It’s indicative of how Vazquez is continually disrespected and Bonderman is over-respected. These pitchers have very similar numbers except for won/loss record. Bonderman’s ERA is slightly better and Vazquez’s WHIP is slightly better.
    Both pitchers have struggled slightly with the other team’s hitters, but Bonderman has given up many more XB hits. While Bonderman’s road numbers are good (3.84 ERA, 1.16 WHIP, .260 BAA), Vazquez’s home numbers are exceptional (3.36 ERA, 0.99 WHIP, .217 BAA) and he has thrown consecutive complete games at home, taking the pitiful White Sox bullpen out of the equation. And it’s not like the Tigers bullpen is much better, so at this price, I like the home dog.

hollins1000
    hollins1000's Avatar Become A Pro!

Respectfully disagree Razz. The above numbers tell the pitchers are pretty even. The difference then lies in the lineups... a definite win for the Tigers.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm liking the CC and the Tribe as well Razz.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Good call on the early game. Any thoughts on game 2?

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with your original 3 picks Razz, I think the edges are small but I think they are all the right sides. I'm already on Wash and Minn, and will probably wind up being on Cle as well. GL everyone.

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED View Post
    Good call on the early game. Any thoughts on game 2?
    Not really. I'd probably play over if I was going to make a play. It's hard for me to see both pitchers being productive, and the Tigers could easily put up 8 or 9 themselves.