Believe_EMT
    Needs a new laptop
    Believe_EMT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 642

completely understand your position Oil. my bets were less than $20 the first time i started pursuing this thing. end of the season i was up $1,100 and thought i was on my way to amassing a fortune. turns out the results are like any other we engage in when the independent events creep up into the thousands. i over bet the next season when the system was negative mid-may and i lost it all back and then some. that is why i pulled the plug when i hit +20 units this season.

we all start somewhere man.

sorry i have no way to help on the optioning out part and the workload. maybe i'm just used to the cadence of the whole thing.

gl moving forward. hope to see you hanging around sbr and winning.

Combato
    Combato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Another suggestion may be to pass on any team with a win pct of < 40%. Detroit, KC, Balt, Tor, Miami

Also, don't like fading Houston or LAD. Both are 66% WP for the year.
    Last edited by Combato; 06-15-19 at 10:21 AM.

Combato

Curious to see what you are on today.

At 7 AM, I decided to play on St Louis and Milw. Looking for games with a hold around .7% or less. Game selection will be to play the early moves.

St Louis /NYM game had a hold of .36% at 7 AM ( Play) Early Move on St Louis
    MLW / SF game had a hold of .7% at 7 AM ( Play) Early Move on MLW

CLV should be positive on both these teams at by game time. Curious to see if EMT is on the these games with no option cancel by game time.

oilcountry99
    oilcountry99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1094

Quote Originally Posted by Believe_EMT View Post
    completely understand your position Oil. my bets were less than $20 the first time i started pursuing this thing. end of the season i was up $1,100 and thought i was on my way to amassing a fortune. turns out the results are like any other we engage in when the independent events creep up into the thousands. i over bet the next season when the system was negative mid-may and i lost it all back and then some. that is why i pulled the plug when i hit +20 units this season.

we all start somewhere man.

sorry i have no way to help on the optioning out part and the workload. maybe i'm just used to the cadence of the whole thing.

gl moving forward. hope to see you hanging around sbr and winning.
    I'm still hanging around and tracking this method...I like it's bones. EMT I hope your up $$ at seasons end hang in there

Nice to see Combato back offering insight

dogman
    dogman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10911

Oil, the Miller book is great. If your using openers I think BOL which comes out first is the one to use. I've used Heritage but they come out after the lines have settled in. Which book to use as an opener seems like the big question.

oilcountry99

Quote Originally Posted by dogman View Post
    Oil, the Miller book is great. If your using openers I think BOL which comes out first is the one to use. I've used Heritage but they come out after the lines have settled in. Which book to use as an opener seems like the big question.
    I enjoyed the read as well, hopefully I can absorb a little more the second time around

Believe_EMT
    Needs a new laptop

stl 117
    pit 122
    sd +134
    mil 139
    chc +156
    sea +121

With Options: 17.53 Units
    W/O Options: 7.57 Units

Believe_EMT
    Needs a new laptop

great stuff Combato, thanks for sharing. i need to make an effort to read the book. Oil bashing the opting out part...that hurts. but i am in agreement, it would be nice to be able to place early bets and then walk away until the next morning.

refining the system is why i shared it. and to have other grinders find a conservative way to slowly build their bankroll.

Believe_EMT
    Needs a new laptop

read an excerpt from the book. convinced me to start playing the over nights before they become over night lines. played at 9:15 pm last night. i don't know how to track them differently, but the last thing i want is additional work. i'll post them when i play them, but maybe post the additional morning plays. no one is playing for cash at this point right?

nym +140
    sd 125
    cle 126

With Options: 18.43 Units
    W/O Options: 11.62 Units

oilcountry99

great stuff Combato, thanks for sharing. i need to make an effort to read the book. Oil bashing the opting out part...that hurts. but i am in agreement, it would be nice to be able to place early bets and then walk away until the next morning.

refining the system is why i shared it. and to have other grinders find a conservative way to slowly build their bankroll.
    lol, I wasn't bashing it, for me it's just difficult to implement.

oilcountry99

Combato...
    I don’t understand the Millers concept about reducing the hold and how to implement it within the context of this thread and what EMT Is trying to do. Can you elaborate on it a bit more for us simpletons out here (I’m probably the only one). Do I need accounts at several books in order to do this?
    Appreciate your feedback

Believe_EMT
    Needs a new laptop

ari 142
    tor +108
    cle 128
    bos 113
    sea 123
    pit 142
    cin +150

With Options: 16.93 Units
    W/O Options: 10.47 Units

Combato

Im not sure the book will help based on my first few days of watching it ( 2 wins, 9 losses) but sample is ridiculously low.

The book is worth a read. Would be interested in your take on it since this system is your brainchild and you know all the nuances where the book may be of some value.

Combato

You definitely need at a number of outs to make this work if you are trying to be into a low hold situation. Not for sure if it would really help here either. On paper, I am 2 and 9 betting into these low hold games so I am backing off and observing it until I get a better handle on it.

The book section on parlays is a real eye opener. This isn't really news but if a person can hit around 58 to 59 Pct winners, parlays can be beaten according to Miller. Of course, all u have to do is hit 58%??? Hmm.

Believe_EMT
    Needs a new laptop

getting too busy for daily updates, might be change coming

sd 105
    atl 147
    mia +160
    ari 137
    tb 124
    laa 148
    chc 140

dogman

I played this method for a while but have since stopped a few days ago. If you would like to find the hold for any line go to oddscoach under betting calculators. In this method betting into reduced lines is key because of the low hold. But I noticed having to opt out to much based on the reverse movement of the lines before game time. If you are on the right side of the movement most of the time then I could see where this could work but the important thing missed in this method is were not betting into the openers when they first come out, were betting them after the movement and the lines have settled.

What I learned with this method that EMT was nice enough to share is this-if you bet a game and the line has moved against you, you may want to opt out.

Believe_EMT
    Needs a new laptop

cle 127

Believe_EMT
    Needs a new laptop

record update

With Options: 13.97 Units
    W/O Options: 6.97 Units

think it's time to dive back in boys. wish me luck please, it will be needed.

Believe_EMT
    Needs a new laptop

Quote Originally Posted by Combato View Post
    The book section on parlays is a real eye opener. This isn't really news but if a person can hit around 58 to 59 Pct winners, parlays can be beaten according to Miller. Of course, all u have to do is hit 58%??? Hmm.
    holy cow, i think this Miller guy might be sharing a brain with me.

years ago i posted a thread across the street (ed's place) proving that betting parlays was, in theory, a viable option. i think i went even lower though and used 55% winners to prove my point. the math certainly supports it being a viable option. i hope he mentions in the book while they work in the theoretical world, pratical application has too many pitfalls because those 55% or 58% will have no rhyme or reason to their distribution. Ganch posted something similar, but much better and more detailed on here around the same time. odd timing. i'll dig that thread up and link it in here if any is interested.

i really need to read this book!

Believe_EMT
    Needs a new laptop

Quote Originally Posted by dogman View Post
    What I learned with this method that EMT was nice enough to share is this-if you bet a game and the line has moved against you, you may want to opt out.
    right. that was my hypothesis. if the market is indeed efficient (as i obviously believe it is), then +CLV equates to long term winners while -CLV does the opposite. so why not opt out of -CLV plays and limit our losses?

this year is way off the charts strange though. i'm not sure what is going on. since 2013 i was generating +CLV on ~65% of plays. This year it is hovering around 52%. that is a very large difference. i don't know if the early line movement people won a ton of exited the market. because initially i thought the midday players had better info and moved lines accordingly, but it is happening too often for that to be the case. even stranger is we are getting absolutely crushed on +CLV Faves in June with a record of 7-22 and down 16.22 Units.

i can only explain it with 'math always wins' and regression to the mean sucks and whatever other cliche we can use. over 1,000+ games of this system, +CLV faves were hitting at 58%. through april and may this year that number was 75%. so this market correction through june has them at 61% for the season.

this is the sixth season doing this in some form or fashion and i have seen this much disconnect between the overnight and midday movers. open to suggestions...

Believe_EMT
    Needs a new laptop

wsh 138
    pit 110
    mil 124
    det +158
    kc +138

suspecting pit, det and kc to move against us

oilcountry99

EMT...good info, thanks for sharing and good luck as you jump back in!

Believe_EMT
    Needs a new laptop

nym +125
    sd 117
    atl +113
    sea 154

With Options: 15.52 Units
    W/O Options: 5.56 Units

broke the rule with sea being larger than 150, but 15 cents less than pinny, so why not.

thanks Oil!

Believe_EMT
    Needs a new laptop

sd 147
    nym 110
    hou 122
    kc +144
    tex 128
    stl 127

With Options: 16.64 Units
    W/O Options: 5.66 Units

Believe_EMT
    Needs a new laptop

sf +120

With Options: 17.52 Units
    W/O Options: 5.67 Units

Believe_EMT
    Needs a new laptop

nym +130
    atl 113
    tb 111
    oak +120

Believe_EMT
    Needs a new laptop

col 135
    phi 142
    mia +141
    det 109
    bal +120

Believe_EMT
    Needs a new laptop

nym +119
    tex 113

dogman

I want to thank EMT for this thread. Basically what I have been doing is playing reduced lines and then opting out of any games where the line has moved against me. I don't use the method for picking the games here but it really doesn't matter how you pick them.

One thing that crossed my mind with this system is that you could play both teams that are playing each other at reduced lines and then opt out of the team that the line moved against by playing their opponent and keeping the other bet. That way you will always have a bet on the team that the lines moved for. But the downfall and probably why this won't work is that in every game you will be taking a loss and that will add up. I don't think doing this will improve the results so I will just stick to one bet and opting out if need.

Believe_EMT
    Needs a new laptop

nym 121
    pit +135
    sd 120
    tor 110
    det +143

With Options: 18.68 Units
    W/O Options: 4.07 Units

people really trust their models when they back pit and det

Believe_EMT
    Needs a new laptop

Dman-

no thanks needed, i'm sure i'm not the only person day trading mlb teams

i also toyed with the idea of just randomly picking teams at open and betting reduced lines. 5Dimes, i don't know when they post reduced lines, but i'm in pittsburgh and have checked at 10 pm and they aren't posted. i get up 5:30 and they've already been moved by sharp money.

the problem with retro fitting a system to pick, say reviewing the line movements for trends (home div dogs) or something, is that books would have refined their opening lines by now and that value will be gone.

keep fighting the good fight

Believe_EMT
    Needs a new laptop

phi 125
    nym 104
    chc +110
    lad 140
    sf +125
    sd 122
    nyy 139

With Options: 20.87 Units
    W/O Options: 4.99 Units

time to hit pause button again. market timing will burn me at some point, might even be today.

oilcountry99

My results for comparison:

With Options: 8.27 Units
    W/O Options:18.40 Units

Basically the reverse of EMT.....
    I can only think it's the difference in selections over a 336 game sample.

Believe_EMT
    Needs a new laptop

chc 117
    ari 102
    stl +107
    atl +101
    tor 123

will talk later Oil

thanks

oilcountry99

EMT, after further review there could be several reasons for the discrepancy, the key is both tracking results are in the plus

First ... 45678910 ... Last