SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

What happened to the pitcher shotclock???

Is that still a thing? I love playoff baseball but damn.....didnt they come out with a shotclock. Its like 35-40 seconds between pitches

Going on 4 hours for only 10 innings and 2-2 game. Speed it up a tad bit

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

No pitch clock in 2018.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20469

And what happened to not letting the batter step out of the box between pitches?

I'm actually ok without all those changes. The game is fine, leave it alone.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Just wait for the Sox yanks series. Each game will be 4 hours minimum.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Per ESPN.com, Washington Nationals ace Max Scherzer explained why he is "fundamentally against" the idea of forcing pitchers to throw the ball within certain time parameters:

"I know as players, that's something that MLB is trying to negotiate. I don't think there's negotiation here. As players, it just shouldn't be in the game. Having a pitch clock, if you have ball-strike implications, that's messing with the fabric of the game. There's no clock in baseball, and there's no clock in baseball for a reason."

Scherzer's comments come on in the wake of MLB implementing a 20-second pitch clock during spring training games.

Per the league's announcement, the clock will have three phases throughout the spring. As soon as next week, umpires will issue a reminder to pitchers and hitters who take more than the 20 seconds allotted between pitches.

Depending on the results of negotiations with the MLB Players Association, umpires could be allowed to enforce ball-strike penalties to players who violate the clock rules.

Scherzer is a member of the MLBPA executive board, giving him a prominent seat at the table during negotiations for the pitch clock. His lack of support for the issue right now could force the two sides to find a compromise to ensure both sides are happy, and that players don't feel like their health is being put at risk.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Since pitchers want 2 min between pitches they should put commercials between pitches.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Per ESPN.com, Washington Nationals ace Max Scherzer explained why he is "fundamentally against" the idea of forcing pitchers to throw the ball within certain time parameters:

"I know as players, that's something that MLB is trying to negotiate. I don't think there's negotiation here. As players, it just shouldn't be in the game. Having a pitch clock, if you have ball-strike implications, that's messing with the fabric of the game. There's no clock in baseball, and there's no clock in baseball for a reason."

Scherzer's comments come on in the wake of MLB implementing a 20-second pitch clock during spring training games.

Per the league's announcement, the clock will have three phases throughout the spring. As soon as next week, umpires will issue a reminder to pitchers and hitters who take more than the 20 seconds allotted between pitches.

Depending on the results of negotiations with the MLB Players Association, umpires could be allowed to enforce ball-strike penalties to players who violate the clock rules.

Scherzer is a member of the MLBPA executive board, giving him a prominent seat at the table during negotiations for the pitch clock. His lack of support for the issue right now could force the two sides to find a compromise to ensure both sides are happy, and that players don't feel like their health is being put at risk.
    I think it is more on the batters, stepping out and adjusting those stupid freaking batting gloves every pitch, even when they don't swing. Did Mantle, Gehrig, Ruth, Joe D., Teddy etc. wear those f...... things???? They can do without them.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

One thing I would do is get rid of the 8 warm up pitches during a pitching change. They've been warming up all of that time in the bullpen. Why do you need more pitches on top of that?

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Don’t touch the Fukin game only pure sport I enjoy to watch leave it alone please

jackbo
    jackbo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19757

Take as long as you want... but I'm still not watching until there's a consistent STRIKE ZONE.