Negataur
    Negataur's Avatar Become A Pro!

All Nl, All The Time 7/22

Good Morning.

As always, I appreciate any and all responses. This is a forum, and I encourage conversation.

Thinking about Zito and SF to sweep. Think Zito can get this one. MIL may be fading fast, and feeling the heat fron CHC.

I also like CHC to continue with their winning ways today against ARZ. Yesterday's loss was due.

Seriously considering PHI. Peavy is somewhat injured and not himself. PHI is hot in that "Pitcher's park"

May go with NYM. El Duque could shut down the Dodgers.

Like everyone else, ATL is the play for the day. Much like last night, this STL team is in need to get home, and I look for them to bounce back when they get to STL.

May consider FLA.

GL

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

When I was looking at the lines last night the first game that jumped out at me was San Fran +120. I see +125 this morning.

Negataur
    Negataur's Avatar Become A Pro!

Going with CIN, ATL, PIT, NYM, SF, CHC, COL, and PHI.

GL all.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Might roll with the Giants as much as I hate doing it. Still finding it difficult to pull the trigger since Zito doesn't seem capable of stringing together quality starts.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think SF is a decent play, not great value, but solid value. Vargas himself is no prize of course, and he is the kind of pitcher who could encourage the SF lineup into a productive day. They need a weakish pitcher to help them score, and Vargas fits the bill. As a reasonable underdog I think SF has a bit of value.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really like the Rockies, I started my own thread about it.

The only one I don't quite like is Cincinnati. Vanden Hurk seems like he can be a real big league starter, and taking Cincinnati on the road with their bullpen at close to even money when the other team has a pitcher and a lineup with upside, is a very risky proposition. I took Florida, I think that's where the value is in that game.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

El Duque was all over the place in his last start about a month ago in LA. It was almost like he pitched that specific game for the Dodgers.

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

I agree with both you guys. If you compare the pitching matchup it favors SF. The bet would be, does Zito turn in a repeat performance. I was wanting to see closer to +130 on this. Looks like I missed the boat on +125.