EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

OVER the Top - July 22

2-2-0 on Saturday, shoulda stayed away from the Cubs game. Love this game ALOT for the over, might add another later.

TB-NYY Over 9.5 (-110)
    There is absolutely no reason not to take this one. Every match-up between these two teams has hit 10 runs this season. That's 11 in a row and 13 straight in the series. That includes a 10 run total in TB when Shields and Pettitte hooked up last time. Need more? Shields has gone over in 6 of 9 road starts. Pettitte is over in 5 of 7 home starts. Even if Pettitte pitches well as he did vs. TOR in his last start, I believe the Yanks will get to TB and once you get into the bullpens, well the runs should continue to flood the scoreboard.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was actually liking TB and the under in that game Mr.Eagle. However, I highly doubt I'll play either side.

BOL to you

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Of course you make good points, I would just like to point out 2 possible reasons not to take this one. One, Hirschbeck may be the HP ump here, and 2, some of the bigger bats may sit after the doubleheader. But yes the over seems like the way to go here, I think I'll wait to see the lineups and weather, and if I still like it, I'll eat the extra juice if there is any.

EaglesPhan36

Adding ...

KC-DET +9.5 (+105)
    This one falls along the line of the TB-NYY series in that between these two teams, the over has hit in 7 of 11 this season and in four straight. The total again I think hinges on the KC starter and what they do. Bannister has been adequate on the road, but has given up 4 earnies or more in four of 5 starts. Robertson's starts have gone over in 7 of 9 at home, usually because the Tigers are pounding the opposition. At Comerica, the over has hit in 8 of 9 between these two teams. Good value here, but it might be a nail biter.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by Ganchrow HG View Post
    Of course you make good points, I would just like to point out 2 possible reasons not to take this one. One, Hirschbeck may be the HP ump here, and 2, some of the bigger bats may sit after the doubleheader. But yes the over seems like the way to go here, I think I'll wait to see the lineups and weather, and if I still like it, I'll eat the extra juice if there is any.
    Both teams have a pretty standard lineup going for 'em today, this remains a play for me. By the way, Wally Bell is who I see listed as home plate ump today.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Both teams have a pretty standard lineup going for 'em today, this remains a play for me. By the way, Wally Bell is who I see listed as home plate ump today.
    Yeah I took it myself, it looks like a solid play to me as well.