WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

More dominant at his position, than any player was at any other position. He completely changed the way the game was played when you played the Yankees in an important situation. The Yankees got 27 outs to score....the other team only got 24 and sometimes only 21 outs.

Anyone who discredits his play, either didn’t watch him or is just a Yankee hater. I hate the Yankees, but I love baseball, understand baseball, and I’m not clueless. Mo deserves it.

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7067

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    The point is that relievers don't make teams great, teams make relievers great. Trevor Hoffman was at least as good as Rivera but he won't get near the attention because he played in SD instead of NY.
    Did SD make Hoffman great, just curious? They had many more losing seasons than winning, while he was there.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    The point is that relievers don't make teams great, teams make relievers great. Trevor Hoffman was at least as good as Rivera but he won't get near the attention because he played in SD instead of NY.
    I loved Hoffman but Christ almighty pal. Awful early in the day to be that intoxicated.

First 12