Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

Baseball Pitching and Tennis?

Good or bad for the arm?

Youth?
    Adolescent?
    Audult?
    Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave Otters27 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

Otters -- tennis good, baseball bad.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

just limit the curve balls at a young age and don't over do the pitching, too many guys playing year round now travel teams over doing it
    Points Awarded:

Otters27 gave cincinnatikid513 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

It's fine if you mix it all up

Dont play either year round, kids need to mix it up, learn different sports, reactions, movements and motions

If you overtrain in 1 sport your kid will max out early, learn poor habits and not diversify his interests

I assume its a boy we're talking about....wouldn't waste my time on gurl sports. No future money potential.
    Points Awarded:

Otters27 gave MinnesotaFats 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Otters27

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    It's fine if you mix it all up

Dont play either year round, kids need to mix it up, learn different sports, reactions, movements and motions

If you overtrain in 1 sport your kid will max out early, learn poor habits and not diversify his interests

I assume its a boy we're talking about....wouldn't waste my time on gurl sports. No future money potential.
    Actually girls have better chance for college scholarship right?

Otters27

Thanks guys. Anyone think playing tennis will actually strengthen the inner shoulder. Especially the deceleration muscles

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Otters did you loan money from someone?

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Thanks guys. Anyone think playing tennis will actually strengthen the inner shoulder. Especially the deceleration muscles
    So funny...I found, later in life, that years of baseball (pitching & catching) lead to very full filling tennis in late 30s and so on....4.0- 4.5 level still. I think the baseball pitching makes it stronger...the tennis is more centrifugal force of motion whereas a baseball throw is pure action/reaction energy against those muscles.

My thinking is that the tennis swing and serve is perhaps symmetrical to a outching motion with the exception that you are using leg force upward and in baseball its downward (from a hill)

But if your looking for confirmation that a tennis serve forces a man to put his arm and bidy for e out in front of him in rythem with his lower body then yes, it will certainly help a kid develop correct pitching motion (strong leg bend, elbow out front, wrists suppenate at turn for spinner serve/ breaking ball baseball)

Of course most important for both is leg day at gym...

Otters27

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    So funny...I found, later in life, that years of baseball (pitching & catching) lead to very full filling tennis in late 30s and so on....4.0- 4.5 level still. I think the baseball pitching makes it stronger...the tennis is more centrifugal force of motion whereas a baseball throw is pure action/reaction energy against those muscles.

My thinking is that the tennis swing and serve is perhaps symmetrical to a outching motion with the exception that you are using leg force upward and in baseball its downward (from a hill)

But if your looking for confirmation that a tennis serve forces a man to put his arm and bidy for e out in front of him in rythem with his lower body then yes, it will certainly help a kid develop correct pitching motion (strong leg bend, elbow out front, wrists suppenate at turn for spinner serve/ breaking ball baseball)

Of course most important for both is leg day at gym...
    Very knowledgeable thanks. Wish I could play tennis at 3.5 even

Otters27

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Otters did you loan money from someone?
    Haha no. Just curious about the two. My nephew likes to play both. Just wanted to make sure he doesn't get hurt

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Very knowledgeable thanks. Wish I could play tennis at 3.5 even
    It's great. I had never picked up a raquet till i started dating a Latvian professional and we played every day.... on and off the court!!!

Men who play tennis later in life will be rewarded by the ladies at the country clubs

Nothing more comforting than knowing no matter how old I get the club girls, even 50s and some 60s, are still fukkable and yes they want cokk...not flabby couch potato cokk either

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Otters27