The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

July 20 Ganchalysis

White Sox/Boston over (9 -115): The White Sox' lineup has been perking up a bit of late, and the slumping Red Sox' lineup could well wake up here against Jose Contreras, who is slumping in a more legitimate way.

Josh Beckett hasn't been lights-out recently, and the White Sox power hitters should be able to get to him for at least a couple of runs. But even if they don't, Boston's lineup will likely be licking their chops if they can get to Contreras, and if they do, they should be able to get close to or over 9 all by themselves.

Philadelphia/San Diego under (9 -125): Both Adam Eaton's struggles and Philadelphia's lineup strength are both likely to be significantly mitigated at Petco. Eaton doesn't have an easy time keeping balls in the park at normal stadiums, but at Petco, he should get a greater than normal benefit.

And Philadelphia's lineup doesn't have terribly good "character", which means they can often look fearsome at hitter-friendly parks, including their own, but that fearsomeness is somewhat of a mirage. When they go to places like Petco, they stand to struggle even more than most.

Justin Germano of course has been effective at home, so adding it all up, I think this game will have a hard time reaching double digits, conferring value to the under IMO.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

White Sox vs Bos has over written all over it...
    yes the under in Petco is usually a good call at 9. I'm with you on both...Pads runs at home games 9 runs or less are 37-12 for the under or push...37-12 for 9 or less total runs!! score it.

Mr Nuts
    Mr Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the under on your Padres pick also.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

What side are you liking in that SD/Philly game Mr.HG? I was leaning on laying the small wood with the Padres.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14461

On that pair o' sox over with you all the way ganch'. Good luck tonight!

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14461

Lugo Slam

Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard View Post
    On that pair o' sox over with you all the way ganch'. Good luck tonight!
    Lugo puts it over in style! Thanks Ganchrow.