EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

OVER the Top - July 20

1-0-1 on Thursday. As always, feel free to discuss any OVER plays you like for today.

CHISOX-BOSOX Over 9.5 (-105)
    Contreras has been in a tailspin for the better part of six weeks and has yielded more than 5 runs in 3 of his last 5 road starts. He's also 2-3 with a 9.69 ERA lifetime at Fenway. I like him to get lit up tonight. Josh Beckett has gone over in 6 of 10 home starts. He'll likely hold the White Sox down to a couple runs, but I believe the Red Sox bats come alive tonight to get the over here.

TB-NYY Over 10.5 (-115)
    I usually don't like playing #s approaching 11, but this match-up warrants taking a chance. Edwin Jackson, everyone's favorite gas can takes the hill for TB. Jackson has found the over in 6 of 9 road starts and the last match-up against NYY and Mussina found the final tally at 13 runs. Mussina is definitely capable of handling TB and did only allow 3 runs in the last meeting between these two teams. However, the totals in this series in '07 have hit the over 6 of 8 times and pushed the other 2. I'll risk running that streak to 9 games.

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    1-0-1 on Thursday. As always, feel free to discuss any OVER plays you like for today.

CHISOX-BOSOX Over 9.5 (-105)
    Contreras has been in a tailspin for the better part of six weeks and has yielded more than 5 runs in 3 of his last 5 road starts. He's also 2-3 with a 9.69 ERA lifetime at Fenway. I like him to get lit up tonight. Josh Beckett has gone over in 6 of 10 home starts. He'll likely hold the White Sox down to a couple runs, but I believe the Red Sox bats come alive tonight to get the over here.

TB-NYY Over 10.5 (-115)
    I usually don't like playing #s approaching 11, but this match-up warrants taking a chance. Edwin Jackson, everyone's favorite gas can takes the hill for TB. Jackson has found the over in 6 of 9 road starts and the last match-up against NYY and Mussina found the final tally at 13 runs. Mussina is definitely capable of handling TB and did only allow 3 runs in the last meeting between these two teams. However, the totals in this series in '07 have hit the over 6 of 8 times and pushed the other 2. I'll risk running that streak to 9 games.
    Wouldn't touch either of those overs with JJGold's rug!

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Good luck, you've been doing well the past few days I've noticed.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

EP I definitely like the Boston over, and I like it a bit more at 9 which can be had for around -135 or so.

The Yanks over though, that's a bit problematic. Jackson, if you have noticed has actually been somewhat effective at times recently. Even if he has another bad outing, if Mussina is ok, say, 6 IP, 2 ER, it still will take another push to get over. And if Jackson has a decent game, the over will be tough. I'm not saying I disagree with it yet, but I do think it's problematic, and definitely not worthy of being singled out as a good pick.

But the Boston one I like a lot.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree w/Boston and the over...they've got a be pissed with all of these home losses...3 straight....they win tonite and runs will be scored....

Yankees will win too....Jackson always gives up at least 4-5 runs, and Mussina at home vs TB should mean an easy win...he just needs to get thru the first couple of innings and all will be good.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

BOS and NYY

Hey guys what do you think of this parlay
    BOS win BOS over NYY win ...on 100 it pays 291

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ganchrow HG View Post
    The Yanks over though, that's a bit problematic. Jackson, if you have noticed has actually been somewhat effective at times recently. Even if he has another bad outing, if Mussina is ok, say, 6 IP, 2 ER, it still will take another push to get over. And if Jackson has a decent game, the over will be tough. I'm not saying I disagree with it yet, but I do think it's problematic, and definitely not worthy of being singled out as a good pick.
    Agreed that it won't be easy, but I had a tough time finding any other games that I saw the over as a possibility today besides these 2 I noted. The more I looked at how the last TB-NYY game with these two pitching wound up going over, the more I liked the chances of somehow getting this one over. I think the bullpens will have the final say in where this one goes.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Nice job again.