cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

will clayton kershaw opt out of his contract 2 years 70 mil left

2 years left 70 million total with bonuses

maybe he opts out for a longer deal somewhere else for more money can't see any team paying him more money per year, his fastball velocity is way down and he's injured alot what will clayton do ?

https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/20...sults-averages

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Why would he opt out if he's winning Titles with the Dodgers? I think he likes living, playing and winning in LA.. I think he resigns..

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Why would he opt out if he's winning Titles with the Dodgers? I think he likes living, playing and winning in LA.. I think he resigns..
    greinke opted out and the dbacks for some reason paid him a huge amount, kershaw could opt out to sign a longer deal maybe 6 years 200 mil if some team will do it

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    greinke opted out and the dbacks for some reason paid him a huge amount, kershaw could opt out to sign a longer deal maybe 6 years 200 mil if some team will do it
    We'll then maybe since you put it that way.. He could also try and renegotiate his contract with Dodger management as well if he expresses the want to extend the contract or he will opt out..

Lot's of if's at play here...

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    We'll then maybe since you put it that way.. He could also try and renegotiate his contract with Dodger management as well if he expresses the want to extend the contract or he will opt out..

Lot's of if's at play here...
    i'd just be worried because he is declining, not sure why any general manager gives out long term deals to players in 30 plus year range almost all of them dont' live up to the contract and decline big time just look at joe mauer and miguel cabrera ,

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

i'd just be worried because he is declining, not sure why any general manager gives out long term deals to players in 30 plus year range almost all of them dont' live up to the contract and decline big time just look at joe mauer and miguel cabrera ,
    Is he declining at age 30? Not so convinced, he did decline this year but showed up today.. Pitchers should still be potent in their early to mid 30's... We may have to re-visit this thread after this post season.. Kershaw rolls his was to a Championship and pitches well that decline theory will be wiped away and quickly forgotten about...

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

He’s no sure thing anymore to last all season. He’d be foolish to opt out

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

He may just opt out and resign for longer with the blue

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    He’s no sure thing anymore to last all season. He’d be foolish to opt out
    Not if someone will pay him more

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10850

Cinci
    Word was you were banned?
    Any truth to the allegations?

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Cinci
    Word was you were banned?
    Any truth to the allegations?
    yah 1 day guess i said something offensive in the tony thread, not really sure what i said that was so bad but it looked like sbr was very sensitive to comments in that thread

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

There’s always a sucker team

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Probably.

He won't beat the AAV, but he can surely get more guaranteed money if that's what he wants. Dodgers may have to extend him. He'll be 31 at start of next season. Has a 31 y/o ever gotten a huge 6 year deal. Maybe he gets 5 and a slightly lower AAV. 5/160 with a player opt-out after 3 (30, 30, 32, 34, 34). Dodgers save some near-term cap space and get at least one extra season and Clayton gets more guaranteed money but only ties himself for one more season. Maybe a win-win.
    Last edited by d2bets; 10-17-18 at 10:11 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

yah 1 day guess i said something offensive in the tony thread, not really sure what i said that was so bad but it looked like sbr was very sensitive to comments in that thread
    SBR mods very sensitive in the Tony threads, every post I make is deleted.. I stopped posting in the threads.. They weren't even disrespectful posts on my part either.. One was on hiring on LT Joe Kenda to solve the case and the other was on Tony's alleged ride Porsche Cayanne Turbo a car I personally like...

Mods are looking over the Tony threads with a magnifying glass. I'm out... Good luck Tony though I hope he comes back alive.. I mean that.. Love 5dimes too..

danwinkler
    danwinkler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

His herniated disc is still an issue and can pop at any time. Once you herniate you lumbar disc it could happen any time, every pitch is a risk.
    2 years 70 million is a jackpot deal for him considering the situation. IF he opts out any team would be stupid to pay more, likely offers would be 4 to 5 years in the 100 million to 110 milllion. He can gamble play out the 2 years and get 72 million and fish for contract at the end. I wouldn't be surprised if he is converted to RP before his time is up.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by danwinkler View Post
    His herniated disc is still an issue and can pop at any time. Once you herniate you lumbar disc it could happen any time, every pitch is a risk.
    2 years 70 million is a jackpot deal for him considering the situation. IF he opts out any team would be stupid to pay more, likely offers would be 4 to 5 years in the 100 million to 110 milllion. He can gamble play out the 2 years and get 72 million and fish for contract at the end. I wouldn't be surprised if he is converted to RP before his time is up.
    He's still playing so we'll see, but unless there are flashing red medicals, I'd be shocked if he couldn't get more than 100-110 million. Shocked. I'd say 150 million at the very least, probably a bit more. But not 35 AAV, I will grant. He'll probably work out ax extension with LA that works for both sides.

Look at what top FA pitchers have gotten in the past. Granted, he's a bit older than some, but also a massive name and still produces. A top team with cash would surely throw more at him.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

Should just stick with what he has,70 million for the next 2 years.Hed have to be a fool to throw that back in their face.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

why would someone give him 200 mil

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Probably.

He won't beat the AAV, but he can surely get more guaranteed money if that's what he wants. Dodgers may have to extend him. He'll be 31 at start of next season. Has a 31 y/o ever gotten a huge 6 year deal. Maybe he gets 5 and a slightly lower AAV. 5/160 with a player opt-out after 3 (30, 30, 32, 34, 34). Dodgers save some near-term cap space and get at least one extra season and Clayton gets more guaranteed money but only ties himself for one more season. Maybe a win-win.
    Why does the guy need more,70 million for the next two years isnt enough.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    why would someone give him 200 mil
    why did arizona give greinke 6 years 206 mil deal when he was over 30 pretty risky, i think kershaw has to opt out and take more money over a long term deal like 5 or 6 years if he plays out last 2 years and declines even more or gets injured he will be costing himself money

jtoler

why did arizona give greinke 6 years 206 mil deal when he was over 30 pretty risky, i think kershaw has to opt out and take more money over a long term deal like 5 or 6 years if he plays out last 2 years and declines even more or gets injured he will be costing himself money
    because teams are stupid if you ask me. he's obviously on the decline so why give him more than he's ever made even when he was pitching great, doesnt make any sense

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Why does the guy need more,70 million for the next two years isnt enough.

how can you watch sports and not understand how this works. you negotiate when you have premium value, not when youre 2 years older. he isn;t retiring at 32. so every other citizen should max their value except an athlete because "you" feel he's been paid enough? silly. this is his last shot at a long term deal. others are already questioning what value he can get at 30. and you think he should wait until 32 because 70 mil is enough lol

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

His value is no longer there because of age

Arm speed drastically down on the slider

jtoler

kershey gonna remind me of pujulos if he gets over what he's making now although pujols wasnt making what he should have been making in st. louis. ole albert never hit below .312 until his last year there when he hit .299 in st. louis in 11 seasons, an average of .329 with the cardinals truly remarkable. since signing to the angels at age 32 he hasnt hit over .285 in 7 seasons and has averaged hitting .259 with the angels. just human nature. rare for an athlete to produce the same or better once he hits those ages.
    Last edited by jtoler; 10-18-18 at 10:50 AM.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    how can you watch sports and not understand how this works. you negotiate when you have premium value, not when youre 2 years older. he isn;t retiring at 32. so every other citizen should max their value except an athlete because "you" feel he's been paid enough? silly. this is his last shot at a long term deal. others are already questioning what value he can get at 30. and you think he should wait until 32 because 70 mil is enough lol
    You reckon these Teams are stupid,they can see what we can,a guy thats not what he use to be and is trying to maximize it.So would you be surprised if they said no,well play this out for the next two years and see where we are from their.

How often do these long extensions worked out for guys in their 30's,I can think of maybe a handful of guys.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

You reckon these Teams are stupid,they can see what we can,a guy thats not what he use to be and is trying to maximize it.So would you be surprised if they said no,well play this out for the next two years and see where we are from their.

How often do these long extensions worked out for guys in their 30's,I can think of maybe a handful of guys.
    so dumb team that thinks they are one guy away will give him a 5 or 6 year deal, can see the mariners doing it, the giants love to give long deals out

packerd_00

so dumb team that thinks they are one guy away will give him a 5 or 6 year deal, can see the mariners doing it, the giants love to give long deals out
    Oh no doubt their are some lemming Teams that will fork out,but im not so sure the Dodgers will make that error.I bet the Red Sox regret paying Price 217 million,their stuck with the guy know.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Oh no doubt their are some lemming Teams that will fork out,but im not so sure the Dodgers will make that error.I bet the Red Sox regret paying Price 217 million,their stuck with the guy know.
    too many bad contracts out there to count , homer bailey lol yanks used to be the worst jacoby cc they finally got smarter, maybe the angels will be a player for kershaw im sure hed love stay in cali

packerd_00

too many bad contracts out there to count , homer bailey lol yanks used to be the worst jacoby cc they finally got smarter, maybe the angels will be a player for kershaw im sure hed love stay in cali
    I could see the Angels paying him,some owners have more money then sense it seems.The Yankees finally figured out your better off to build the Team from the inside out.

Watergate
    Watergate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5388

He's best years our Behring him. Velocity is down as well.