lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Bullpen game is nonsense

Get a starter

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Really hope this disaster keeps teams from trying it more and more. Shit incredibly tough to cap.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

oakland should of started the 2nd guy he was good

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    oakland should of started the 2nd guy he was good
    My thing about going this route while sure it prob tough on hitters to see a different pitcher every ab I also think odds incredibly unlikely you don’t bring in at least one if not multiple guys that not sharp. Law of averages if you go into a game planning on 6-7 guys pitching, few not gonna be on.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

I laugh at all this bullshit that is happening. Just play ball

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

If Fernando Rodney is pitching in an elimination game that didn’t go 15+ innings you fukked up

2daBank

So much for liking brewers to win NL. Sounds as if they have decided to go this stupid route 2marro. Hope they get their shit pushed in then teams will see b2b playoff examples to keep them from doing this dumb shit.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20445

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    If Fernando Rodney is pitching in an elimination game that didn’t go 15+ innings you fukked up
    Amen!

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

In Oakland's defense that plan did only cede 3 hits thru 5 innings. Not many starters would do better

They had bases loaded in 4th there just couldn't get the big hit themselves

Rodney is terrible

I like the Brewers tomorrow myself

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    In Oakland's defense that plan did only cede 3 hits thru 5 innings. Not many starters would do better

They had bases loaded in 4th there just couldn't get the big hit themselves

Rodney is terrible

I like the Brewers tomorrow myself
    Kept them in it for a while but thing was this strategy ensured we would see Rodney and familia, biggest reason I liked over and couldn’t think bout backing oak.

Just watched mlb network go through how they expected milw to go about it and whole time all I kept thinking is if they just let Miley go 5 it would be gm over if they had lead, when starting w pen as soon as unexpected happens and one those guys struggles you all a sudden in terrible spot. Not to mention if this goes 5 games by gm 5 they will be in trouble w this approach imo.

Venom72
    Venom72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 974

Watched the game but didnt bet it but yea that shit was stupid i knew from the jump that wasnt gonna work out well

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

I agree, I don’t like it either. It sounds good but I think it messes up the mental of the pitchers idk.....go with your best arm and see what he can do idk....

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

I wonder if the next big thing might be just burning up great young arms for 250 innings per year and letting them go, no big contracts.

Seems GMs are always looking for an angle, that might be it.

Put 4 kids out there that hit 97-101 every pitch and do it 4 man rotation and let them walk away at 25.... keep drafting flame throwers and not paying them.

Teams need something. Kershaw proving it's not worth paying for starters....this BP experiment shows trend towards innovation

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    I wonder if the next big thing might be just burning up great young arms for 250 innings per year and letting them go, no big contracts.

Seems GMs are always looking for an angle, that might be it.

Put 4 kids out there that hit 97-101 every pitch and do it 4 man rotation and let them walk away at 25.... keep drafting flame throwers and not paying them.

Teams need something. Kershaw proving it's not worth paying for starters....this BP experiment shows trend towards innovation
    Imo it nothing more than the computer geeks who run the front office attempting to prove they know more about baseball than the ppl who been involved w the game their whole lives. Frankly I think they ruining the game, far more strikeouts than hits is a joke, the fact nobody cares about situational hitting or doing little things to win is a joke, the fact they say it ok to strike out but want nothing but strikeout pitchers to avoid guys bats that swinging for fences every pitch is a joke. I wanna sit on my front porch and shake my cain at these assholes while screaming “get off my lawn!”, and “I don’t like video game baseball!!”.. lol

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

same thoughts . it does not count that pitchers are fckn nervous. Ottavino in 1st wild card was disaster. He was saved by couple of swings, he was completely unable to pitch inside the zone. Whole idea is overlooked for me also

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

that was a horrid idea

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Rays won 90 games doing it, finished 6th team era in MLB. One great starter and a solid bullpen. Idea is fine, just have to have the right makeup of arms.

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Rays won 90 games doing it, finished 6th team era in MLB. One great starter and a solid bullpen. Idea is fine, just have to have the right makeup of arms.
    playoffs are with higher tension. many players are first time in games like that