Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    juice never pays jj
    Damn right.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Brilliant minds....

I do trust the Oakland pen enough in general though to bet the Under.
    I just feel like if a team trots out 6-7 pitchers in a game the likelyhood one of them gets shelled increases greatly. Like what are the odds all of them have their A stuff that day? Can’t be good.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I just feel like if a team trots out 6-7 pitchers in a game the likelyhood one of them gets shelled increases greatly. Like what are the odds all of them have their A stuff that day? Can’t be good.
    I disagree when we are talking about a GREAT bullpen, which the A's have. 9 innings from their pen could be better than 5 innings from a Fiers + 4 from pen, But whoda fuk knows.

frankieunits2685
    frankieunits2685's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2021

It not even debatable, of course they still be sizable favs. Imo Home field means next to nothing in baseball. Honestly don’t know if they have a set conversion scale for factoring HF in price but can’t imagine it very much.
    So you’re not big on “pitchers parks”’ or “hitters parks” having an outcome on the game or the overal line/total ?? I do think it has some impact on the game, but not as much as people make it out to be.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Just for shits and giggles, I reversed the teams in my model and under these exact same circumstances other than the stadium, I would set the line at Yankees -145 at Oakland.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by frankieunits2685 View Post
    So you’re not big on “pitchers parks”’ or “hitters parks” having an outcome on the game or the overal line/total ?? I do think it has some impact on the game, but not as much as people make it out to be.
    Oh you misunderstood me, park factors definitely are big when it comes to the total and line. Certain pitchers obviously fare better in some parks than others. Those things are for sure factors, then of course getting the last at bat of game a advantage.

I’m saying that home field really doesn’t impact the game like it does in sport like football. Obviously different parks are factors but that more of a pitcher by pitcher basis than simply a team gaining a advantage from playing at home.

Team like Rockies who have to go w certain type pitchers who stuff plays well in that atmosphere obviously have a advantage playing in that park but it still not something I would say can have a predetermined built in number attached to it like how nfl standard is from 2-4 points for HF depending on the team. It still a pitcher by pitcher (case by case) type deal if that makes sense??

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I disagree when we are talking about a GREAT bullpen, which the A's have. 9 innings from their pen could be better than 5 innings from a Fiers + 4 from pen, But whoda fuk knows.
    I see that point of view as well. Obviously it tougher for hitters when every ab comes against a new guy!! That great A’s pen has a few guys sporting good numbers that I simply don’t trust to bring their best in a big game tho.

I can see the possible negatives and the potential advantages which of course lot of the reason I said makes it really tough to cap imo.

frankieunits2685

Oh you misunderstood me, park factors definitely are big when it comes to the total and line. Certain pitchers obviously fare better in some parks than others. Those things are for sure factors, then of course getting the last at bat of game a advantage.

I’m saying that home field really doesn’t impact the game like it does in sport like football. Obviously different parks are factors but that more of a pitcher by pitcher basis than simply a team gaining a advantage from playing at home.

Team like Rockies who have to go w certain type pitchers who stuff plays well in that atmosphere obviously have a advantage playing in that park but it still not something I would say can have a predetermined built in number attached to it like how nfl standard is from 2-4 points for HF depending on the team. It still a pitcher by pitcher (case by case) type deal if that makes sense??
    yes, i understand what you are getting at.

with the Yanks being #1 in HR's hit, I would think the Yanks would want this game at home. I still think there is some value and home field advantage in baseball. If you take this Yankees team out of Yankee Stadium do you still think they would be leading the league in HR's??? just a thought

2daBank

yes, i understand what you are getting at.

with the Yanks being #1 in HR's hit, I would think the Yanks would want this game at home. I still think there is some value and home field advantage in baseball. If you take this Yankees team out of Yankee Stadium do you still think they would be leading the league in HR's??? just a thought
    Well the thing is I feel like yanks stadium helps opposing hitters as well. Lot of oak guys who hit lot of doubles should all a sudden have oppo field hr power at that bandbox.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7357

They have a bullpen with Rodney and familia. This will be fun

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    They have a bullpen with Rodney and familia. This will be fun
    Those are the 2 that scare the shit out of me, and since they going a pen game from the jump I’m assuming it a foregone conclusion we gonna see them at some point!!

frankieunits2685

Well the thing is I feel like yanks stadium helps opposing hitters as well. Lot of oak guys who hit lot of doubles should all a sudden have oppo field hr power at that bandbox.
    Oakland has been smacking HR’s all year as well, it should be an entertaining game!

frankieunits2685

Those are the 2 that scare the shit out of me, and since they going a pen game from the jump I’m assuming it a foregone conclusion we gonna see them at some point!!
    I was just going to say this! These are the 2 that would scare me, especially Rodney.

2daBank

Oakland has been smacking HR’s all year as well, it should be an entertaining game!
    Can’t believe the total dropped down to 8!! Despite yesterday’s miserable offense I’m going back to over again. 8 at that park low.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Under 4.5 First 5.....jus hope nobody is on base when the dinger hits

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11570

Yanks should be the call tonight.. Then again after last night dog win who frigg'n knows?

I never was all that good with betting MLB in the post season.. It can get dicey!!! I'm more the regular season guy for sure...

With that said GO YANKS!!!!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Yanks should be the call tonight.. Then again after last night dog win who frigg'n knows?

I never was all that good with betting MLB in the post season.. It can get dicey!!! I'm more the regular season guy for sure...

With that said GO YANKS!!!!

More to the point the 1st half of the season for me.. by August books have these teams more figured out and we don’t get 5-7 games a day where the dog has every bit the chance to win as the fav. By playoffs they have lines locked in, not enough choices to find much of a edge, pretty much turns into nfl where it for evtertanment purposes only!! Lol

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

go yanks

qtip0711
    qtip0711's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 431

Gotta back Rainmain again on this one with the Yanks run line. Severino with a bit more playoff exp under his belt this year. Oak Slug .292 against the plus fastball 95-100 mph (2nd to last in the leauge)

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Quote Originally Posted by qtip0711 View Post
    Gotta back Rainmain again on this one with the Yanks run line. Severino with a bit more playoff exp under his belt this year. Oak Slug .292 against the plus fastball 95-100 mph (2nd to last in the leauge)
    And regardless of who comes in, they won't see a fastball under 95.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

frankieunits2685

Can’t believe the total dropped down to 8!! Despite yesterday’s miserable offense I’m going back to over again. 8 at that park low.
    playoff games tend to go under, dont they?? I dont have any numbers or stats backing this up, but from what I've read and heard playoff games tend to go under.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Home field really helped the Cubs, who lost two straight at home and scored a total of two runs in those games after scoring 15 last Sunday. These games are sucker plays to begin with. The best bet is to be put to sleep by these boring games or being forced to put on a pair of boots to wad through all of the B.S. that the announcers throw at you.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Home field really helped the Cubs, who lost two straight at home and scored a total of two runs in those games after scoring 15 last Sunday. These games are sucker plays to begin with. The best bet is to be put to sleep by these boring games or being forced to put on a pair of boots to wad through all of the B.S. that the announcers throw at you.
    Certainly no edge to be found like there is during the regular season. It just degen entertainment come playoff time. I know guys don’t wanna hear that but it true.

2daBank

playoff games tend to go under, dont they?? I dont have any numbers or stats backing this up, but from what I've read and heard playoff games tend to go under.
    Pitching tends to be what rules in playoffs yes. Obviously they account for that seeing how they hung a 7 yesterday and a 8 in this bandbox.. I’d guess while that our perception if you go back and look last however many seasons i doubt you would be up much simply playing unders tho. Gotta still take it on a game by game basis imo. Lot of strong offenses in these playoffs and really not the plethora of stud pitchers we often see imo. Usually you see aces in this game but instead we have Oakland going bullpen game! The Stros/tribe series will feature lot of stud pitching. Milw/Colorado not so much. Braves/doyers gonna have some games I’d expect to be higher scoring if not early then surely late when pens get involved.

frankieunits2685

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    the cubs dont play in a bandbox like the yankees do, but i will agree the announcers throw more than BS at us lol

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11570

More to the point the 1st half of the season for me.. by August books have these teams more figured out and we don’t get 5-7 games a day where the dog has every bit the chance to win as the fav. By playoffs they have lines locked in, not enough choices to find much of a edge, pretty much turns into nfl where it for evtertanment purposes only!! Lol
    Exactly, nothing like a 8-10 day game schedule to pick and choose your bets.. Playoffs you are stuck with one or two games and you are betting against a good playoff team no matter how you look at it every time.. O/U's are tricky as well because of the stellar hitting and lock down pitching on display always...

DigBick86
    Update your status
    DigBick86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6432

On the other side

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Good call JJ

Sammy is glad you hit it

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Thank you Sammy

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

Nice bet JJ. You always pick your spots to unload.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Nice work Goldie locks. Build up that football bankroll. Be careful with this playoff baseball though. It’ll get you in the end. Take the money and run. Ride the Cuse money train again this weekend. You’re welcome.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Nice work Goldie locks. Build up that football bankroll. Be careful with this playoff baseball though. It’ll get you in the end. Take the money and run. Ride the Cuse money train again this weekend. You’re welcome.
    You don’t worry about your squad letting down after the tough loss last week? Line seems awful short doesn’t it?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7357

Congrats you square. I am not like you. You never said congrats on my Colorado pick yesterday.

First 123 Last