KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

MLB Wild Card Discussion

We got Rockies @ Cubs tomorrow, and then Oakland @ Yanks on Wednesday.

Lester is going for Cubs, not sure who Rockies are going with. They can go with Senzatela on normal rest or Freeland on 3 days rest.

I would assume Yanks go with Severino, while A's could either go with Fiers or the bullpen.

Who do we like?

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

What about Edwin Jackson going for Oakland? Hasn't he been their savior?

If I was Colorado, I would definitely pitch Freeland. Lester is going to be tough tomorrow.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    What about Edwin Jackson going for Oakland? Hasn't he been their savior?

If I was Colorado, I would definitely pitch Freeland. Lester is going to be tough tomorrow.
    Lester will be tough but all rocks gotta do is work counts and get him out of the game, cubs not long for these playoffs cause that pen on life support. Might be a game w lot of late fireworks after starters leave, might wait and try to get a nice number on over live.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Everyone will take the Cubs. Big mistake

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Yankees of course
    can you imagine if they lose ? lol.
    New York media would pop a gasket.
    Rockies might win. Cubs nothing special.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Yankees of course
    can you imagine if they lose ? lol.
    New York media would pop a gasket.
    Rockies might win. Cubs nothing special.
    I really havnt followed any of the al since August but hasn’t severino struggled something fierce since the ASB?

KRIT

Yeah I think Rockies have to go with Freeland. Lester needs to give them at least 6 innings for Cubs to have a chance. Bullpen already taxed from today, and still think they will be without Strop. Only problem for Rockies is the travel.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Yeah I think Rockies have to go with Freeland. Lester needs to give them at least 6 innings for Cubs to have a chance. Bullpen already taxed from today, and still think they will be without Strop. Only problem for Rockies is the travel.
    Cubs pen was suspect imo before the wave of injuries, now you can stick a fork in them, whether it be 2marro or the nlds their season coming to a end rapidly imo.

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Cubs pen was suspect imo before the wave of injuries, now you can stick a fork in them, whether it be 2marro or the nlds their season coming to a end rapidly imo.
    They could win tomorrow, but yeah they stand little to no chance against the Brewers. Only advantage Cubs would have in that series is starting pitching but Brewers are fine working the pen 5 innings a game.

This was worst case scenario game for Cubs, they lose and used up the pen. Not to mention they had a bullpen day a couple days ago. Cishek, Wilson, Rosario, and Kintzier have all pitched 2 days in a row. My guess is Madden may have to go to Hendricks or Hamels in relief tomorrow. Lester will be tough, he is exactly the guy you want on the mound in this situation.

KRIT

Cubs open at -130.

Freeland is pitching for Colorado.
    Last edited by KRIT; 10-01-18 at 07:38 PM.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Cubs open at -130.

Freeland is pitching for Colorado.
    Anyone know if Freeland has ever pitched on short rest?

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Oakland and Cubs.
    Rockies magic carpet ride ended today, plus I like Lester.
    Oakland is my strong play.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Oakland and Cubs.
    Rockies magic carpet ride ended today, plus I like Lester.
    Oakland is my strong play.
    I can def see myself taking Oakland if line decent. Severino been god awful every time I’ve seen him since asb.

goblue24
    goblue24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5912

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Anyone know if Freeland has ever pitched on short rest?
    From an article that is up on ESPN.com right now. Not really since his previous start was wast just 1/3 of an inning.

He's started once in the majors on short rest, but that was on the final day of the 2017 season after having pitched just one-third of an inning in his prior appearance. He'll be tasked with delivering in an unknown situation.

SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Got Oakland and Colorado here.. both teams are better than most think.

bballs84
    bballs84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40233

Anybody feeling over tomorrow night? How are the Rocks on the base paths? Lester usually 6 inning guy and can’t hold runners.. Freeland 3 days rest.. Both pens atrocious.. some big boppers in both lineups.. Wednesday night my A’s finally get it done? Man I’m praying.. Interesting to see what Melvin does.. Would go Hendricks 1, Mengden 3-4 innings (Guy been lights out in these BP games), followed by Kelly and Trevino, Treinen for 2 and Bring on the Sox fellas..

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Rocks only+120 or so. Good night Chicago

bballs84

If Rodney or Familia enter game it’s finger nail biting time

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by bballs84 View Post
    Anybody feeling over tomorrow night? How are the Rocks on the base paths? Lester usually 6 inning guy and can’t hold runners.. Freeland 3 days rest.. Both pens atrocious.. some big boppers in both lineups.. Wednesday night my A’s finally get it done? Man I’m praying.. Interesting to see what Melvin does.. Would go Hendricks 1, Mengden 3-4 innings (Guy been lights out in these BP games), followed by Kelly and Trevino, Treinen for 2 and Bring on the Sox fellas..
    I was actually thinking I might wait and see if I can catch a nice low total to hit over live. I think once starters out could be fireworks.

Clutchut12
    Clutchut12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Yanks and rockies

KRIT

I can def see myself taking Oakland if line decent. Severino been god awful every time I’ve seen him since asb.
    He's been better last few starts. You can say same about Lester, he had a terrible stretch after the break but has been great past month. I can't see Cubs losing two in a row at home. Lester is big time.

I can't get around to backing Oakland. Fiers has to come down to earth, not sure I trust him in a big time game. If Severino struggles I'd expect they'd go to Happ or Tanaka early and then there is always the pen. Oakland pen has been hyped up but not sure I'd trust Rodney or Familia.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Never seen how a team responds to this kind of travel situation.

On paper like the rocks but who knows.

bballs84

Nice Banker maybe a 2H over in tomorrow’s game

2daBank

He's been better last few starts. You can say same about Lester, he had a terrible stretch after the break but has been great past month. I can't see Cubs losing two in a row at home. Lester is big time.

I can't get around to backing Oakland. Fiers has to come down to earth, not sure I trust him in a big time game. If Severino struggles I'd expect they'd go to Happ or Tanaka early and then there is always the pen. Oakland pen has been hyped up but not sure I'd trust Rodney or Familia.
    Yea I don’t really wanna be against Lester but might jump at chance live if they force him to throw lot of pitches, that the key for rox, get him the hell out of the game!!

I really havnt followed al at all for last month so didn’t know if sevi ever started pitching better.. just assume Oakland prob has a nice big number next to them and I like dogs w nothing to lose in these 1 game deals.

bballs84

Severino just pitched in Oakland about a month ago and got racked

bballs84

On the 5th
    2.2 6 hits and 6 runs

KRIT

Severino just pitched in Oakland about a month ago and got racked
    That was when he was struggling. He's been better last three starts. If he sucks early they will yank him and go to Tanaka or Happy anyways. Yanks have more room for error with their pitching depth than Oakland imo. Do you really trust Mike Fiers in a big game? That's what you got to ask yourself.

2daBank

That was when he was struggling. He's been better last three starts. If he sucks early they will yank him and go to Tanaka or Happy anyways. Yanks have more room for error with their pitching depth than Oakland imo. Do you really trust Mike Fiers in a big game? That's what you got to ask yourself.
    I don’t trust yanks buttholes not to get tight. Season already a success for Oakland, embarrassing for yanks to lose = lots of pressure.

bballs84

Who says they’re starting Mike? Oakland been doing Pen games.. It’s the strength of their team.. Would be a mistake starting any of their starters

bballs84

According to Yanks Beat writers Happ starting and Severino available out of pen.. As 11 guys available out of pen.. Smart on Melvin’s part

KRIT

According to Yanks Beat writers Happ starting and Severino available out of pen.. As 11 guys available out of pen.. Smart on Melvin’s part
    Yeah I heard Fiers or pen for Oakland. I thought Oak would have to play next day if they won but looks like not til Friday. In that case pen day makes sense. I think Happ is a smart and safe choice.

2daBank

Yeah I heard Fiers or pen for Oakland. I thought Oak would have to play next day if they won but looks like not til Friday. In that case pen day makes sense. I think Happ is a smart and safe choice.
    I like Oakland less w him starting.
    Points Awarded:

bballs84 gave 2daBank 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

bballs84

Melvin gonna go Hendricks to start for 1

bballs84

Tanaka owns the A’s, Would start him

jm8122
    jm8122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11915

I really havnt followed any of the al since August but hasn’t severino struggled something fierce since the ASB?
    I would be really suprised if Yanks start Severino, last time he faced Oakland they lit him up

123 Last