miaplus3
    miaplus3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3036

Basic baseball question involving sbr default that show opening percent. ex,....

Wash 45.1% avg odds (-108) . Final score: Wash 5

Philly's . 54.9% . " " (+102) Phillies 3

This was sbr's feed...what information can i find useful in this. The percent of "something" that determines that percent. (is that the percent of people who think Philly will win, or the amount of bets being made on a team. BUT, the the team that is the fav is the one with lowest odds. AND, Wash won 5 to 3

Anybody know what this all means?

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

I believe those percentages shown on SBR Odds page for MLB baseball represent the current contest entries from actual players on our site

as for the "Avg. Odds" that means actual betting lines offered by the various books as shown along the top header line of the grid

a mod will chime in to confirm or correct me about this

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

55% of bets in on Phi at +102
    45% of bets in on Was at -108

We dont know what sites contribute to this tracking, Vegas Insider had a wider margin (95/5 on Was -120)

The vig would change if the % of bets changed, i.e. if 60% of bets came in on Phi it'd move to +ev; Wash would move to -105 to attract more money and balance the exposure.

It has no reflection on the oddsmaker true prediction of the outcome, rather a tracking of where players are putting their money.