EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

OVER the Top - JULY 17

Figured I'd share my breakdowns since the OVER has become the bet I make the most. These will just be a few games each day that I feel have a good shot to hit the over. Let's go O!

CHISOX-CLE +9.5 (-110)
    Jon Garland's lifetime #s vs. the Tribe are not good. A sub .500 record and an ERA above 6.00. His #s at the Jake are similar, so I expect the Tribe to get 5-6 runs without a problem in this one and probably much more. In his only start vs. CLE this season, the final was 8-7 CLE. 2 starts last year found the totals of 15 and 18 runs, so offense finds Garland vs. CLE. Paul Byrd meanwhile has good lifetime #s vs. CHI, 6-2 with a 4.61 ERA. His lone start vs. CHI this season was a 4-0 shutout. The only concern is will CHI get enough to get this to an over? I think they get a couple runs and Garland and CHI should yield the rest.

TOR-NYY +9 (-120)
    If you're not betting overs in Halladay starts, you're missing out! Despite his rep, Halladay has been getting beat up for the better part of a month and now faces a Yankees team seemingly hitting its stride. All 7 of Halladay's road starts have gone over this season, 'nuff said. Pettitte on the other side has struggled lately and is sporting a 5.63 ERA at home with overs hitting 5 out of 6 times. Don't hesitate to pull the trigger here.

PHILS-DODGERS +9 (-120)
    Another pitching match-up that screams over. JD Durbin makes his first start out of the bullpen for Philly after being knocked around to the tune of a 13.50 ERA. Some of that is misleading with two of those games yielding 7 and 6 earned runs. But that is enough to convince me that the Dodgers can get to this guy. On the other side is another of my over faves - Mark Hendrickson. The lefty still sports an ERA under 4.00, but his games have found the over a whopping 15 out of 20 times this season, including 7 of 10 home appearances. He's also been flip flopping in and out of the pen, so even if he does pitch reasonably well the bullpen should be in fairly early in this one. Phils also hammering lefties to the tune of .354 in their last 10 games.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 07-17-07 at 10:29 AM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm liking that Phillies/Dodgers over myself Mr.Eagles. The only thing that concerns me in this game is the jet lag that might settle in tonight for the Phillies, but once there on that field it should much matter.

tullamore
    tullamore's Avatar Become A Pro!

been lurking for bit, figured I would sign up and start posting.

eagles I agree with you on the tor/nyy over and the lad/phi over. I played both only difference is that I got lad/phi at 8.5 last night

gl

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck man, I think the first two are solid, but I am thinking hard about playing the under in the Dodger game.

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

Looks like the world is on the LAA over, cross your fingers boys.

forty40
    forty40's Avatar Become A Pro!

that white sox game is iffy...considering garlands road #s

EaglesPhan36

Late addition:

LAA-TB +9 (-125)
    Ervin Santana on the road, 'nuff said! Shields has also been a little erratic lately, so adding this one to the slate.

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

Eagles.....looks like Hendrickson is doing his thing.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

I took the under in the Dodgers game. Yes, I am a crackhead.

EaglesPhan36

LoL ... I'm surprised the one I missed was the TOR-NYY game, I figured the miss would come on CHI-CLE maybe. All in all, a decent night if the Phils and Dodgers grab one more run.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

nice total plays EP 3-1