ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

No way you can overturn that to safe

Bets aside.

No way you can call that runner safe via replay after calling him out on the field.

Stros vs As. Insane. Crowd affected that.

danwinkler
    danwinkler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

That shady call indeed. The arm already made contact before the glove to get the out. The glove also made contact but it could have been at the same time when he touched plate but it shouldn't matter since original call was out. It was clear out.

The replay took longer than usual.

If you are conspiracy theorist, today every favorite won except Atlanta. There were 15 games today. 13 of the favorites won. 1 lost. and if houston wins it would be 14-1 day for favorites.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Clearly not enough evidence 2 overturn - those co*ksuckers in new York - kill my Under live 5.5-
    Last edited by ikid2groove415; 08-18-18 at 12:39 AM.

ans61201

Had it been called safe on the field I'd be saying the same thing the other way. I'm listening to the As broadcast and they were even saying that before call came back. Unreal.

ikid2groove415

Oakland was over +800 ML to win - Top of the 9th- Thanks New York - fcking lame fcks

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

No obvious look. Blocked out on every camera angle. Even piecing the 2 best looks together, no CONCLUSIVE VIDEO EVIDENCE. Total bull shit. Call takes forever and they overturn it 3,000 miles away. Such a joke. Doesn't excuse the Astros dumpster fire of a bullpen though. They played with fire all night.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

I needed the Astros.
    That said, it was close but Laureano's hand was in before the tag.
    He didn't tag his arm.
    Tough loss.

ans61201

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    I needed the Astros.
    He didn't tag his arm.
    Tough loss.
    I don’t think you can say that with 100% certainty, which makes the call o min field so important. I don’t think anyone can say no part of glove grazed his arm which makes it stand imo

I need Astro’s to win division in this game I had As +1.5 and under 7.5 so it could’ve screwed me but didnt however still think terrible decision.

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

We've discussed challenge replay review before, for all sports.

It's a waste of time

Often they still make the wrong call, sometimes even though it was very obvious.

Also coaches use up their challenge for non-critical plays. The play in this particular game was critical, but many times they challenge plays that could just be let it go and move on with the game... watch that during football season.

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    No obvious look. Blocked out on every camera angle. Even piecing the 2 best looks together, no CONCLUSIVE VIDEO EVIDENCE. Total bull shit. Call takes forever and they overturn it 3,000 miles away. Such a joke. Doesn't excuse the Astros dumpster fire of a bullpen though. They played with fire all night.
    They show the angle coming in from 3rd base on ESPN this mourning - looks like his hand snuck in before the TAG -

ikid2groove415

Last night they only show the 1b angle where CC was throwing the ball - definitely can not tell from 1b angle -

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    They show the angle coming in from 3rd base on ESPN this mourning - looks like his hand snuck in before the TAG -
    Haven't seen it.

the fatts
    the fatts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 452

Total BullShit. Instant Replay has hurt more than it has helped in all sports.

danwinkler
    danwinkler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    I needed the Astros.
    He didn't tag his arm.
    Tough loss.
    There is no clear evidence of that. Its 50-50.

However, the catchers arm made contact with Laureano before the glove...i am not sure if that counts according to baseball rule.

Either way, since the call the field was safe, it should have stayed safe since there was no CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE. Plus in the replay, it looked more like out than safe. If the play on the field was called out, then it could have stayed out based on replay since there was no conclusive evidence.

I think the overtun decision was influenced by the crowd in the field, the close division race...they probably wanted to create more drama and in turn increase ratings. Had nothing to do with vegas or crying degenerate gamblers.

I didn't have any bets on this game but If i had bet on astros, i wouldn't be happy about the call.