dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Joc Pederson swinging on 2-0 pitch

tie game bottom of the 9th 2 outs bases loaded 2-0 count fly out to center

Wasn't watching the game but don't you make him throw a strike? Maybe the count wasn't 2-0? I don't get it
    Last edited by dlowilly; 07-14-18 at 09:52 PM.

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

He almost hit that over the fence.

But I was thinking Pederson is very good at drawing walks.

What fries my head more than anything is the lack of good situational hitting in general nowadays. All they needed was a walk or a single. But also in the bottom of the 8th, Dodgers were down 4-3 score and had runners on 1st and 2nd base with two outs and Andrew Toles coming to bat....announcers kept talking about Chase Utley in the on-deck circle to pinch hit next, so I'm thinking why not pinch-hit Utley NOW? Toles has like a .214 batting average on the year.

Utley lead-off the bottom of the 9th with a single, and scored the tying run directly after that when Grandal doubled. But then it lead to the situation you spoke of where Pederson didn't come thru, sending the game to extra innings, which Dodgers lost when Calhoun hit a homerun and the Dodgers couldn't answer back in their at bat.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    He almost hit that over the fence.

But I was thinking Pederson is very good at drawing walks.

What fries my head more than anything is the lack of good situational hitting in general nowadays. All they needed was a walk or a single. But also in the bottom of the 8th, Dodgers were down 4-3 score and had runners on 1st and 2nd base with two outs and Andrew Toles coming to bat....announcers kept talking about Chase Utley in the on-deck circle to pinch hit next, so I'm thinking why not pinch-hit Utley NOW? Toles has like a .214 batting average on the year.

Utley lead-off the bottom of the 9th with a single, and scored the tying run directly after that when Grandal doubled. But then it lead to the situation you spoke of where Pederson didn't come thru, sending the game to extra innings, which Dodgers lost when Calhoun hit a homerun and the Dodgers couldn't answer back in their at bat.
    good thing youre not a manager