jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

MLB Has Such A Bad Look Nightly With Empty Parks

I never saw anything like it on a regular basis, many games nightly look less full than minor league locations

WTF????

Attendance going down and down yearly, need massive rule changes like auto strikes and balls and game times reduced by 45 minutes and cut schedule to 130 games

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Why would change this gold mine? Who cares how many people watch it? 1st shift JJ is slacking...

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

It's hot as fukk everywhere. Noone wants to sit and sweat when you can watch on tv

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5588

I agree...the stadiums do look more empty than usual. However the numbers (other than Miami), are pretty much in line to where they were 15 years ago. I did a quick look and this year 13 teams are averaging 30k or more. 15 yrs ago it was 14.

So it appears tickets are being purchased from the team, but people aren’t actually going. A good portion of those could be secondary ticket markets (stubhub/etc) that go unsold. Or it’s just fake numbers produced by the teams to ensure TV revenues. Not sure what the full truth is, but in 10 years (or less) they could have a real problem.

jjgold

I think corporations are buying a lot of the tickets and those attendance numbers are deceiving

It’s summertime and they’re empty

Manny predicted technology is killing everything

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

You know what happens when tickets get bought and nobody goes?

Nothing. The MLB still gets it's money.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I think corporations are buying a lot of the tickets and those attendance numbers are deceiving

for now the corporations are buying

with the 50% entertainment deduction no longer available, some of those will be reconsidering

all it takes is a 10-20% drop in attendance/tv ratings to really damage a sport... just look at nascar or the nfl where you can get $5 tickets just like most mlb games

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2335

$20 to park, $8 for a crappy beer, $4 a hot dog, who can afford this crap??? The economy is on the downswing, families have to pay for cable and the internet, food prices going through the roof, insurance is totally ridiculous, there's just not enough money to go take the kids to a ballgame anymore. Not to mention baseball is a boring sport to kids. Too many games, season too long, the attention span of the average American gets them through 5 innings at best.

Football got it right. Only 16 games in a season, every game is important, only once a week. This keeps people interested. They plan their whole week around one day, one three hour slot when they do nothing but watch THEIR team. It's an event! Get together with friends, good food, drinks, even the wives get into it and half of them don't understand the sport! Same with college, once a week. Make it an event!

Baseball goes on forever. Same with hockey and basketball, but there's less to do in the winter so people watch more cause they're stuck.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

I told everyone to pound the giants last night? If you miss that opportunity? Pound them again tonight- Cubs going into hibernation in SF!!

ChocMilk23
    Day to Day
    ChocMilk23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

SF with Cueto love it.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Haven't gone to a MLB game since 1994.

jjgold

What is the cost to go to a baseball game? Cheapest way? One person and two hotdogs and say one soda?

ikid2groove415

They need a team in Vegas (MLB) this peoples love sports -

ikid2groove415

What is the cost to go to a baseball game? Cheapest way? One person and two hotdogs and say one soda?
    In Oakland under 20 bucks - go across the bay to SF? It’s fcking near $60 plus

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Its too hot right now in most places.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2335

At Citizens Bank Park you can buy pre-ordered parking online for $18, saves you two bucks unless you're using public transportation. A Standing Room Only ticket is $17, the cheapest seat $18. Not sure about a hot dog ($3.75 but there are dollar dog nights) but microbrews can run you $12-$13 but it's 24 ounces. I think the beer in a cup for Bud is $7.75 and it's 21 ounces (supposedly). Soda is $4.

So one ticket $18
    Two dogs $7.50
    One soda $4
    It comes to $29.50, if you took public transportation.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

Of course and this permeates the major leagues, especially baseball.
    Corporations, advertizing, these all push prices higher... prices on tickets
    are higher from corporate interests and players greed... the .0001% don't care
    about the fans, JJ... but being a TRUMP - GOP supporter you are fine with the
    oligarchy so don't act like you care about the little guy... those empty seats
    could go to inner city schools but corporate pigs couldn't care less... Demonrats
    are a false opposition to the oligarchy also.. nobody with any morals can vote Demonrat.
    So the trajectory never changes... everyone except .0001% hoodwinked into thinking
    inflation is prosperity and consumerism with sexual perversity is happiness.
    This is all by design since the 1700s. If you want to read about sports and what
    they should be like, there is a chapter in Ghadafi's Green Book.
    Empty seats and not even enough birds to shit on them because we are killing environment.
    Last edited by Snowball; 07-10-18 at 11:00 AM.

ikid2groove415

Baseball is a boring sport - to dam SLOW- millinals not watching it

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10294

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    In Oakland under 20 bucks - go across the bay to SF? It’s fcking near $60 plus
    quite the diff in price

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28484

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Football and combat sports are way more interesting to watch because they aren't on everyday. Baseball is a joke.

ChocMilk23
    Day to Day
    ChocMilk23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

We always buy our dogs outside and bring them in. Seattle has like 10-15 hotdog vendors outside in front of the stadium, get a lot more for your money. Not sure if other parks let you bring food in tho.

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by cankid View Post
    quite the diff in price
    East Oakland is ghetto - SF is filthy rich

TheChamp1
    TheChamp1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6383

St. Louis is about the only club that packs the stadium nightly. Cubs too. Then there's the level of club that packs it for key games or prime time slots. Then there's just meh

jjgold

I wonder if that actually works

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post

Causey842
    Causey842's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 444

Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post
    At Citizens Bank Park you can buy pre-ordered parking online for $18, saves you two bucks unless you're using public transportation. A Standing Room Only ticket is $17, the cheapest seat $18. Not sure about a hot dog ($3.75 but there are dollar dog nights) but microbrews can run you $12-$13 but it's 24 ounces. I think the beer in a cup for Bud is $7.75 and it's 21 ounces (supposedly). Soda is $4.

So one ticket $18
    Two dogs $7.50
    One soda $4
    It comes to $29.50, if you took public transportation.

As a Sox fan, you guys have one of my favorite parks. Beautiful park, easy parking, tailgating, Xfinity party after. Despite what happened to my Pats, I love Philly.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post
    $20 to park, $8 for a crappy beer, $4 a hot dog, who can afford this crap??? The economy is on the downswing, families have to pay for cable and the internet, food prices going through the roof, insurance is totally ridiculous, there's just not enough money to go take the kids to a ballgame anymore. Not to mention baseball is a boring sport to kids. Too many games, season too long, the attention span of the average American gets them through 5 innings at best.

Football got it right. Only 16 games in a season, every game is important, only once a week. This keeps people interested. They plan their whole week around one day, one three hour slot when they do nothing but watch THEIR team. It's an event! Get together with friends, good food, drinks, even the wives get into it and half of them don't understand the sport! Same with college, once a week. Make it an event!

Baseball goes on forever. Same with hockey and basketball, but there's less to do in the winter so people watch more cause they're stuck.
    those are 15 year old prices. more like $40 to park, $12 beers, $6 hot dogs, $6 soda's or water. football attendees pay through the nose also and there is less than 10 minutes of real time action in a football game.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16073

maybe they are expecting a WNBA game

jjgold

NBA and NHL do very well can’t compare than the major-league baseball

The national basketball Association has stars on every team hockey just says that strong loyal following

Baseball losing viewership every year

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

They have a bad business model. Good teams can spend as much as they want, while bad teams can spend virtually nothing. It creates a great disparity in competition.

Baltimore and KC are each 40 games under .500 and we haven't even reached the All Star break. WTF?

Some of these teams are barely above triple-A ball.

Meanwhile the Red Sox, Yankees, and Dodgers are jostling to add Machado to their line up. Ridiculous.

cruzing vato
    cruzing vato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 232

Last I went Petco Park was like $14 to sit up in the cheap seats. Burger and a drink were probably another $8. They made me throw away my water bottle though at the gate that made me not want to come back as much. It is 90 degrees and I cant bring in my water. What does it look like a bomb??

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post

jjgold

most playoffs spots decided already and it is the all star break

Kids losing interest, they rather listen to ghetto rap music and play video games and sneak smoking pot