Blackballer
    Blackballer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 575

Everyone expects the Angels to easily beat the Orioles tonight?

The line probably jumped from LAA -128 to around -150/-155 because everyone expects the Angels to go to Baltimore get over the 9 innings and collect the easy win but to be honest Angels were not playing like a team that desevery to be favored this much on the road.

Tonight we will see whether the Angels are capable as a team get the easy wins (on paper) against the really really weak teams.
    Early in the morning I checked the line and expected it to climb up but a bit, seems Baltimore is now on auto fade for most of the sports bettors.

As much as I want the Angels to pick up the easy win here but the line looks too easy to be true for the way Angels played lately, especially with their pitching in general lately.

I better sit this game out and watch how the Angels play against this weak team after they played a strong Red Sox's team.

Unless someone can really convince why to play the Angels tonight at this given line?

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

starting pitcher matchup appears to favor LAA. Maybe also a little "due to win" factored into LAA.

Felix Pena has a lot of strikeout potential vs. the Baltimore lineup. But on the other hand, he does have a high ERA and WHIP.

David Hess for the Orioles has allowed 5 runs in each of his last 3 starts (vs. Boston, Washington, Atlanta - 3 good hitting teams). But his previous starts before that were better by a wide margin - against weaker hitting teams including Tampa, Toronto, and Washington again. With the recent offensive form of the Angels, I'd think they fit more into the weaker hitting category right now.