moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Since the All-Star break...

Think faves are up quite a bit despite losing some today I think:

Thursday: 5-1
    Friday: 9-6
    Saturday: 12-3
    Sunday: 8-7? (not sure, missed today, assuming O's were dog)

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah, Saturday was tough, I was glad to get out of it without getting totally blistered.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's been pretty brutal for dogs this year. It's the first time that I remember chalk cashing in at such a high rate in many,many years.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4327

Post all star break is no surprise really. It usually happens like that. You got to be careful when picking dogs after the break.

But your right Dan. The chalk seems to be hitting at a higher rate then norm this year.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post

But your right Dan. The chalk seems to be hitting at a higher rate then norm this year.
    Dogs had a pretty solid run the last month or so IMHO.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well in May, favorites did extremely well, then in June the underdogs did extremely well. In July the favorites are doing moderately well again.

But I think this is mostly incidental, and some of it has to do with which kinds of teams that were overrated or underrated played other kinds of teams that were overrated or underrated in those specific months.

I wouldn't read much into those sorts of trends at all, although there are some overarching things it is good to be aware of. One, for example, would be that late in the year, huge home favorites can often be good bets against teams that are completely out of it and just playing out the season. But that falls under the category of "circumstances" not "trends".

In general this year though, there is a bit more parity than in years past, which might partly explain why these sorts of line tendencies are somewhat different. Overall on the year though, underdogs are still doing slightly better (or rather, slightly less badly) than favorites.