Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Hurt Pirates pitcher invites people to pee on his hand

Jameson Taillon may be taking the axiom, “By any means necessary,” to a different level.

The Pirates right-hander is looking into the idea of trying to heal a cut on the middle finger of his pitching hand by peeing on it. The idea isn’t his own — former outfielder Moises Alou was known for doing so, and both friends and fans reportedly suggested the idea to Taillon — and he seems ready to go ahead with it.

“If it helps, I’ll put a sign-up sheet and everyone can come and pee,” Taillon said Sunday, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “I don’t care. I just want it to go away.”

Taillon left his last start early because of the injury, and his status for Wednesday, his next scheduled start, is up in the air. Peeing on himself is just an idea — for now — as Taillon also may go a more conventional route to heal the cut. He’s already using a silver nitrate sleeve to speed up the healing, and there is no shortage of methods that don’t involve urination. Pirates general manager Neal Huntington told reporters he plans on being cautious with the injury, so Taillon may miss his start regardless.

However, you can’t knock his dedication.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7292

Sometimes after people have cancer, they go a little nuts.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Pee is sterile.

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

I think Moises did it to toughen his hands for batting which is why he didn't wear batting gloves.

Oh good ole Moises...

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

Give Trump a call. He loves those golden showers.