SBR Tony
    SBR Tony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2969

Are the NY METS going to be this seasons 2017 NY Yankees ?

the Yankees surprised many last year and almost made it to the World series

This year thus far, who would have thought the NY METS would start off the season 8-1

Pitching looks good, Hitting looks good

How far will they go ?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If the Mets pitching hold up their going to go very long way

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4508

IF

Great starts are great, but I've seen a lot of teams start 20-10 and then shit the bed. No doubt that right now they are rolling.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

aren't all their arms held together by a few rubberbands?

SBR Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Thought that was the case as well.

DeGrom didn't have good early reports, but he's been solid, Syndergaard Solid. after that it was suppose to be a toss up

Harvey started out good, but he was a little shaky his last start. Wheeler comes back tomorrow, should be interesting

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

im biting the bullet on Degrom today -195...

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    that all changed when they signed the Todd Father

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

As a Yankee fan who roots for the mets, looks like it. Yankees made a move that surprised many...and some would call unnecessary. Power was already there, we didn't need an all or nothing hitter.

Mets look good. I also like Steve Matz. He used to come into my pizzeria. Nice humble kid with great stuff.

Mets will be better than Yankees this year minus the pressure.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

2018 Mets and 2017 Yankees go about things different way, for Mets it is all about the pitching. And if Mets starters stay healthy (a BIG if given health issues since 2015 World Series run), then Mets would be legit World Series darkhorses.

YoungGambler
    repetition is the father of learning
    YoungGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Manager makes all the difference imo. Different feeling around this club without terry

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11488

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    IF

Great starts are great, but I've seen a lot of teams start 20-10 and then shit the bed. No doubt that right now they are rolling.
    No matter what, only way to judge hot starts is to give it 50 games. If a team is winning out of the blue from the start can maintain a high level of ball for that long - then go ahead and plan for the postseason, only key/multiple injuries will derail.

Astros were a classic example of this bench mark last year.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

Mets and the Redsox off to a very good 8-1 start.. Playing them both today..

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Mets have like 8 starters. 2 are in the bullpen (Lugo and Gsellman) and Wheeler on his way back. This helps their bullpen having guys who can pitch multiple innings and fill in when a starter gets hurt. They have a solid closer too. As long as they can continue to hit, they will go a long way. They are a catcher away from being a World Series contender (assuming AGone can hold up at 1B). Wouldn't be surprised if they trade one of their pitchers at the deadline to add a catcher. They also have 5 outfielders who could start on most teams.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 672

I am loving the start. Like others have said if pitchers stay healthy they will be heading back to the playoffs. No one in baseball has a better pitching staff. Not even close when Mets are at full strength.

SBR Tony

Harvey signing a 1 year contract is pretty smart if he stays healthy, and as long as he stays away from from those Model girl friends of his

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Tony View Post
    Harvey signing a 1 year contract is pretty smart if he stays healthy, and as long as he stays away from from those Model girl friends of his
    Dude cant pitch more than 5 innings anymore. He'd make a good closer.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26701

lets go mets!

unde0087
    Did we win?

AB, they will not be denied. The bats have answered all night long.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post

AB, they will not be denied. The bats have answered all night long.
    boston in sept unde!

jjgold

Great game

Mets clutch

unde0087
    Did we win?

They even covered the RL

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Mets and the Redsox off to a very good 8-1 start.. Playing them both today..
    Bump... Both cash.. ..

ByeShea

I'd say Mets a better bet tonight than last, even if the books aren't discounting Wheeler's rocky preseason. Right now it's an open secret that his stuff is intact and whatever kinks were corrected on this past assignment. If the club's success is infectious, this guy will kill tonight.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    I'd say Mets a better bet tonight than last, even if the books aren't discounting Wheeler's rocky preseason. Right now it's an open secret that his stuff is intact and whatever kinks were corrected on this past assignment. If the club's success is infectious, this guy will kill tonight.
    Even if he has some problems the Mets bats are on fire. I will continue to roll with them until they lose again.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Even if he has some problems the Mets bats are on fire. I will continue to roll with them until they lose again.
    I dunno anything bout this kid pitching for fish, never even heard of him so making it really hard to come up with a line on this one for me.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

I'm just fading the marlins every chance I can get

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I dunno anything bout this kid pitching for fish, never even heard of him so making it really hard to come up with a line on this one for me.
    He was brought up last year as a reliever, although he was a starter in the minors. But he has no experience as a starter at the major league level. He did fair well out of the pen against the Mets last season but this is a whole different deal. I like the Mets chances the way things are going.

ByeShea

Wheeler impresses and Mets win.

Couldn't imagine being a Marlins fan (not many left?) at the game last night - kid no hits Mets through 6 and gets pulled. I get it, there are baseball reasons, but still I would have been pissed.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

I am a HUGE Mets fan but I need to see them play more quality teams to get excited. Other than the Nationals series, which was great, they beat up the Marlins and Cardinals.

jjgold

They’re winning every single close game so far very impressive

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    I am a HUGE Mets fan but I need to see them play more quality teams to get excited. Other than the Nationals series, which was great, they beat up the Marlins and Cardinals.
    Hard not to get excited when they are setting history for the franchise. I mean they swept the Nationals for God sake. Who else you want them to beat the Cubs? Marlins gave the Cubs all they wanted and more. A huge concern for me coming in was the bullpen, which has been shit for years, and they have even held up. This team is winning in different ways each night. I realize its still early but this new manager has me sold. Guy has the team believing and playing as a complete squad. At this point no matter what the situation is during the game you can feel that Mets will find a way to win. This is awesome.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25244

Amazing team

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

Hard not to get excited when they are setting history for the franchise. I mean they swept the Nationals for God sake. Who else you want them to beat the Cubs? Marlins gave the Cubs all they wanted and more. A huge concern for me coming in was the bullpen, which has been shit for years, and they have even held up. This team is winning in different ways each night. I realize its still early but this new manager has me sold. Guy has the team believing and playing as a complete squad. At this point no matter what the situation is during the game you can feel that Mets will find a way to win. This is awesome.
    I'm definitely excited, friend. Already have my tickets for when they come to see the Padres in late April. I'm just superstitious because I've been a Mets fan for over 30 years and I have a deep attachment to the club.

You make a solid point though, the bullpen has been a great surprise. When they traded for Ramos last year, I was like WTF?! But it all makes sense now. Basically have 2 closers with 1 acting as a setup guy.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Might have to pick up a package of games. All of the injuries these past 2 years and poor management really soured me on the team. Love the mets hate the owners

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    Might have to pick up a package of games. All of the injuries these past 2 years and poor management really soured me on the team. Love the mets hate the owners
    I hear you. Ownership, just in the time I have been a fan, has been just dreadful. I have only had to deal with it for 15 years let alone the 30 AK has dealt with those dumbfuks.

12 Last