lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Minnesota twins crying

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/23001797/minnesota-twins-upset-chance-sisco-baltimore-orioles-bunted-vs-shift-9th

You put the shift on them whine when the guy bunts. GTFO.

Actually the shift should be illegal. Put in a rule where infielders must be within 10 feet of the base position they play.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Orioles have a lot of nerve to try against them.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

I agree, fuq them Twins! You can't have it both ways. If you don't want a guy bunting then don't give up the left side of the infield!

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

Twins seem to believe they have a chance this season, they could be a dangerous team.

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    Twins seem to believe they have a chance this season, they could be a dangerous team.
    They were on my sleeper list before the season started. Have them at +370 to win the AL Central

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

This is the issue with baseball and life in general these days. It's always a you problem...never a me problem!

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Twins are legit, pitching is solid and deep.

Big bats

Lots of runs

The bunt was stupid. This is MLB, opening week. Know the emphasis- game time. Down 7, 9th inning....get game over, go home.

Kid is a jerk off to bunt. Swing away, drive in a run. No one wants to watch chicken shit baseball down 0 7 in the 9th.

Believe me, Oriole veterans gave it to him in the dugout and clubhouse. Not publically, but in private for sure.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: USCPHILLYGUY

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

I checked out that link and couldn't believe what I read

Twins players criticizing him? Hope the Twins lose 10 in a row

You can shift in that situation but I can't bunt?

Bucketwah
    Bucketwah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post

Big bats

Lots of runs

The bunt was stupid. This is MLB, opening week. Know the emphasis- game time. Down 7, 9th inning....get game over, go home.

Kid is a jerk off to bunt. Swing away, drive in a run. No one wants to watch chicken shit baseball down 0 7 in the 9th.

Believe me, Oriole veterans gave it to him in the dugout and clubhouse. Not publically, but in private for sure.
    But doing a shift when your up 7 in the ninth is okay? I get it ur a twins fan but look at both angles

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by Bucketwah View Post
    But doing a shift when your up 7 in the ninth is okay?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Only agree with the twins if they had a no no going, which they didn't.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20457

Teams miss the playoffs by one win. That means every at-bat and every game is important and you should be giving 110% the whole season. Never, ever give up.

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Big bats

Lots of runs

That shift was so stupid. This is MLB, opening week. Know the emphasis- game time. Up 7, 9th inning, get game over, go home.

Twins are a jerk off to put a shift. Swing away, drive in a run. No one wants to watch chicken shit baseball shift defense up 7-0 in the 9th.

Putting on a shift up 7-0 in the 9th and get shit on by a bunt and start crying.. That's penetrating rich..

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

You gonna play these crazy shifts you deserve every bunt hit against you! I think more guys should do it as these shifts are playing hell on guys batting averages!!

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post
    That shift was so stupid. This is MLB, opening week. Know the emphasis- game time. Up 7, 9th inning, get game over, go home.

Twins are a jerk off to put a shift. Swing away, drive in a run. No one wants to watch chicken shit baseball shift defense up 7-0 in the 9th.

Putting on a shift up 7-0 in the 9th and get shit on by a bunt and start crying.. That's penetrating rich..
    Agreed

I know who my villain team is this season

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    You gonna play these crazy shifts you deserve every bunt hit against you! I think more guys should do it as these shifts are playing hell on guys batting averages!!
    I think it would be unethical not to bunt

They do something non traditional but want you to bat traditionally? GTFO.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post

No shit. Unreal they seriously taking issue with this!! So basically they are mad because guy didn't hit the ball right into their shift? What's next? Complaining that the opposing team is trying to win the game? Fukkin unreal!!

MinnesotaFats

You guys are missing the point.

It's a 7 run deficit in the 9th.

The Twins did the right thing to end the game promptly, by playing the shift per the analytics.

The Oriole player was pitched to and given his fair opportunity to drive a ball over the wall. It's a 7 run game, not a 3 or less run game.

What the player did was JV bullshit. There is a time and place for a bunt vs the shift, and there is a time and place to swing away and drive home a run. The kid- and this forum- are horribly misguided if you think otherwise. In addition to the verbal beatdown he got from his own veterans, MLB assuredly had a conversation with Buck or the brass about that.

Baseball is not about extending meaningless out of reach games for one's own statline....its a team game that is in desperate need to speed up play and reduce injuries. The bunt in this situation was selfish, meaningless and all risk/ no reward and against everything MLB is trending to become.

Guys keep doing stuff like this and before you know it the 10th inning will start w a guy on 2nd to speed up play.

dlowilly

The Twins did the right thing to end the game promptly, by playing the shift per the analytics.

The Oriole player was pitched to and given his fair opportunity to drive a ball over the wall. It's a 7 run game, not a 3 or less run game.

What the player did was JV bullshit. There is a time and place for a bunt vs the shift, and there is a time and place to swing away and drive home a run. The kid- and this forum- are horribly misguided if you think otherwise. In addition to the verbal beatdown he got from his own veterans, MLB assuredly had a conversation with Buck or the brass about that.

Baseball is not about extending meaningless out of reach games for one's own statline....its a team game that is in desperate need to speed up play and reduce injuries. The bunt in this situation was selfish, meaningless and all risk/ no reward and against everything MLB is trending to become.

Guys keep doing stuff like this and before you know it the 10th inning will start w a guy on 2nd to speed up play.
    Disagree and come on you recognize you are biased here, right?

I want teams/players to never quit trying to win. If they start doing that it's a slippery slope.

Another reason I like it is for balance. No matter the situation, a change in strategy against you must be met with your own adaption, for the integrity of the game.

Add to that the bases ended up being loaded, the pitcher was up in pitch count and tiring, and who knows what happens when the bullpen comes in. A team can't score 7 in an inning?

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29800

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post

This. ^^^
    If a team doesn't play to win no matter what the run deficit, they shouldn't even take the field.
    Do what you can to start or keep the rally alive.
    Last season, in April, the Angels scored 7 runs in the 9th to win.
    The Royals did the same thing in the 2016 season.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

^Fats, then don't shift. You're basically telling the guy "We'll take this and that away from you, but don't you dare do something else". It's silly shaming for doing nothing wrong but adjusting to the D.

You really have no argument here. Fair is playing within the rules. Which the player did. Stop taking away parts of the field from him, then, if you want to talk about some "fairness".

Nothing to see here. Twins were up 7-0. That's the opposite spectrum of bush league or rubbing it in, or whatever. I find any complaints about that totally odd.

2daBank

You have to have baserunners in that situation, a solo jack does his team absolutely no good in that spot.

How can you say twins did the right thing analytically to try to end the game but in same breath call the hitter JV? The batter did absolutely the right thing by getting on base to try and start a rally!! . I missed the day we all decided the trailing team should just quit!! Not sure if you know this but teams have been known to make big comebacks late. We all be roasting teams for simply quiting and rightfully so! I get twins your team and hell I actually root for them to do well but crying about this was the only bush league thing that happened.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

more teams should do this and keep trying to win crazy things happen my overs may hit
    Last edited by jtoler; 04-02-18 at 02:29 PM.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

All the more reason to bunt and do anything to get runners on.

Hey, if it's somehow unethical to bunt, then I guess it's unethical to do anything other than 3 swings and misses as quickly as possible. Why try to get a hit at all? If this is the case, then just go ahead and institute a blowout mercy rule like little leagues. As long as they are playing, the right thing to do is for the better to try to get on base any way possible. Teams have come back from more than 7 down in the 9th.

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Weakest shit I've seen in a while. I want players to practice bunting more often. Every single time the other team doesn't play someone at 3rd base a professional major leaguer should lay it down the 3rd base line

MinnesotaFats

It's not biased at all and what you are saying implies the question- why wouldn't he bunt in his 1st 3 ABs when the game was close?

LOL. guy swings away vs the shift for 8 innings, the decided, down 7 in the 9th, it's a good time to pad his stats.

I see none here ever played baseball beyond HS let alone got paid to play.

The guy was wrong to do it ok....you can't argue integrity when his first handful of ABs were swinging for the fences, you can't argue sour grapes when the Twins shut them out anyway and you can't argue common sense or adjustment when even little league coaches know you don't bunt down 7 lol.

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Big bats

Lots of runs

In a league where batting over 280 will get you 20 million a year, every hit counts. The same can be said against the twins, why do you have a shift on up 7 in what they're calling an "over" game

2daBank

It's not biased at all and what you are saying implies the question- why wouldn't he bunt in his 1st 3 ABs when the game was close?

LOL. guy swings away vs the shift for 8 innings, the decided, down 7 in the 9th, it's a good time to pad his stats.

The guy was wrong to do it ok....you can't argue integrity when his first handful of ABs were swinging for the fences, you can't argue sour grapes when the Twins shut them out anyway and you can't argue common sense or adjustment when even little league coaches know you don't bunt down 7 lol.
    You coming off as nothing but a homer here pal. Down 7 you need runners. Bottom line is if you don't like it don't fukkin shift!!

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Maybe because in those situations a HR or extra base hit would be significantly more impactful, whereas in a 7-run game in the 9th a single is just as impactful as a HR.

If the game is over and in hand then why employ the shift in the first place?

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by ans61201 View Post
    In a league where batting over 280 will get you 20 million a year, every hit counts. The same can be said against the twins, why do you have a shift on up 7 in what they're calling an "over" game
    The same reason they shifted his 1st 3 ABs....whilst he swung away.

You don't bunt down 7, ever.... you try to jack extra bases. If he pops that up he's sent to AAA.

Whoever thinks this clown is going to get big money if he bunts his way to .280 is reading it backwards...no team wants any player of that IQ or selfish nature on their team.

Kid got his ass chewed out post game.

Underdog5229
    Chillin w/Goat til We Do it Again
    Underdog5229's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1604

I applaud him for bunting, they want to shift make them pay for it.

A4K

Flawed logic and if you notice you are the ONLY one who has a problem with it.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Minnesota, this is one of the worst arguments I've seen, you basically just state "You just don't do it."

Why is "You just shouldn't shift" any less valid or reasonable than your same (non) argument???

2daBank

You talking as if you played pro ball and rest of us know nothing yet what you saying makes no sense. Anyone who has played little league ball, actually anyone with half a brain knows that a single is just as good as a extra base hit when you down 7!! This ain't rocket science, when you trailing by 7 the most important thing is baserunners!!!

Why are twins battling back today? Didn't they know once they got down 5-0 the game was over according to someone !!

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

The same reason they shifted his 1st 3 ABs....whilst he swung away.

You don't bunt down 7, ever.... you try to jack extra bases. If he pops that up he's sent to AAA.

Whoever thinks this clown is going to get big money if he bunts his way to .280 is reading it backwards...no team wants any player of that IQ or selfish nature on their team.

Kid got his ass chewed out post game.
    Is this April Fools? I can't stand when I see players swinging for the fences when down big late. Just try to get on base any way possible to start a rally. Going for HR is for stat-padders.

123 Last